Howe: Wishing Kadyn Proctor Well

I wish Kadyn Proctor well and I hope this works out well for him and his family. What I wish for Nick Sabin is he not surround the young man with some of the criminal element that seems to follow Nick around. I'm not going to dig around and find the links to the past exploits of some of his past recruits. Many who read this may be unaware of some of the characters he recruited to Michigan State and Alabama. Nick Sabin is for Nick Sabin. Is he the greatest coach ever? At the professional level he failed. At the college level he is the best at putting talented players all over the field. Never mind all the antics, reported and unreported.

I wish Kadyn Proctor well and I hope this works out well for him and his family. What I wish for Nick Sabin is he not surround the young man with some of the criminal element that seems to follow Nick around. I'm not going to dig around and find the links to the past exploits of some of his past recruits. Many who read this may be unaware of some of the characters he recruited to Michigan State and Alabama. Nick Sabin is for Nick Sabin. Is he the greatest coach ever? At the professional level he failed. At the college level he is the best at putting talented players all over the field. Never mind all the antics, reported and unreported.

I think you're confusing Nick Saban with Kurt Ferentz. Nick Saban didn't have his guys running City Boyz Inc. Kurt Ferentz did. Nick Saban didn't recruit Kyle "Bonecrusher" Williams. Kurt Ferentz did. Nick Saban didn't bring in a guy who ran a drug house. Kurt Ferentz did. Nick Saban's son didn't live in Section 8 housing and then get hired to run the second worst offense in football for about a million bucks per year. Kurt Ferentz's did.

Kurt's shit is just as stinky, if not stinkier, than Nick's. The difference is that Nick can recruit nationally, but Kurt recruits a bunch of kids from less urban areas in Iowa and western Illinois.

I think you're confusing Nick Saban with Kurt Ferentz. Nick Saban didn't have his guys running City Boyz Inc. Kurt Ferentz did. Nick Saban didn't recruit Kyle "Bonecrusher" Williams. Kurt Ferentz did. Nick Saban didn't bring in a guy who ran a drug house. Kurt Ferentz did. Nick Saban's son didn't live in Section 8 housing and then get hired to run the second worst offense in football for about a million bucks per year. Kurt Ferentz's did.

Kurt's shit is just as stinky, if not stinkier, than Nick's. The difference is that Nick can recruit nationally, but Kurt recruits a bunch of kids from less urban areas in Iowa and western Illinois.
Glad you clarified that.

Don't let the door hit him in the ass...or the millions of dollars.

Here is the thing.....it is ultimately his decision and he has to do what is best for him and his family. That said, he verbally committed to Iowa and then left them at the alter. He also has to live with that and Iowa fans won't forget it.

Ultimately, we want people here that want to be here....and at the end of the day he did not come here. Good luck to him, good for him, but shame on him all at the same time.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, I wonder how far this will drop Iowa's '23 recruiting class. If I remember, WITH him it was in the low 20s.

Meh… I don’t interact with recruits but I don’t give a shit if people are going after the family. His mom didn’t want him at Iowa.

I’m all for NIL and freedom to go where you want. But at the same time he and his mom did Iowa dirty so I don’t wish him success. When he decided he was done with the Hawks it would’ve taken 30 seconds to announce he was opening his recruitment.

I don’t like wish him to get hurt or anything like that, but he’s a Sabanite now and I got no love for those dudes.

Bottom line is he did what was in his self-interest. Happens all the time. Welcome to America. Welcome to the world really.

As far as wishing him well??? Uhmm... errr... nnnnah. Just can't do that. He knows Iowa is in need of help in the trenches, and he knows the Iowa staff trusted him and undoubtedly backed off of plenty of qualified recruits given the fact that he was "committed". He gave his word to the staff and then he screwed them over; reasons be damned. By screwing over the Iowa football program, he's also screwed over the fans - of which I am one. I don't typically give my well-wishes to someone who has just in some way screwed me over.

Do I wish him well? No.
Do I wish him ill? No.
I wish him nothing.

This sucks. It puts the Iowa coaching staff in scramble mode now. Probably looking at another patchwork o-line.

Easy to understand chasing the money - can't blame anyone.

But in my heart... did us and the state of Iowa dirty...

The weather is nice I'm sure... but good luck down in the poverty shit hole of America.

I could give a F about what happens to kadyn proctor now for the rest of my life.

I don't know the guy so I don't wish him well just cuz he is from Iowa. I don't wish him ill. I do hate Bama and Sabin and he is now part of that shit. If he declared for Iowa just to not deal with Iowa fans and get to be treated like a hometown hero than jump ship for more money, well that doesn't make me a fan either. It's like the Charlie Jones thing last year, don't blame them for their choices, just don't appreciate their timing. He could have opened his commitment at any time, why wait to the last day? No sir, I am not a fan.

Yep, bailing on the program one day before signing was a BS move by Proctor and his family. I get it, it happens, but fans have the right to be pissed and not congratulate him on his journey to Bama. I'm also not going to @ the dude on Twitter.

Latest posts