Does anyone else miss....

VBoschHawk

The charm of the pre-renovation Kinnick Stadium? There were some really old school things about Kinnick that I miss sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I love the renovations, but I miss the old Kinnick sometimes.

I miss the old fashioned clock that they had on there. I would always look up there to see what time it was. Now I have to take the time and effort to reach in my pocket and pull out my cell phone. ;)

I don't miss the restrooms, but I do miss watching a visiting fan enter the men's restroom for the first time, especially if they had to drop a duece.

Yes, I miss not having doors on the bathroom stalls. In college when I had a bad case of the beer sh$%s from a late Friday night at Brothers.... everyone could watch me releaving myself at halftime.

This is more of a compliant, but has anyone noticed that the HUGE tigerhawk on the new scoreboard is not centered properly? It tilts downward. Seriously, how to you mess that up?!

I miss the Tigerhawk on the watertower. Oh, that's right, they never got around to putting the Tigerhawk on the watertower. Must be wishful thinking.
Seriously, I miss the grass areas in the North endzone.

I sure as heck don't miss the massive traffic jams of people entering the game at the SW corner. That was dangerous for kids!

I love what they've done but something has to be done with the bathrooms and concession stands. Up at Wisky a couple of weeks ago, you could go to the head and grab a Coke and not miss a play during a TV timeout. Good luck with that at Kinnick!

Yes, I miss not having doors on the bathroom stalls. In college when I had a bad case of the beer sh$%s from a late Friday night at Brothers.... everyone could watch me releaving myself at halftime.

Whew...I think I would have to tap out at that point in time, go out to the parking lot and hit a porta potty, and walk down the hill to the Vine or the Wig and finish things out from there.

I was walking around Kinnick on Tuesday, taking a few photos...just admiring how much the new south end zone looks like the old east and west sides from a bricks perspective...the place is just beautiful.

Latest posts