time for change

I'm not questioning anything you said as to what he's done, and totally agree with you that the only thing he hasn't done is had a successful NCAA run. What I'm saying is, do you really see the bar continuing to raise or has he plateaued as a coach. I see a great deal of accomplishments, but at this point unless he has some success and makes a tourney run or wins the conference I'm not sure the bar is going anywhere.
If he wins 2 games this week, I'll argue he's taken another step further to raising the bar. But ya, much other than doing that, not sure there's anything else left for him to accomplish aside of an outright Big Ten conference ship

If he wins 2 games this week, I'll argue he's taken another step further to raising the bar. But ya, much other than doing that, not sure there's anything else left for him to accomplish aside of an outright Big Ten conference ship
I'm right there with you. Would love to see that bar raise, but scared until then he's plateaued.

Plateaued is subjective, especially since most people considered LAST season a rebuild year after losing the best player in school history and another all timer in Joe Wieskamp.

Then they caught lightning in a bottle with Keegan, and they actually seemed like a more complete team last year.

That team lost a top 10 pick and it's best shooter in school history in Jbo.

So THIS year was suppose to be the season Iowa takes a step back and has it's rebuild - and that's good enough for the 8 seed.

Is that plateaued or winning despite circumstances? Either way, I am not sure this is even remotely as high as Fran can take the program.

Plateaued is subjective, especially since most people considered LAST season a rebuild year after losing the best player in school history and another all timer in Joe Wieskamp.

Then they caught lightning in a bottle with Keegan, and they actually seemed like a more complete team last year.

That team lost a top 10 pick and it's best shooter in school history in Jbo.

So THIS year was suppose to be the season Iowa takes a step back and has it's rebuild - and that's good enough for the 8 seed.

Is that plateaued or winning despite circumstances? Either way, I am not sure this is even remotely as high as Fran can take the program.
Frans record at Iowa averages 19-13 overall and 10.5 -9.5 conference.

Frans record at Iowa averages 19-13 overall and 10.5 -9.5 conference.
yeah, pretty average type of season for Fran... just hard to call say his program has plateau in the middle of one of the best 5 year stretches in school history. We'd have to go back to Lute for the last coach that had his program winning at this level for this long of a stretch.

There you go again with facts. Ain't nobody got time for facts on HN.

Watch out for that incoming horse at full gallop carrying @HaydenHawk56 in his Mr. Tom white knight outfit.
white-knight.gif

1678725867917.png

I'm sure there was. And when the university not only declared Thompson ineligible but did it right before they were supposed to leave for the tournament site, Davis was PISSED.

Hayden had the ultimate last word. Rawlings continued to double and triple down on his stance, even interrupting coaches press conferences. When finally asked for his opinion, Fry declared that he'd like to redshirt his president.
In fairness to Rawlings, Davis had made a promise to Thompson's mom that if he didn't meet certain academic goals, that he would not be allowed to play in the post-season. By report, he didn't.

Either way, that was a serious gut-punch. With him, I still maintain that we would have been a legitimate title contender. That may have been the most talented squad we have had since 1980.

In fairness to Rawlings, Davis had made a promise to Thompson's mom that if he didn't meet certain academic goals, that he would not be allowed to play in the post-season. By report, he didn't.

Either way, that was a serious gut-punch. With him, I still maintain that we would have been a legitimate title contender. That may have been the most talented squad we have had since 1980.
If Matt Bullard, Michael Ingram, and Rodell Davis are healthy, that is more talented than the '87 team. 1989 when healthy had way more size inside. They had so much size Davis had no qualms redshirting Acie Earl

Fran has never been a good in game coach. He often gets out coached during a game. That being said he has the program going good and in the right direction. I think many of us has thought the last two off seasons that we were going to take a step back and to a point this year we have. But even though this hasn’t been as successful as last year if a down season is just missing second place in the BIG and an 8 seed in the big dance I think Hawk fans should be happy with that. Yes I want better. I think Fran is capable with a little luck. A new coach is more likely to be a step back instead of a step forward.

Yes we run the risk of the disastrous Lickliter area. But Fran has taken Iowa as far as he can. Just like Kirk, Iowa needs young head coaches
Didn't we learn our lesson with Mr. Davis? I was one of us that said he'd taken us as far as he could and we needed new blood to take us to the next level. Getting rid of him cost the program 10 years while trying to find that guy.

Fran has never been a good in game coach. He often gets out coached during a game. That being said he has the program going good and in the right direction. I think many of us has thought the last two off seasons that we were going to take a step back and to a point this year we have. But even though this hasn’t been as successful as last year if a down season is just missing second place in the BIG and an 8 seed in the big dance I think Hawk fans should be happy with that. Yes I want better. I think Fran is capable with a little luck. A new coach is more likely to be a step back instead of a step forward.
Explain how you measure coaches’ performances against each other. Thanks.

Latest posts