Pick the Starting QB for next season

longtimer

Padilla Probably at Eastern Illinois or UNI
Labbas He must be really bad if he didn't see the field this year
Carsen May 6'5 Sounds like the prototype Iowa QB
Lainez coming in next year How could he possibly learn such a complicated sophisticated system

Portal???

They need a bridge quarterback. Someone who will take you from Petras/Padilla and get you to your next long term starter.

Paxton DeLaurent
Cade McNamara

Are the 2 guys rumored to be that bridge.

Nobody in our QB room right now. Nobody. 2 Frosh coming in, long, long shot. Michigan did Rudock and survived. Portal needs to be aggressively investigated.

Lainez coming in next year How could he possibly learn such a complicated sophisticated system

Portal???
If the line doesn't block better, it's a moot point

Last edited:
It is a crime if we don't get a transfer, Sims would be equivalent to what I already suggested last offseason in Martinez. This staff needs to understand that football has changed and free agency is a must cause if you aren't getting transfers to address issues others are.

I would not tend to prefer a 1 yr stopgap option, but things are bad right now has to be looked into. And a couple O linemen as well.

Portal???
I thought Padilla had his eyes on med school?

I would not tend to prefer a 1 yr stopgap option, but things are bad right now has to be looked into. And a couple O linemen as well.

And a receiver. Watching Nebraska just man up on guys and dare Iowa to throw the ball beyond the sticks was frustrating to watch. All this empty field and you can't take advantage of it.

Wouldn't that be something if the freshman Lainez came in and took the bull by the horns? Physically it sounds like he could. But can he memorize all the nuances of checking to a run to the right or run to the left plays Iowa has in an off season?

Ok so imagine if Iowa were to bring in a QB from the portal. Someone anyone with a name that it required NIL to be involved to talk them into coming. Then come summer camp Lainez beats em out. Man that'd be an interesting scenario to see play out. (No I wouldn't bet on it haha)

Last edited:

Portal???
I'll be surprised if Padilla sticks around
Labbas I'm assuming isn't all that great or why the heck hasn't he gotten a shot already?
May I mean crazier things have happened.
Lainez sounds like the most physically able to make plays with both legs and arm of them all but heck if I know

Portal I can only go off the past and say we don't even usually look to the portal for QBs so till they do it I'll rule this out. (hope they prove me wrong)

Some freshman pud we pull out of an 8 man league.

"Dolph, going into this season ol' ball Coach took a lot of heat about finding a mobile quarterback. We've got mobility in spades this year, as this freshman led Lenox pretty deep into the state playoffs as a senior last year. A lot of the high school coaches I spoke with said he's the best traditional option quarterback they've seen since the '90's."

Latest posts