QBs hitting the transfer portal

CP87

It seems like anyone half decent is hitting the portal looking for a million dollar NIL deal (Kaliakmanis from Minny just announced he is transferring). Rhule just had a quote that a QB from the portal will cost a team 1.5-2 million. If you are P5 starting level and you don't have a deal, going in the portal will probably make you a millionaire. Weird new world, it will be interesting to see how it sorts out.

Sheds light on Spencer Petras hitting the portal… he has estimated value of $250k. Why wouldn’t you? Shit at 43 give me an estimated value of $250k and I’ll throw some cleats on. Their personal trainers and massage therapist got there work cut out for them though lol

Rhule said that to get a really good QB from the portal is 1-2 million. Not just anyone. I am guessing a guy like McNamara would be in that range or close to it. Someone who has started and performed at a high level. Most of these guys aren't that.

I might trade the washing machine in the locker room for Petras. 250k is a joke for a bad QB coming off of major injury.

Bo Nix

He f*cks this all up. He was awful at Auburn, but if you land the right dude it is totally worth it.

Pennix

He was worth the gamble coming off knee surgery and the bad year that followed.

Bottom line, if you get it right, it is totally worth it. The odds of you getting it right are so low, tho.

Also makes me curious what we forked out to get Cade. Crazy ass times we are living in now that college players make that kind of money. Wonder what stipulations and shit are in those contracts, what a legal nightmare . I could definitely see this as the type of thing that pushes Kirk into retirement.

Also makes me curious what we forked out to get Cade. Crazy ass times we are living in now that college players make that kind of money. Wonder what stipulations and shit are in those contracts, what a legal nightmare . I could definitely see this as the type of thing that pushes Kirk into retirement.

Low six figures for Cade is what I heard. Don't quote on me it. I'm just a knucklehead fan getting 2nd hand info.

Low six figures for Cade is what I heard. Don't quote on me it. I'm just a knucklehead fan getting 2nd hand info.
Damn. Not sure I can keep drinking all this swarm beer to allow Iowa to keep up in transfer portal, but I’ll try!

I heard from an informed source that Cade's deal was +- a million. I wonder what contingencies are there in the event of injury. Both parties would want to protect themselves.

I still worry that he won't stay healthy in '24... I long for a competent offense.

Sheds light on Spencer Petras hitting the portal… he has estimated value of $250k. Why wouldn’t you? Shit at 43 give me an estimated value of $250k and I’ll throw some cleats on. Their personal trainers and massage therapist got there work cut out for them though lol

One could always enter the Wrestlemania Postal

Become an Iron Sheik

Or even a Rowdy Ronnie Piper

Who has become one of the MiniCharacters on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

:cool:

Hell there will always be room for Jake the Snake Roberts

The possibilities are endless

images

I for one would not pay a dime for him. In fact, I'd pay him to stay away from my school.

I never understood those that defended him... I can't get that play against Michigan 2 yrs ago out of my head where he just let the DE fly by him and he didn't touch anyone. Just ugh... He was never any good I thought
It sucks, because I don't want to trash our players, but there are some guys that are just so bad that I cannot believe there isn't someone else on the depth chart with fewer years in the program that must be better. There's a point at which your play is just so bad that I think it's worth giving someone else unproven a chance to actually grow.

Thats a short leash....
Lol. Guy wins 11 games and loses by 3 points to the #1 team in the country and gets possibly benched? Plus he is worth high six figures on the open market? I'd leave too....

The Kyle McCord development is amazing to me. It truly indicates how desperate Ohio State is to start beating Michigan again.

I'm betting Ohio State pays big,big money to land a quarterback in the portal.

The Kyle McCord development is amazing to me. It truly indicates how desperate Ohio State is to start beating Michigan again.

I'm betting Ohio State pays big,big money to land a quarterback in the portal.

Their issue ain't QB, it's that Harbaugh is exploiting a Big Ten flaw and relying on the weather to beat Ohio. Ohio is sitting there building their team to compete with Alabama and Michigan is still fighting the battle against the Big Ten and worrying about how to be good in dogshit weather, which is their only hope to beat Ohio. It ain't an accident that Ohio is always competitive in the playoff and Michigan has no idea what it's doing in big time games.

Latest posts