Bears have the #1 pick....

Hawkfnntn

What'll they do with it? They have their QB. I can't think of a player worth taking that high so is there going to be a trade market for them? Seems like an interesting year and situation they find themselves in. I can tell you what they should do if they trade back very far and or who to take with their first pick in the 2nd round and that's Captain Jack. They traded Smith away and have a hole at that position now and they wouldn't have to worry about Jack being a selfish headcase that he turned out to be. I'm a 49ers fan but I could see that being a great fit for the guy.

What'll they do with it? They have their QB. I can't think of a player worth taking that high so is there going to be a trade market for them? Seems like an interesting year and situation they find themselves in. I can tell you what they should do if they trade back very far and or who to take with their first pick in the 2nd round and that's Captain Jack. They traded Smith away and have a hole at that position now and they wouldn't have to worry about Jack being a selfish headcase that he turned out to be. I'm a 49ers fan but I could see that being a great fit for the guy.
They no longer have that second round pick. They traded it to the Steelers, who said thank you very much, for Chase Claypool.

If they want to trade the overall top pick they should be able to get a king's ransom for it.

The Bears' current QB is not the answer. Good NFL starting QBs are like gold, and can't afford to be taking off and running every 4th pass play, because that will result in them missing about 4 games per season, which a typical elite team cannot afford. I'd grab the Georgia QB with the #1 pick and not look back. Dude is the real deal, and he doesn't have to rely on his legs, which ideally is what you want in the League.

The Bears' current QB is not the answer. Good NFL starting QBs are like gold, and can't afford to be taking off and running every 4th pass play, because that will result in them missing about 4 games per season, which a typical elite team cannot afford. I'd grab the Georgia QB with the #1 pick and not look back. Dude is the real deal, and he doesn't have to rely on his legs, which ideally is what you want in the League.
Bennett is rated by most scouts as a late day 3 pick or undrafted free agent. I'll be the first to call BS on that, but being 26 and not having an elite arm or mobility are 2 things they say are hurting him.

Bennett is rated by most scouts as a late day 3 pick or undrafted free agent. I'll be the first to call BS on that, but being 26 and not having an elite arm or mobility are 2 things they say are hurting him.
Wow. That blows my mind. It's amazing the NFL still relies on arm strength as a significant measure, after Unitas, Montana, Brees, Rodgers, Brady have shown you don't have to have above-average arm strength to be one of the greats. Accuracy is FAR more important. If you look at the variety of throws Bennett made last night in one game -- including putting a 45 yder on a dime -- would have to think that might help his draft stock. My goodness, how could it NOT?

Wow. That blows my mind. It's amazing the NFL still relies on arm strength as a significant measure, after Unitas, Montana, Brees, Rodgers, Brady have shown you don't have to have above-average arm strength to be one of the greats. Accuracy is FAR more important. If you look at the variety of throws Bennett made last night in one game -- including putting a 45 yder on a dime -- would have to think that might help his draft stock. My goodness, how could it NOT?
Sounds like you're comparing Joe Montana and Ryan Leaf.

After looking at it, he's "listed" at 5'11" (but is someone listed at 5'11" really that?). I had no idea he was that short. If a kid can play, he can play. I hate to bring up his name, but on the surface, he's not much different than Brock Purdy. I guess we'll find out.

Latest posts