On another note!

Ben Rumson

For the last week I've been recovering from back surgery. I've spent more time with Bowl games, Andy Griffith and Mash than anytime in my lifetime. I cut cable long ago and stream what I like. With that being said here is my observation.
Am I really home recovering from back surgery or did I actually die and and go to Lume and Peleton commercial hell?
First of all if you stink that bad get some SoS scouring pads and see you gyno, second who eats Doritos while wearing you hawian shirt working out?
The worst is Velma Dinkley walking on the treadmill got love that. I'm afraid my mute button won't last the next few weeks.

For the last week I've been recovering from back surgery. I've spent more time with Andy Griffith and Mash than anytime in my lifetime.
Hope all is well. I had to do the same thing last spring. Felt great but the surgeon said I had to do nothing for 3 weeks. Meaning week 2 I was allowed to go down a flight of stairs. Week 3 I was able to walk a total of 1/4 mile a day. Sounds like a lot but when you've been cooped up for a week, it's not very far.

What are your favorite episodes? I think I saw them all in my 3 weeks. I've got to go with Captain Tuttle for Mash, where they make up a new surgeon and try to find a way to make everyone believe he exists. Really though, anything with Frank and Trapper. I've gotta go with the Pickle Story for Andy. Wasn't bored enough to watch the color episodes.

Hope recovery is going well!

Hope all is well. I had to do the same thing last spring. Felt great but the surgeon said I had to do nothing for 3 weeks. Meaning week 2 I was allowed to go down a flight of stairs. Week 3 I was able to walk a total of 1/4 mile a day. Sounds like a lot but when you've been cooped up for a week, it's not very far.

What are your favorite episodes? I think I saw them all in my 3 weeks. I've got to go with Captain Tuttle for Mash, where they make up a new surgeon and try to find a way to make everyone believe he exists. Really though, anything with Frank and Trapper. I've gotta go with the Pickle Story for Andy. Wasn't bored enough to watch the color episodes.

My situation probably is more pathetic, since I don't have the excuse of recent surgery to justify watching those old comedies. :cool: On weekends, I'm quite happy vegging out and watching reruns of the classic comedies and westerns. My wife routinely teases me for the constant Gunsmoke and Bonanza episodes.

Not everyone will agree, but IMO the first 4-5 seasons of MASH were absolute classics, but the last 4-5 seasons devolved to the point where the show was almost unwatchable. Before his death, Larry Linville was highly critical of the direction the show chose to go. That Tuttle episode is a classic. So many great ones. The episode where MacArthur was visiting is one that comes to mind as well.

If I was sentenced to watching early MASH, Andy Griffith, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Hogan's Heroes, Cheers, Sanford and Son, Carol Burnett and The Odd Couple the rest of my life I'd actually be quite content....

My situation probably is more pathetic, since I don't have the excuse of recent surgery to justify watching those old comedies. :cool: On weekends, I'm quite happy vegging out and watching reruns of the classic comedies and westerns. My wife routinely teases me for the constant Gunsmoke and Bonanza episodes.

Not everyone will agree, but IMO the first 4-5 seasons of MASH were absolute classics, but the last 4-5 seasons devolved to the point where the show was almost unwatchable. Before his death, Larry Linville was highly critical of the direction the show chose to go. That Tuttle episode is a classic. So many great ones. The episode where MacArthur was visiting is one that comes to mind as well.

If I was sentenced to watching early MASH, Andy Griffith, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Hogan's Heroes, Cheers, Sanford and Son, Carol Burnett and The Odd Couple the rest of my life I'd actually be quite content....
Totally agree. The last few years of Mash turned political. Some good episodes, but too much negativity. I love all of the shows you mentioned. The two clips I love the most from shows make me laugh every time.

Elephant Story--Carol Burnett Show
Reverend Jim's Driving Test--Taxi This may not make sense to those that don't know the character.

Totally agree. The last few years of Mash turned political. Some good episodes, but too much negativity. I love all of the shows you mentioned. The two clips I love the most from shows make me laugh every time.

Reverend Jim's Driving Test--Taxi This may not make sense to those that don't know the character.
LOL. That's some classic stuff.

Here's a couple more:

I enjoy watching all those classic shows as well. Hogan's Heroes is probably my favorite along with the black and white Andy Griffith episodes. Always enjoy when the Darling's come to town.

