PSU 45, MN 17 at PSU
MN 31, RU 0 at MN
tOSU 21, NU 7 at NW
MSU 23, IL 15 at IL
UW 23, UMD 10 at UW
Mich beat Neb at Mich
Mich beat ILL at Mich
Purdue beat Ind at Ind

East leads 13-8 with only the Big Ten Conference game left.

Here are all of the inter-divisonal games this year:

PSU 35, PU 31 at PU
IU 23, IL 20 at IU
tOSU 52, UW 21 at tOSU
MN 34, MSU 7 at MSU
IA 27, RU 10 at RU
Mich 27, IA 14 at IA
UNL 35, IU 21 at UNL
PSU 17, NW 7 at PSU
UNL 14, RU 13 at RU
PU 31, UMD 29 at UMD
MSU 34, UW 28 at MSU
tOSU 54, Iowa 10 at tOSU
UMD 31, NW 24 at UMD
PSU 45, MN 17 at PSU
MN 31, RU 0 at MN
tOSU 21, NU 7 at NW
MSU 23, IL 15 at IL
UW 23, UMD 10 at UW
Mich beat Neb at Mich
Mich beat ILL at Mich
Purdue beat Ind at Ind

East leads 13-8 with only the Big Ten Conference game left.
Thanks. I was too lazy to do the work. The East had a bigger margin than the norm this year. I posted earlier that over the years of East and West divisions, the East averaged only a one win margin annually. But, as we all know, the East has dominated the championship game. Well, sort of. Ohio State has dominated the Championship game.

Yes, this was no doubt the worst year ever for the Big Ten West. The only year that comes close is 2017. Othewise every other year the cross-division records have been pretty close with the Big Ten CCG always being the deciding factor, which the East always wins. Yes, over half the time OSU is the winner of the CCG, but MSU, PSU and Mich have also won.

This year is the first year ever that a division winner has had 3 losses. Last year the West had 4 teams with 3 or fewer losses. This year it only had one. If there was ever a good argument the Big Ten should just scrap divisions, 2022 is the poster child why. There is just no way to sugar coat it. The West was just awful this year.

Doesn’t really matter with California schools coming in. Two divisions could absolutely be constructed at that point, even retention of the East/West. I still like that model rather than a wide open regular season where variability of the schedule could be a disaster.

Doesn’t really matter with California schools coming in. Two divisions could absolutely be constructed at that point, even retention of the East/West. I still like that model rather than a wide open regular season where variability of the schedule could be a disaster.

The problem as the conference is currently constructed is they got weird with the crossover games because of the necessity to protect the Purdue-Indiana game. We had to play Penn State 6 years in a row under that construct. Nebraska had to play Ohio State 6 years in a row. Nebraska and Iowa should get some sort of going forward reprieve to make up for that bullshit.

Me too and no matter how you divide the conference only 1 division can have Ohio State so it's always going to be unbalanced and whichever division you put Ohio State in you pretty much have to put Michigan with them so they play every year. Unless they go back to that stupid protected rival again (ours was Purdue!).

I am actually amazed there is any desire to retain the East-west division structure after USC and UCLA join. I would much prefer the Big Ten scrap it's divisions in 2024 and go to a schedule where you play 3 protected rivals every year and play the other 12 schools once every 2 years. This would guaruntee that Iowa would play Mich, MichSt, OhioSt, PSU, NW, ILL, Ind, Pur, USC and UCLA once every 2 years. That means 1 west coast trip to LA every 2 years. Then just have the top 2 teams in the conference go to the CCG.

If you have 2 separate 8 team divisions, Iowa would only see Mich, MSU, OSU, PSU, Ind, Purdue one time every 4 years. Which means they would only come to Iowa City one time every 8 years. That's just not enough. On the other hand you get 1 west coast trip to LA every year.

Latest posts