Rob Sand Wants Barta Out

Huh? No change till $$$$ stops coming... Not in near future. Trojans and Bruins have a Advertising base of 16 million people. Got Ecoast already. Now!!! Dance here. BTT only $$$. Coaches "task" Be 100% ON! for Dance.. And toughtest D for year. And 50/50 balls for Hawks only.... Hawk Players waay tough.
Rutabaga!!! EVent for what TOUGH eveR ask To the inform OF Every ASk when Sunglasses For riGHT a Quick roughly STAFF< NO??? Hawk TOUghs fi tour of Old days, weather OF for To get Little SIDe TOUGh!!!?! No?? Potatoes IS this Forwhen Home To ROOST HAwK tough!!>

You just ducked yourself. KF is the problem but it's OK. That is the problem in reality. No different than anyone else really. No one wants to stick out. If there is a problem it shouldn't be OK.
I am not ducking shit. The point I have been making throughout this thread is that people are oddly demanding that Gary Barta should be fired because of this lawsuit/settlement when Barta has almost nothing to do with what caused this lawsuit to be filed in the first place. I have called out that BS. I do not believe Barta should be fired for this issue. If you want to have a transparent analysis of whether Gary Barta has done more good or harm in his position and whether he deserves to keep his job, so be it. But, don't fabricate a pretext to fire him based upon KF's alleged conduct that Barta had nothing to do with.

I have also stated that while I believe that KF has flaws and I wished he had done some things differently, and I wished he might consider doing some things differently moving forward, I understand that he is who he is. I believe that he has done far more good than bad as Iowa's HC. I believe that he has evolved (slowly) on racial and general treatment of today's athlete, and the current state of the program is strong, but certainly not perfect. I believe that things could be FAR worse both in terms of the integrity of the program and wins and losses. So, while KF has warts, I continue to support him as the HC. I don't need to scapegoat someone else to calm my soul as to that position.

I didn't initially think Gare Bear would get canned over this but I'm raising my maybe factor to like 30% now. This will be interesting. I hope the football donors pick a goo incoming AD.

Also, didn't Barb Wilson shit can the AD at Illinois while she was there?

I am not ducking shit. The point I have been making throughout this thread is that people are oddly demanding that Gary Barta should be fired because of this lawsuit/settlement when Barta has almost nothing to do with what caused this lawsuit to be filed in the first place.
And you are ducking by ignoring the litany of other settlements and lawsuits that have happened under his management, none of which had anything to do with football.

I don't believe anyone here or even in the media is suggesting this lawsuit is the only reason he should get fired. There's a straw that breaks every camel's back and this one happens to be it, exacerbated by him asking taxpayers to foot part of the bill.

The Griesbaum thing was even more damaging (to the U, not the victims), and that one was 100% his fault. But for all your calling out people about Kirk Ferentz, you're ignoring 75% of the context.

These lawsuits suck and the settlement in no way should include taxpayers. I also believe Gary has navigated difficult waters quite well over his whole career.,(albeit Ill never forgive him for scheduling NDSU) If anything I hope his health isnt affected by all the BS. He will likely go whenever he is ready and wont be here forever for all the detractors. Time to move on to other more interesting things. I look at the program and I have a ranked baseball team..football team..wrestling team...and a basketball team on occasion that plays like a ranked team
Im happy.

And you are ducking by ignoring the litany of other settlements and lawsuits that have happened under his management, none of which had anything to do with football.

I don't believe anyone here or even in the media is suggesting this lawsuit is the only reason he should get fired. There's a straw that breaks every camel's back and this one happens to be it, exacerbated by him asking taxpayers to foot part of the bill.

