It sucks the big one, but this disappointing home loss, with everything on the line division wise, sums up this sorry season.

Interesting to see a #6 Keegan Johnson WR sighting during this game. He looked to be about 3/4 speed and putting forth 1/2 effort.
I understand the injury losses -- 9 of 22 starters from Game 1 and subsequent games didn't play tonight or didn't play much due to injury -- but this game will always be remembered, simply because you don't get to play for a BTen Division title on your home field vs a 3-8 team very often. And lose.

Thinks about this....Iowa lost to two terrible football teams.... dumpster fire Nebraska (previously 3-8 now 4-8)....and the Clowns (currently 4-7 with the TCU game to go)....both at home.....at FUCKING HOME!!! Ugh!

When is the last time Iowa lost to two teams in the same season that will in all likelihood failed to get to 5 wins in both cases?

Is that a Ferentz first?

Calling it now....just not enough time left and Nebraska is playing reasonably well for them. Iowa picked the wrong time to bring back its horrible offense and non-championship defense.
You still find a way to do it against an ASS Nebraska team. It sums up this season in a nut shell.
This is a bad loss...one of the worse in the Ferentz Era considering what was on the line imho.
Hopes went from zero to slim.
Man this one hurts. Not only lose the West, but see these bums hoist the Heroes Trophy over their shoulders. Disgusting.
Put down the whiskey or put a breathalyzer on your phone. Seriously. You’re the worst, man.

This team lost its best CB right out of the gate, and because the next two guys are also hurt (Harris and Roberts), they had to go to the 5th string true freshman who has never and likely never see the field again. They burned him twice for 14 and the 6th string guy for 7, and we only lost by 7.

Then our starting QB got hurt.

Leading receiver hurt.

A starting OL on an already shaky line out hurt.

You need to take a break for a few days. Take my advice.

yep, i get the first 10 points. new CB and all. But with a top 5 defense no way Nebraska should have scored again
Who you gonna put at LC, genius?

Roberts, DeJean, and Harris out injured, that leaves no one. Of course they’re gonna throw at guys who haven’t seen a football field since high school, which just so happened to be last year.

Put down the whiskey or put a breathalyzer on your phone. Seriously. You’re the worst, man.

This team lost its best CB right out of the gate, and because the next two guys are also hurt (Harris and Roberts), they had to go to the 5th string true freshman who has never and likely never see the field again. They burned him twice for 14 and the 6th string guy for 7, and we only lost by 7.

Then our starting QB got hurt.

Leading receiver hurt.

A starting OL on an already shaky line out hurt.

You need to take a break for a few days. Take my advice.
Dude, there are at least a dozen of us wanting to go on the same rant.

They laid an egg against fucking Nebraska man. Let him rant

Dude, there are at least a dozen of us wanting to go on the same rant.

They laid an egg against fucking Nebraska man. Let him rant
Lost the two most critical starters yesterday (DeJean because there’s no one whatsoever behind him, and Petras because he’s the QB and his replacement obviously isn’t better), and you still expect to win?

No LaPorta.

21 points directly related to DeJean’s injury, and lost by 7. Gtfo.

Interesting to see a #6 Keegan Johnson WR sighting during this game. He looked to be about 3/4 speed and putting forth 1/2 effort.
I understand the injury losses -- 9 of 22 starters from Game 1 and subsequent games didn't play tonight or didn't play much due to injury -- but this game will always be remembered, simply because you don't get to play for a BTen Division title on your home field vs a 3-8 team very often. And lose.
This game will be quickly forgotten. A 48-13 boat racing next week on a true national stage would have been long remembered. And with no Petras, DeSean or LaPorta it might have been worse than that.

Lost the two most critical starters yesterday (DeJean because there’s no one whatsoever behind him, and Petras because he’s the QB and his replacement obviously isn’t better), and you still expect to win?

No LaPorta.

21 points directly related to DeJean’s injury, and lost by 7. Gtfo.

I’m confused, so because of these excuses we should all be feeling good about losing too Nebraska? Seriously????

I’m confused, so because of these excuses we should all be feeling good about losing too Nebraska? Seriously????
We shouldn't feel good. But we should get over it quickly.

They've played us tough every year since the 2017 blowout in Lincoln. Talked about in in thread during the week. We wiggled off the hook each time. This time we didn't.

They've always been a bad athletic matchup for us. They just played stupid football and wore down physically in the trenches in the fourth quarter. Today they got us.

We shouldn't feel good. But we should get over it quickly.

They've played us tough every year since the 2017 blowout in Lincoln. Talked about in in thread during the week. We wiggled off the hook each time. This time we didn't.

They've always been a bad athletic matchup for us. They just played stupid football and wore down physically in the trenches in the fourth quarter. Today they got us.

That‘s your perspective, I’m happy for you to be able to move past it quickly. May I have your permission to hurt over this loss a couple more days? I HATE losing to Nebraska and feel Iowa should have won had they played their typical minimum mistake football, which is the key to KF’s success.

