Trash talk or poor sportsmanship?

Thats because this isn't about race. It's about if you believe there's a difference between trash talking and taunting. I'm sure there are some black people and some white people who will blindly back the person who "looks like them". But most people form their own opinions.

Thats because this isn't about race. It's about if you believe there's a difference between trash talking and taunting. I'm sure there are some black people and some white people who will blindly back the person who "looks like them". But most people form their own opinions.
see my post on the first page of this thread and you'll see my opinion on this.

see my post on the first page of this thread and you'll see my opinion on this.
I remember, and I agree completely with your opinion. My post wasn't directed at your opinion (even tho it may have looked like it). I was just adding to your last post about why two black people can have different opinions.

I remember, and I agree completely with your opinion. My post wasn't directed at your opinion (even tho it may have looked like it). I was just adding to your last post about why two black people can have different opinions.
I posted it because i think it's fair, whether i agree or not, to listen to the other side. It's hard to have a conversation w/ someone if you don't listen to what they say. I for one think Sharpe's opinion and making the reaction about race is a prime example of what's gone wrong in this country when it comes to race. If a white girl did the same taunting thing to a black girl the white girl would be vilified for the rest of her life as a racist. Probably would have a hard time even finding a job. If a white girl taunts a white girl in the same manner the taunting would be called out for exactly what it was "classless". Now somehow because it was a black girl taunting a white girl the reaction to it being called "classless" is now somehow about race. Unbelievable but this is the result from years of some media outlets and some of the leadership wanting to make nearly EVERYTHING about race. It's disgusting.

Yeah all these media outlets just say its a race thing and then slap themselves on the back for being so moral and on the right side.

Staley started this shit with her made up comments.

A lot of these talking heads are just saying the politically correct thing because they have to.

Some of them don't even believe the narrative.

Saw that. Bad idea. Media angles would be for all the wrong reasons. And it would set a president for the future where all runner ups would be expected to be invited.

This time Angel would have an actual ring to wave in Caitlin face and don't doubt that she wouldn't.
I read stories about this supposed invitation. The context was that JB was simply saying congrats to Iowa’s team for their efforts and did not invite them to the White House. Much talk about nothing by media.

This is pretty dumb right here:

Iowa is trying to move on, and people keep wanting to drag them back into internet/social media firestorms. LSU won, they get to go to the White House, no need for a runner-up ceremony.
This headline is flat out wrong. There was never an invitation to Iowa. First Lady complimented Iowa on their over all success. ESPeein strikes again.

That is a layup for her...thank them for the invitation, politely decline as she doesn't want to take the spotlight from the national champs, LSU.
Iowa was not invited to the White House. Period. ESPeein headline was false. Big surprise.

I see ESPN interviewed Reece and the taunting was brought up. Of course, right off the bat, the commentator immediately reinforced how unfair the portrayal of her was and backlash. And right on cue, Reece made mention of race and how she is going to be "unapologetically me".

So, I guess taunting players, and being grandiose and nasty to others is ok. Wonder if that would work at my place of work. Think HR would be ok if I said, "Hey, I'm just being unapologetically me."? LOL.

Another angle, Reece is getting her 5 minutes of fame. Clark had most of the spotlight for the Final 4 and Championship game. I think the fan base embraced her. So, Clark was living rent free in the heads of Reece and many others.

It also placed a bit of a target on Clark's back with Caitlyn being Caitlyn with her actions. Although, I do not think the fan base embraced Clark purely on that, but instead on her play.

I see ESPN interviewed Reece and the taunting was brought up. Of course, right off the bat, the commentator immediately reinforced how unfair the portrayal of her was and backlash. And right on cue, Reece made mention of race and how she is going to be "unapologetically me".

So, I guess taunting players, and being grandiose and nasty to others is ok. Wonder if that would work at my place of work. Think HR would be ok if I said, "Hey, I'm just being unapologetically me."? LOL.
its nauseating... of course race angles exist in sports... but not in every case.

look into the BYU alleged scandal and how South Carolina refused to play them because of it.

Another interesting story.

She also commented she is doing this "for all little girls like her." What does that mean? Brash, trash talking Diva types that lack respect for others and the game? It doesn't help that she is very dismissive of the criticism of her antics. No insight to an alternative perspective. Just a big F-U to anyone contrary to her views.

I was also humored when Mulky was asked about it, she completely dismissed Twitter and social media but was confident that LSU and the athletic department would address anything that would embarrass the school or program.

I read stories about this supposed invitation. The context was that JB was simply saying congrats to Iowa’s team for their efforts and did not invite them to the White House. Much talk about nothing by media.
Biden press secretary clarifies White House invitation is just for LSU after player calls it 'A JOKE' | CNN

Jill Biden absolutely said she wanted Joe to also invite iowa to the WH. Of course it wasn't a "formal" invitation as that's for Joe to do however she most definitely did more than simply congratulate iowa as you state.

“So I know we’ll have the champions come to the White House, we always do. So, we hope LSU will come but, you know, I’m going to tell Joe [Biden] I think Iowa should come, too, because they played such a good game.”

Its culture, not race. but nobody wants to hear that.

and yet, lets be honest .... the same behavior by two different people tastes differnt

Biden press secretary clarifies White House invitation is just for LSU after player calls it 'A JOKE' | CNN

Jill Biden absolutely said she wanted Joe to also invite iowa to the WH. Of course it wasn't a "formal" invitation as that's for Joe to do however she most definitely did more than simply congratulate iowa as you state.

“So I know we’ll have the champions come to the White House, we always do. So, we hope LSU will come but, you know, I’m going to tell Joe [Biden] I think Iowa should come, too, because they played such a good game.”
Exactly. She said what she said. In context, it was a compliment to Iowa’s effort. Not an invitation. People need to get a grip and quit creating drama at every turn.

So what does Bluder do if invited? Say no? That'll set off another barrage of frenzied racist talk, Iowa being chicken, Iowa is a red state, on and on.

Let's just hope the invite never happens.
Looks like Jill's press secretary got involved and quickly (and correctly) walked it back.

Iowa and Bluder would have been in an impossible situation if invited and would have taken flak no matter which direction they went.

Exactly. She said what she said. In context, it was a compliment to Iowa’s effort. Not an invitation. People need to get a grip and quit creating drama at every turn.
She flat out said she would ask her husband to extend an invitation to Iowa as well.

That sounded like at least a potential invitation to me. Fortunately the correct thing was done and was properly handled by Caitlin and Coach Bluder.

Pure speculation, how does this elevate the conversation?
Coach Staley's attempts to slant Bluder's comments about barroom mentality rebounding or whatever she said weren't speculation.

The LSU players standing up for their "sisters" at SC and trying to slant a tactical basketball strategy into the disrespect card wasn't speculation.

Angel's comments, and double downs about her "people" and her upbringing weren't speculation.

The player getting cold cocked in the handshake line in the Memphis State NIT game wasn't speculation.

The antics of the two Georgia players (another SEC team) at the end of their second round game at Carver weren't speculation.

All the above events were real. Had Iowa won anything Clark said, or didn't say, would have been construed as disrespect. And who knows what could have happened. It wouldn't have taken much to set rhe LSU players or even coach off.

Don't kid yourself. Google OSU-Minnesota 1972 brawl sometime and read up on the motivation for it. A lot of the elements may have been there again had Iowa won Sunday

Latest posts