Kinnick cell phone coverage

ICHawk24

I have an iPhone with AT&T. When I'm at Kinnick, I get zero coverage and I may as well have a brick in my pocket.

Does anyone else have a smartphone that they are able to use at Kinnick? From what carrier?

Thanks.

I have an iPhone with AT&T. When I'm at Kinnick, I get zero coverage and I may as well have a brick in my pocket.

Does anyone else have a smartphone that they are able to use at Kinnick? From what carrier?

Thanks.

ive had both verizon and sprint for years and neither work. you just cant have that many people in one spot without a huge infrastructure upgrade.

I always have trouble too. Last year was a little better for texting but not much. Sometimes I can get calls to come through out of the stands by the entrances but it's spotty.

Too many people in the same place at the same time. Bad place not to be able to get through to your friends/family, nobody wants to stay at the same tailgate so one small group stays the other leaves. Or if you get to the game at a different time than your friends. Ugh, it can be a little frustrating at times.

I've had US Cellular and T Mobile and for the most part have had no problems. Now I have Sprint so I'm worried I may not get a good signal, we'll see. I just need to be able to text, I don't really care about anything else.

I have sprint, and while the coverage is tough in the stands during a game, it should be expected. The odd thing that happens for me is that I don't get texts right away, but when I do, I get the same text 2 or 3 times.

I have found that haing AT&T is pretty rough for coverage, but that was before Verizon joined the party this year. I would expect it to be tough for anybody to get a call/or text during a game while at or near the game.

why do you think you need to talk on the phone or text when you're inside Kinnick, watching the Hawkeyes play football?? :confused:

I text my buddy who goes to UNI during the game. It's just like we are back in HS at his place with the conversation we have.

It's usually during time outs and between quarters.

why do you think you need to talk on the phone or text when you're inside Kinnick, watching the Hawkeyes play football?? :confused:

Cause I might need to tell Mr Freak to get me hot chocolate when he comes back with that hotdog!

OR

I can text someone back home "whooooohoooo! Did you see that!"

OR

Someone might be texting me "Hey I just saw you on TV!"

OR

My mom might call and say "are you with your dad? He won't answer his phone"

Lots of reasons.

#1 to text friends who are not there to inform them of what they are missing out on
#2 to call my friends who are watching on tv and can give me a better idea on instant replays of whether or not the correct call was made.

Pfft. Kids. (Except for you, 'Freak.)
GET OFF MY LAWN!!

And let's not forget texting your pics to the big screen.

OR

Texting security about the loser drunk sitting next to ya' ( sorry dad:eek::p)

To holla at yo homeboys and find out where they at. Not everybody has assigned seats (students) or stays with their group at all times.

I text "TOUCHDOWN IOWA!!!!!!" to most of my friends every time the Hawks score.......especially my friends who are ISU or Wisconsin fans lol.

I also call my dad at halftime to talk about what we thought of the first half at every game. Never had problems. US Cellular

I text "TOUCHDOWN IOWA!!!!!!" to most of my friends every time the Hawks score.......especially my friends who are ISU or Wisconsin fans lol.

I also call my dad at halftime to talk about what we thought of the first half at every game. Never had problems. US Cellular

Bragger

Awwww! That's very nice, Young Man. :)

Latest posts