The Griesbaum thing was even more damaging (to the U, not the victims), and that one was 100% his fault. But for all your calling out people about Kirk Ferentz, you're ignoring 75% of the context.
Speaking for myself I totally have the same mindset about Barta. This most recent fiasco isn't the reason Barta should be gone. It's that it's the 4th one.. Any other ADs have multiple such lawsuits filed against them for 10 plus million and get to keep their jobs? This is a liberal school that makes no bones about that and yet are ok with keeping on a guy who's had to confront race and gender lawsuits? The powers that be and the student body as a whole should have their pitchforks out if they have an ounce of self awareness.

I would suggest you have not read my posts fully, but I suspect you have and you just don't like the inconvenient truth to them.

How do you call this "straw that breaks the camels back" when this is the one straw that Barta had absolutely nothing to do with????? He is not alleged to have engaged in any of the discriminatory conduct. That is all on KF and his staff. He also, apparently, had nothing to do with brokering the settlement terms and payments. So, what did Barta do wrong with respect to this lawsuit?

More importantly, how do you use this lawsuit as the impetus for firing Barta (combined with all the other lawsuits and wrongs Barta has done (which, BTW, I have not ignored in my posts)), but then not fire the guy who engaged in the alleged discriminatory conduct that caused the suit to be filed in the first place??? I have yet to see anyone riddle me an answer to that.

As it relates to the fallout of this lawsuit settlement, which is what we are all talking about, you either clean house or you don't. Fry, as you have said many times, KF and Barta are joined at the hip. Start over or don't. But, firing just Barta right now in reaction to this settlement does not make sense.

These lawsuits suck and the settlement in no way should include taxpayers. I also believe Gary has navigated difficult waters quite well over his whole career.,(albeit Ill never forgive him for scheduling NDSU) If anything I hope his health isnt affected by all the BS. He will likely go whenever he is ready and wont be here forever for all the detractors. Time to move on to other more interesting things. I look at the program and I have a ranked baseball team..football team..wrestling team...and a basketball team on occasion that plays like a ranked team
Im happy.
I bet you're in the majority. That's what the powers that be want us all to do. It's certainly what the president Wilson and Barta want. That's your prerogative to do so. For those that care about how the sausage is made and how things are ran many just think there's more to it. Factor in the public tax $ being paid out and lots of folks shouldn't take kindly to that... But if you don't care you don't care

I would suggest you have not read my posts fully, but I suspect you have and you just don't like the inconvenient truth to them.

How do you call this "straw that breaks the camels back" when this is the one straw that Barta had absolutely nothing to do with????? He is not alleged to have engaged in any of the discriminatory conduct. That is all on KF and his staff. He also, apparently, had nothing to do with brokering the settlement terms and payments. So, what did Barta do wrong with respect to this lawsuit?

More importantly, how do you use this lawsuit as the impetus for firing Barta (combined with all the other lawsuits and wrongs Barta has done (which, BTW, I have not ignored in my posts)), but then not fire the guy who engaged in the alleged discriminatory conduct that caused the suit to be filed in the first place??? I have yet to see anyone riddle me an answer to that.

As it relates to the fallout of this lawsuit settlement, which is what we are all talking about, you either clean house or you don't. Fry, as you have said many times, KF and Barta are joined at the hip. Start over or don't. But, firing just Barta right now in reaction to this settlement does not make sense.
He's the head of the department... He's who's kept KF hired and allowed him the platform to do what all he's done. That's how the cookie crumbles when it comes to responsibility. Rightly or wrongly that falls in Bartas lap too.

To add on Barta had at least one sit down meeting with Daniels prior to all this and for all intents and purposes did nothing then. He can't be said to have been in the dark on it all.

Rutabaga!!! EVent for what TOUGH eveR ask To the inform OF Every ASk when Sunglasses For riGHT a Quick roughly STAFF< NO??? Hawk TOUghs fi tour of Old days, weather OF for To get Little SIDe TOUGh!!!?! No?? Potatoes IS this Forwhen Home To ROOST HAwK tough!!>
Lol

I bet you're in the majority. That's what the powers that be want us all to do. It's certainly what the president Wilson and Barta want. That's your prerogative to do so. For those that care about how the sausage is made and how things are ran many just think there's more to it. Factor in the public tax $ being paid out and lots of folks shouldn't take kindly to that... But if you don't care you don't care
This doesn't really impact my life much...not really at all, but...

