More indiscretions tied back to Iowa football program

Yikes... Dude clearly needs some help. Just glad things only escalated to that point and he didn't do anything really bad. He woulda been pretty dang young back when he was in Iowa City then. He's only 36 now. Hope he gets the help he needs and this doesn't have a tragic ending too

Wow, he's definitely having an escalation. Mental illness is interesting and his brother obviously dealt with it as well.

Sadly, DJ has a striking resemblance to Aaron and with being such a polarizing figure along with his transgressions, I'm sure DJ struggled to escape the shadow of his brother. He left Iowa and I think he left football all together and started a roofing business if I remember correctly.

I cannot make excuses for his actions and whether he has a mental illness or was just driven to this behavior by frustration, it's very sad. People can only take so much. They get pushed to their limits and just snap.

If Kirk Ferentz cannot control his former assistant coaches any better than this, then he does not deserve this job. Time to retire the old man and elevate Brian to the HC job so the fans will finally be happy.

Agree with most of this. I don't hear people complaining about Lester Erb serving up stale cheese balls or cold fries at the Culver's he opened, but if I did that would also fall on the Ferentz tree and need to be addressed.

I love how he spelled realize, "realeyes" in his warning note.

This right there should quash anyone thinking athletes go to college for education. UConn has a below 50% acceptance rate and half of applicants have 1430 ACTs.

No one should ever utter the words, "but they're students first!"

This right there should quash anyone thinking athletes go to college for education. UConn has a below 50% acceptance rate and half of applicants have 1430 ACTs.

And he must have not only attended but graduated... I think to be an assistant coach in D1 they have to have a degree. English must not be pushed too hard these days

You really need to invest in a better sarcasm detector. Go with the SarcasmSpotter2000
homer-simpson-doh1.gif

I saw that to and about spit my milk out.