Get Smart is great, but I don't see it too often on TV anymore. I wanted Agent 99 ;)

My favorite Mash is the first couple seasons! Col. Blake and Tapper with Hawkeye and Frank can't be topped with B.J and Potter.
Favorite line which you never picked up until you older is Margaret massaging Frank and Hawk and Trapper come in and say ( I've always said behind every great man is a women with a vibrator)
TUTTLE is the best and then 5 o'clock Charlie.
Andy Griffith has to be the kerosene cucumbers and when Barney gets the motorcycle.
I've been walking a 1/4 mile everyday so far, I had my S1-L5 disc replaced, but through the front lower abdomen Alif surgery. Sciatica was killing me last year. I'd go to work and come home and lay flat just get ready for next day. So many home projects not done this year. Barley took the classic cars out this year. Usually do 2 days of Good Guys in des moines but only made it through 6 hours of one day and that was sitting on ass drinking beer and hydrocodine. Gained 10 pounds this summer because of inactivity. Back actually felt good upon recovery room but this lower abdomen 7" scar and constipation has been the worst. But can tell already I made the right decision and DMOS in west Des Moines is by far the best place I've ever been ! They have done my rotator cuff and partial knee in the last 4 years and 100% after. Of course let everything go until you just can't bare it anymore so anything probably feels better after I've had the surgeries. Pretty much wore out my body early in life in building heavy construction vehicles. Should of listened to the older guys when younger. Work smarter not harder. Jack's and hoists and forklifts were made for a purpose. We've all been there. Of course being a hard headed Marine for 8 years tells my just get it done attitude. Mind over matter but body is starting to say F**k you for it! Lol! appreciate it all the replies!

Reverend Jim's Driving Test--Taxi

From Huck—-My fav: Judd: “Rough day. Want to go out and tie one on?” Jim: “Sounds great! I love Chinese food.”

LOL. That's some classic stuff.

Here's a couple more:

YES!!! Those are awesome! The turkey drop is another one that is funny every time. It's another that people that aren't familiar with Les would understand.

I love it when the cast of Carol Burnett crack each other up. They're not supposed to do it, but those are the best ones.

My favorite Mash is the first couple seasons! Col. Blake and Tapper with Hawkeye and Frank can't be topped with B.J and Potter.
Favorite line which you never picked up until you older is Margaret massaging Frank and Hawk and Trapper come in and say ( I've always said behind every great man is a women with a vibrator)
TUTTLE is the best and then 5 o'clock Charlie.
Andy Griffith has to be the kerosene cucumbers and when Barney gets the motorcycle.
I've been walking a 1/4 mile everyday so far, I had my S1-L5 disc replaced, but through the front lower abdomen Alif surgery. Sciatica was killing me last year. I'd go to work and come home and lay flat just get ready for next day. So many home projects not done this year. Barley took the classic cars out this year. Usually do 2 days of Good Guys in des moines but only made it through 6 hours of one day and that was sitting on ass drinking beer and hydrocodine. Gained 10 pounds this summer because of inactivity. Back actually felt good upon recovery room but this lower abdomen 7" scar and constipation has been the worst. But can tell already I made the right decision and DMOS in west Des Moines is by far the best place I've ever been ! They have done my rotator cuff and partial knee in the last 4 years and 100% after. Of course let everything go until you just can't bare it anymore so anything probably feels better after I've had the surgeries. Pretty much wore out my body early in life in building heavy construction vehicles. Should of listened to the older guys when younger. Work smarter not harder. Jack's and hoists and forklifts were made for a purpose. We've all been there. Of course being a hard headed Marine for 8 years tells my just get it done attitude. Mind over matter but body is starting to say F**k you for it! Lol! appreciate it all the replies!
Love 5 o'clock Charlie. Those are best when Frank goes off on something and the others joke about it because it's not a big deal.

I had my C5, C6, and C7 fused. I don't know for sure, but I have to think the lower in the spine the issue is, the worse it gets. I was in a crap load of pain before the surgery, but it was all gone after and I haven't had a single issue since. Being a math teacher, the surgeon was worried about me having a disc disorder. Then I told him I played college baseball, coached in college for 2 seasons and HS for the last 31 throwing thousands of batting practice pitches and hundreds of ground balls and fly balls every season. He wasn't worried anymore. I'm stupid though (not a surprise to anyone that knows me). I went back to throwing and swinging this summer. In my stubborn eyes, nobody can do it better.

View attachment 10583
Those are some fine selections.....Mash, Andy, etc. On a side note, does the Meat Head, in his last hurrah, have anything new dialed up for Tennessee?
It's your first amendment right to own a gun because if you have a gun in your hand, you can say anything you want.

Some say that show would never fly today. I say it would be perfect for today, minus some outdated and offensive language. Great show. His interactions with Lionel Jefferson were priceless.

YES!!! Those are awesome! The turkey drop is another one that is funny every time. It's another that people that aren't familiar with Les would understand.

I love it when the cast of Carol Burnett crack each other up. They're not supposed to do it, but those are the best ones.
On an odd side note, the most hilarious scene in the movie, Valley Girl, involves the actor who played Les.

Towards the beginning of the movie, the main character, Julie, is taking her driving test with her friends in the back seat. "Les" is the instructor, and gets completely freaked out by her driving, to the point where he literally jumps out of the vehicle. The best part is that you don't actually see it - all you hear is the door slam shut and then he's gone. I laugh every time I think of it.

Latest posts