time for change

There are currently 358 Div-1 BB teams
65 make the Dance

Several (1/3 (?)) because of a conference tournament

That's 18.15% total including auto bids.

The numbers speak for themselves.

I'm not quite sure where Hawks are at. Each side has good data to back up we're watching "just as good as it's ever been" and / or an underachieving "as good as it gets".

You really have to applaud all the accolades you site - particularly the numerous "national caliber talent" type stuff - but that is EXACTLY why I have the inkling toward perpetual underachievemnt. I mean, with so much to work with - more than many teams and, certainly, more than adequate to be successful - how in the world has Iowa NOT made a Sweet-16? How in the world has Iowa NOT been in that perennial top 4 / 5 B14 finishers (like Wisconsin's run)? How in the world has Iowa managed to suffer SO MANY bad uspets and consistently suffer SO MUCH inconsistency when the "lights" are on and it's just up to them to play as they're capable and take care of YOUR business?

These are the truly inexplicable questions I have in every single season because the results just seem so incompatible with your data.

I have learned to Enjoy the regular season

Hope for a solid BTT

And now I hope to win the first game in The Dance

32 teams go home after the first round, tired of it being The Hawks

16 more teams go home after the first weekend

48 teams are Done after the first weekend

64 in
48 Out

Kinda like Thunderdome

YARN | Welcome to another edition of Thunderdome! | Mad Max Beyond  Thunderdome (1985) | Video clips by quotes | 6314878f | 紗

This season we have the Hawks and Caitlin Clark and the women's team

Last edited:
I wonder what the pulse of this board is?

Let's say Fran decided to bolt to Notre Dame after this tournament. Say, they go nowhere in this tournament.

Are you:

A. Devastated
B. Relived/at peace

I think this reaction would be different if it was a Sweet 16 or better for sure. No question.

My vote would be B.
Devastated until we see that Iowa has signed a high quality coach with experience, a great track record, a “players’ coach, a great recruiter, and an “Iowa” personality who never cheats. Well, Hayden, who is that?

I’m excited for Iowa hoops, we’re on a great stretch and Fran keeps raising the bar. I’m excited for the future signs, I’d hate to lose any of them. Let’s see where it goes? Iowa has nothing to lose locking down Fran at this point. He’s much more likely to get extended or leave for a better job then fired, the OP is a dingus, that is all.

You missed a great year in 87-88
Loved that year, especially the Maui Classic. We beat eventual national champion Kansas in the semi final and eventual elite eight Villanova in the Championship by about twenty points each. Ran up against UNLV in the NCAA'S again and ran the running rebs out of the gym. BJ showed that year he was not just a great point guard, but that he could shoot as well.

The Bulls, building a monster around Jordan, were taking notes.

I wonder what the pulse of this board is?

Let's say Fran decided to bolt to Notre Dame after this tournament. Say, they go nowhere in this tournament.

Are you:

A. Devastated
B. Relived/at peace

I think this reaction would be different if it was a Sweet 16 or better for sure. No question.

My vote would be B.
Can you show me the link to where ND offered Fran? Serious question.

Can you show me the link to where ND offered Fran? Serious question.
This. The only place that I've seen or heard the Fran to ND rumors are on this board. No credible news source is reporting this. I realize that doesn't mean it won't happen but usually there is more out there than internet rumors when a coach is leaving.

This. The only place that I've seen or heard the Fran to ND rumors are on this board. No credible news source is reporting this. I realize that doesn't mean it won't happen but usually there is more out there than internet rumors when a coach is leaving.
It has been speculated on other Iowa boards, twitter, and podcasts. Again, all speculation....I don't think it will happen.

Latest posts