That‘s your perspective, I’m happy for you to be able to move past it quickly. May I have your permission to hurt over this loss a couple more days? I HATE losing to Nebraska and feel Iowa should have won had they played their typical minimum mistake football, which is the key to KF’s success.
It will be the most wasted couple of days of your life. I'm working my busiest time of the year, spending time with a new grand daughter, helping get my mother ready to move into assisted living, and coming to grips that one of my kids was diagnosed as bipolar.

I hate losing to Nebraska too. My sister and brother in law live in Omaha and the shit started hitting the fan early and often yesterday. I hate losing my father as well. That was August 5th. Never mentioned it once on these boards until just now.

THAT was a loss worth hurting over for a couple days, or maybe the rest of my life.

So sorry to hear of your loss Northside. You most certainly have a lot to digest now leading up to the holidays. Family# 1!!!!!!

It will be the most wasted couple of days of your life. I'm working my busiest time of the year, spending time with a new grand daughter, helping get my mother ready to move into assisted living, and coming to grips that one of my kids was diagnosed as bipolar.

I hate losing to Nebraska too. My sister and brother in law live in Omaha and the shit started hitting the fan early and often yesterday. I hate losing my father as well. That was August 5th. Never mentioned it once on these boards until just now.

THAT was a loss worth hurting over for a couple days, or maybe the rest of my life.

Come on man, I'm not taking this like I just lost my father (sorry for your loss BTW). My family also always comes first and I've got my Hawkeye son coming over today and probably my daughter and grandson, that still makes life good for me. My life isn't ruined over a loss to Nebraska but it doesn't mean it doesn't sting. I'll probably be over it by Monday but I reserve the right to rant about BF & the offense even though I know it will make zero difference.

I'd prefer if fans like HaydenHawk56 blew off a little steam on here than take it into their personal life. Here we are all Hawk fans (minus the trolls), I'm ok with a few of us needing to blow off some steam.

Come on man, I'm not taking this like I just lost my father (sorry for your loss BTW). My family also always comes first and I've got my Hawkeye son coming over today and probably my daughter and grandson, that still makes life good for me. My life isn't ruined over a loss to Nebraska but it doesn't mean it doesn't sting. I'll probably be over it by Monday but I reserve the right to rant about BF & the offense even though I know it will make zero difference.

I'd prefer if fans like HaydenHawk56 blew off a little steam on here than take it into their personal life. Here we are all Hawk fans (minus the trolls), I'm ok with a few of us needing to blow off some steam.
We should be ranting over the things that Kirk preaches-winning the turnover battle (we didn’t) winning special teams (even draw at best) limiting chunk plays (we didn't) and being the mentally tougher team (we weren't)

Those were the disappointing aspects. They weren't the ones with something to play for, we we're. And something just seemed off all day. It reminded me of our opening round loss to Richmond in the NCAA'S last year.

We should be ranting over the things that Kirk preaches-winning the turnover battle (we didn’t) winning special teams (even draw at best) limiting chunk plays (we didn't) and being the mentally tougher team (we weren't)

Those were the disappointing aspects. They weren't the ones with something to play for, we we're. And something just seemed off all day. It reminded me of our opening round loss to Richmond in the NCAA'S last year.

Rant away bud.....it feels good! :)

The margin of error in P5 from top to bottom isn't that much. NW gave OSU a game. Nebraska nor ISU have been absolutely terrible.

Iowa on O has been worse than Nebby has been overall. Iowa lost its top 2 tight ends on a TE dependent O. Then D injuries. A bad O at best.

Likely some of the key injuries weren't coming back next week.

Nebby has decent receivers and used Purdue's playbook.

Iowa got bullied.

Nebby radio guys were shocked t by ey didn't go on 4th and inches.with nothing to lose.

That's football....

The margin of error in P5 from top to bottom isn't that much. NW gave OSU a game. Nebraska nor ISU have been absolutely terrible.

Iowa on O has been worse than Nebby has been overall. Iowa lost its top 2 tight ends on a TE dependent O. Then D injuries. A bad O at best.

Likely some of the key injuries weren't coming back next week.

Nebby has decent receivers and used Purdue's playbook.

Iowa got bullied.

Nebby radio guys were shocked t by ey didn't go on 4th and inches.with nothing to lose.

That's football....
Jemari Harris was a big early loss. He's a gamer. His picks last year sealed both the Northwestern and Nebraska games.

Jestin Jacobs was just as huge. An athlete who makes plays sideline to sideline.

Keegan Johnson, best returning receiver, played one game.

Justin Britt, key offensive lineman, didn't play at all.

Then came the rash of injuries vs Minnesota and Nebraska.

Our margin for error, at the end of the day, was too thin to overcome all the bumps and bruises. Our lack of depth was exposed. That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Latest posts