Ohio State WR Michael Kelso commits to Iowa

Not a disgrace to play behind the 5 star scolly players as a preferred walk-on. Hell, he might become our best receiver. Grad transfer.

I know nothing about him, but don't count him out just because his stats or lack thereof. Charlie Jones had 18 receptions for Buffalo before coming to Iowa.

I know nothing about him, but don't count him out just because his stats or lack thereof. Charlie Jones had 18 receptions for Buffalo before coming to Iowa.
Different position, but Joe Burrow got tossed out of Ohio and went on to win the Heisman, win the natty and get drafted number 1. This guy prolly ain't that good, I'm thinking more like 4th in Heisman voting and probably drafted about 20th.

I'd rather roll the dice with a true freshman walkon from Harlan or Muscatine than take some bust from OSU who only played in 18 plays, wouldn't you?
Umm, the kid is a preferred walk-on. What risk is there taking him on and seeing if he thrives in a different environment?

Umm, the kid is a preferred walk-on. What risk is there taking him on and seeing if he thrives in a different environment?
Nothing wrong with it. It just feels like more of the same. To play in the Big you have to be really good even on a mediocre team. Maybe he's pretty good. Maybe he's another non Big WR at Iowa.

If he can run his routes and hold onto the ball when his number's called, that's all you can ask for right now. No one's expecting much more than that with Iowa's rep with the passing game.

If I'm the WR coach, I'd be discouraged. I might be terminated or leaving as soon as national signing day is done.

I'd rather roll the dice with a true freshman walkon from Harlan or Muscatine than take some bust from OSU who only played in 18 plays, wouldn't you?
Absolutely, but not Harlan, as a proud former Muskie, only someone from Methscatine, excuse me, Muscatine...will get the job done