James Cleveland

wonder why is had a reduced role in 2010 and the ensuing reduced production? 101 catches in a season is a ton, but Houston throws it around alot.

wonder why is had a reduced role in 2010 and the ensuing reduced production? 101 catches in a season is a ton, but Houston throws it around alot.

In '09, Houston threw the ball 747 times for 525 completions. Cleveland caught 104 passes, good for 19.8% of Houston's completions and 13.9% of their pass attempts.

In '10, Houston threw the ball 484 times for 298 completions. Cleveland caught 57 passes, good for 19.1% of Houston's completions and 11.8% of their pass attempts.

To your point, he was the Cougars leading receiver in '09 but not in '10; however, I would say that was as much caused by missing two games as anything else. Edit: I double-checked and Cleveland participated vs. Texas Tech and accumulated zero stats. He isn't listed as having participated vs. Mississippi St.

Last edited:
Houston had both of their Top 2 QBs out for the year by the 4th game.

Hard to have a successful pass O in that situation.

In '09, Houston threw the ball 747 times for 525 completions. Cleveland caught 104 passes, good for 19.8% of Houston's completions and 13.9% of their pass attempts.

In '10, Houston threw the ball 484 times for 298 completions. Cleveland caught 57 passes, good for 19.1% of Houston's completions and 11.8% of their pass attempts.

To your point, he was the Cougars leading receiver in '09 but not in '10; however, I would say that was as much caused by missing two games as anything else. Edit: I double-checked and Cleveland participated vs. Texas Tech and accumulated zero stats. He isn't listed as having participated vs. Mississippi St.

He didnt play against MS St as he was suspended because he cut a practice not the week before the game but the week before that when they had a bye the Sat before the Ms State game. I was at the game and he was on the sideline in street clothes.