I can't get past this very well about Barta or KF. Why? I have spent a good part of my career in industries (I've always kept myself diversified) (RE, Finance, and University Education) that require extensive diversity and discrimination training. Legal supervisors are required to make sure the training is done and compliance is met. Barta for sure has no excuse. Barta's boss has no excuse. KF's only excuse would be that he wasn't informed, but that isn't very likely based minimally on campus-wide emails about compliance and training. Even if by some weird alignment of the stars he wasn't informed, a lot of it comes down to basic human decency and common sense regardless of what generation or environment someone came from.

Barta has too big of a track record, especially the case with the female coach. Make a mistake once, OK...maybe Make a mistake several times.... not OK. You had the chance to get your act together.

Whether or not the football issues are real or not (likely somewhere in the middle but would be more towards the players' perceptions if I had to), the eye test doesn't seem right.

I go back to Brad Banks (who wasn't a part of this). BB was arguably the best QB for results from the position in the history of KF. We've heard the reasons he didn't start his junior year. OK, maybe the reasons are real. But why did KF never return to the formula ever again? Why?

I'm not in the camp of blame it all on KF, nor blame it all on Barta. The higher ups have culpability as well.

Maybe it's time to clean house. There will be negative reprocussions for the team. But one thing i've learned, don't ever underestimate KF on the field.

Im happy.
Mad at barta because kf actually played somebody for once and got beat? You are kidding me…right? It’s this loser mentality that drives me insane from fellow Iowa fans. Playing North Dakota St wasn’t the issue. Getting your ass handed to you was. It highlights where you really are as a program instead of playing no one (including in conference most years), but pretending.

Barta should have been gone long ago, but it’s a collection of things. The coddling of both Ferentz and mccaffery. Former with rampant nepotism, over the top stubbornness & feeling he invented Iowa football. Lollipop schedules annually & complete lack of desire or ability to recruit talented skill players on offense.

Mccaffery & his sideline demeanor is a tiresome act. If his teams won like Izzo or coach k, etc, it wouldn’t be as big a deal, but for a middling coach, it is. The way the in state scheduling was handled to complete lack of adjustments on defense the entire time he’s been here.

All is in barta. Period.

Well old hawk I completely disagree. I was born and lived in the great quanset huts of the day. I have seen awful Iowa athletics with many rotten coaches in many sports come through my university. At this moment in time I will take top programs in all 5 of the men sports I follow. The fact that both the Track and Field and Baseball programs are competing at a national level just has not happened before Barta and the 5 programs all at this level.......never. Say what you will about personalities, whatever, the performance has been on the field.

Well old hawk I completely disagree. I was born and lived in the great quanset huts of the day. I have seen awful Iowa athletics with many rotten coaches in many sports come through my university. At this moment in time I will take top programs in all 5 of the men sports I follow. The fact that both the Track and Field and Baseball programs are competing at a national level just has not happened before Barta and the 5 programs all at this level.......never. Say what you will about personalities, whatever, the performance has been on the field.
My Quonset hut had a couple of rats in it.

I didn't initially think Gare Bear would get canned over this but I'm raising my maybe factor to like 30% now. This will be interesting. I hope the football donors pick a goo incoming AD.

Also, didn't Barb Wilson shit can the AD at Illinois while she was there?

Ooof, without looking I think she did. Ron Guenther. The man who oversaw Illinois falling from a perennial basketball power and very respectable football program into pure oblivion. Back when I lived in the People's Republik of Illinois I recall his pension getting mentioned in the fishwrap. I want to say the guy got $500k a year for life. Good work if you can get it. On second thought I kind of like Barta.

