149?

oldschoolhawk

Well after that performance last night I know we all have concerns. I think Ballweg has talent but he looked tentative, there was no confidence in his shots, and they were half shots at best. So does anyone know where Carew is with his knee health? Is there definitely no way Kelly can make 149? If neither of these are a possibility is Mark Ballweg a better option than Jake right now? I know the sized concern but Mark at least gave effort last year.

Marion could eat some extra turkey and gravy and bump up a weight. Then Mark Ballweg can slide in just fine at 41

Marion could eat some extra turkey and gravy and bump up a weight. Then Mark Ballweg can slide in just fine at 41

I think Montell could hang with anyone other than Molinaro at 149 if he started the process a little earlier. With that said, Montell has title or nothing on his mind. He'll be at 141. Too bad Mark didn't bulk up for the spot, his scrambling skills would give him better chances even if he's not strong enough for the weight class.

Brands made it sound like he's not satisfied with Carew's attitude. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Brands wasn't happy about Grant's and DSJ's either last year. Brands and Carew don't always see eye to eye...

He'd better get right with TB or he will be the new Joe Slaton.

Joey was an NCAA runner-up, he had reason for his hype.
This is way worse... the next Nate Moore. Moore and Carrew have the same exact career right now. Tons of hype with nothing else to go with it.

Brands wasn't happy about Grant's and DSJ's either last year. Brands and Carew don't always see eye to eye...

Well if that's the case then that's Carew's problem. His job is not to get 30 lbs over weight and question the best coaching staff in the nation when he's proved nothing besides the ability to get injured.

Maybe he needs to decide to "Buy In" to the program and start living the right lifestyle. McDonough has taken Evans under his wing, maybe he will take Carew under the other!!!! It is one thing if it is injuries but if it is a lack of heart and discipline then that either needs to change or we move on. You are right, potential means nothing if you don't use it.

Now we have people questioning what Carew has proven but then saying that Dziewa should be an option? That is confusing.

I don't know how the 4th string 141 pounder is an option at 149...

Who said he was an option? I just said i would like to see it. I'm excited about Dziewa is all. It's not like Carew has proven anything either. Right now we know he gets hurt a lot and has some attitude issues.

Latest posts