Iowa Targeting January for New OC

Those damn grapes were sour.
Not sure if you meant this to the poster you quoted or to the author of the article. Anyway, "snubbed" isn't a very good word to use to describe Chyst being passed over. If true, sounds like KF decided on a tried and true confidant who he has a lot of history with over someone who he had a great deal of respect for as a rival coach. I don't have a problem with that. Time will tell if it is a good choice.

Not sure if you meant this to the poster you quoted or to the author of the article. Anyway, "snubbed" isn't a very good word to use to describe Chyst being passed over. If true, sounds like KF decided on a tried and true confidant who he has a lot of history with over someone who he had a great deal of respect for as a rival coach. I don't have a problem with that. Time will tell if it is a good choice.
Kind of just meant to throw some long-term snark Bucky's way.

If Chryst truly is not a candidate, my guess is that Kirk is concerned that he would simply sign on as a stepping stone to a return to a HC somewhere.

That's probably a realistic concern. If Chryst came in and had the offense humming (or even just serviceable) within a season or two, it's highly probable that he would be gone.

If Chryst truly is not a candidate, my guess is that Kirk is concerned that he would simply sign on as a stepping stone to a return to a HC somewhere.

That's probably a realistic concern. If Chryst came in and had the offense humming (or even just serviceable) within a season or two, it's highly probable that he would be gone.

For most programs, that would be a good thing.

But I doubt anybody would get hired as HC based on what they did as an Iowa OC.

While I understand there is lots of speculation that the next OC could well be Philbin. There is another friend of coach Ferentz who may well be out of a job at the New England Patriots. Bill O'Brien would be a great hire as well.

Gosh. Having read so many posts here claiming “no way” can we attract a quality OC, I am shocked at the apparently highly qualified candidates.

Does anyone think that Kirk is going to bring in someone as OC who will:
- Make Brian look incompetent?
- Make his decision to hire Brian look like a mistake?
- Allow changes to the offense that will discredit his stubborn resistance to change?

Does anyone think that Kirk is going to bring in someone as OC who will:
- Make Brian look incompetent?
- Make his decision to hire Brian look like a mistake?
- Allow changes to the offense that will discredit his stubborn resistance to change?
I do because I think Kirk is extremely competitive. He is also extremely stubborn, but I think he wants to re-establish his legacy that's been tarnished a lot the last 2 years.

Both

New staff at Ole Miss told CJB they didn’t want him.

CJB was pretty disappointed when KOK left before he got here. I remember interviewing him about it and writing a story.
Agree with all above but with new division recuriting has to get much better. Most of the offense.

Philbin would be a disaster as he doesn’t like recruiting. The offense will be Kirk’s offense no matter who is the OC. The only change an OC can bring is as a recruiter or developing talent.

Joe was the Oline coach in a period where Iowa produced some absolute studs but that was 20 years ago.

I don’t think he brings anything to a college team.

Philbin would be a disaster as he doesn’t like recruiting. The offense will be Kirk’s offense no matter who is the OC. The only change an OC can bring is as a recruiter or developing talent.

Joe was the Oline coach in a period where Iowa produced some absolute studs but that was 20 years ago.

I don’t think he brings anything to a college team.
Like location location location. Recruiting recruiting recruiting.

Latest posts