He's the head of the department... He's who's kept KF hired and allowed him the platform to do what all he's done. That's how the cookie crumbles when it comes to responsibility. Rightly or wrongly that falls in Bartas lap too.

To add on Barta had at least one sit down meeting with Daniels prior to all this and for all intents and purposes did nothing then. He can't be said to have been in the dark on it all.
Ok. Fine. Then if you are going to fire the executive because one of his direct reports acted in an inappropriate manner, you have to fire the direct report too. That's the way it works.

If my paralegal steals money from a client and my partners expel me because I failed to properly supervise my employee and prevent this bad act from happening, do you think they would keep the damn paralegal on as an employee????

Ok. Fine. Then if you are going to fire the executive because one of his direct reports acted in an inappropriate manner, you have to fire the direct report too. That's the way it works.

If my paralegal steals money from a client and my partners expel me because I failed to properly supervise my employee and prevent this bad act from happening, do you think they would keep the damn paralegal on as an employee????
I'm not making an argument against that at all. If that's how they want to play it have at it with KF too and clean house. It'd be a sad ending but the bed has been made. That said I don't think that'd happen even if Barta gets pushed out which it doesn't look like is going to happen. This President telling the media to fly a kite kinda tells us all we need to know about how this is going to play out.

I'm probably going to ruffle some feathers, but I do not think KF is as guilty of this racial bias crap. Call me a KF apologist. I think moreover KF might be guilty of being more set in his ways. Staunch in his football theory, and how he runs a program.

While society changed and times have changed, KF stayed stuck in the 70's and 80's with not only his football philosophy but his way he was coached and how he coaches now (or did).

We all probably can agree that "you can't speak or say certain things (or joke) we used to. It can be perceived as insensitive or even biased or racial. The woke and snowflake agenda has taken over along with the cancel culture.

I know growing up in Iowa having coaches who would undress you with a verbal tirade or grab you by the facemask and get in your face. That doesn't fly anymore. Is it right or wrong? Me, personally, I think it made me better. I would not say it was abuse or whatever.

KF has acknowledged that he needs to be better and I think in some ways has admitted that he needs to change in some ways. He has to. Everyone has had to adjust. I think KF was slow to this because he is held in such high regard and with success and etc, nobody would challenge his methods.

I guarantee other programs had rules about appearance, conduct, and etc. The only difference was KF was slow to change and essentially got caught in the woke tidal wave. He was too late to change and this happened.

But racist, sorry, I just cannot buy into that. You hear so many ex players of all race speak well of KF making them into the men they are. 14....14 players out of 1000's of players over his tenure say otherwise.

The Bo Schembechler's, Lou Holtz's, and Kirk Ferentz's of the college football world became somewhat obsolete with their methods. Heck, could Hayden survive in today's world? Just my two cents.
It's hard to address this without kicking it to the anything...almost goes. But I pretty much disagree, especially this part... you hear so many ex players of all race speak well of KF making them into the men they are. 14....14 players out of 1000's of players over his tenure say otherwise.

That is just wrong on so many levels. My feathers aren't ruffled, but it's just wrong.

Ooof, without looking I think she did. Ron Guenther. The man who oversaw Illinois falling from a perennial basketball power and very respectable football program into pure oblivion. Back when I lived in the People's Republik of Illinois I recall his pension getting mentioned in the fishwrap. I want to say the guy got $500k a year for life. Good work if you can get it. On second thought I kind of like Barta.
The fans of Illinois don't blame Ron Guenther. They blame Tom Davis and his sidekick. One of which is pretty....greasy. The story line here is that Davis told Pearle to get Dion or leave before being asked to leave.

Truth is likely somewhere between IC and Urbana. We know what the situation in Champaign was as far as ethics. I doubt it's all made up though given the other side of the equation....BP

She was interim president in 2015 and she fired the AD named Mike Thomas. I think that was following the Tim Beckman player mistreatment scandal.