The data is in - Petras is an all-time Hawkeye great

What a terrible end to Spencer's career. I fear this game will expose just how important Spencer is to this team.

I said it after the bowl game loss to KY last season..."neither of the guys that played in 2021 is the guy to beat for 2022" Uh huh.

The guy was the glue that held the tatters of that offensive shitpile together. If Illinois and Purdue both lose we are still in play for a Rose Bowl!

B1G will extend an invitation and by national outcry invite Notre Dame to play an exhibition game in Indianapolis I place of Iowa should IL and Purdue lose today.

And the Rose Bowl isn't taking any B1G west team ahead of OSU/UM or Penn State

The guy was the glue that held the tatters of that offensive shitpile together. If Illinois and Purdue both lose we are still in play for a Rose Bowl!

Shitpile you say? Kirk might call that an assembly of organic material suitable for growth.

And the Rose Bowl isn't taking any B1G west team ahead of OSU/UM or Penn State
Winner of the B1G title game is automatic berth for Rose Bowl unless they are selected for the playoff. A 7-5 Wisconsin team got in under that rule the year PSU and OSU were both ineligible for postseason play.

I really wanted this dogshit offense to get to the Rose Bowl and win.

I don't want this. I don't want to see Iowa back into the BTC and then wind up in a shit bowl at 7-6. I want Iowa to be in a shit bowl at 7-5.

I don't want this. I don't want to see Iowa back into the BTC and then wind up in a shit bowl at 7-6. I want Iowa to be in a shit bowl at 7-5.
I want to be 8-5 so that the annals of history will always show us as the second best 8-5 Rose Bowl team ever (behind 2012 Wisconsin).

This kid has been shit on relentlessly this season and I just want to set the record straight. This kid is legit. Is he going to win a Heisman? No. Is he ever gonna win you the natty? No. But he's fucking awesome.

Let's look at his performance.

2020 - really weird year, strife within the program, season started late, straight into the conference slate. Dude wins 6 games and would have won 8 if Michigan and Missouri weren't too chicken shit to play us. Petras didn't have games to work out the kinks and we dropped 2 early, but it was otherwise a perfect year out of him.

2021 - He had us ranked #2 in the country. We all knew we weren't really number 2, but we got there. Not many Iowa QBs in the history books can say that. The deep pass against Penn State was a work of art.

2022 - His best year, IMHO. I really cannot overstate how bad the line was to start the season. You guys know it was horrific. And with injuries the WR corps has been awful at times (there are guys who may be really good, but they are too young to be impact players). Petras caught shit from everyone. We've all seen Iowa implode when they get challenged like they did earlier this year and Petras has kept his head high and he goes out and wins games.

Here we are, the final week of the season, and Iowa still has a shot at the conference title. I think we would have to dig deep into the history books to find another Iowa QB who had us in position for consecutive conference titles going into the last week of the season. The kid plays within himself and does what the coaches ask of him. The coaches know we have really special units on defense and special teams and all they need the QB to do is take care of the pill. Every QB in the Ferentz era has been unable to duplicate a great season. Banks only had one. Chandler had one. Tate was unreal in 2004 but the d-line turnover in 2005 ruined that team. Stanzi had an insane run in 2009, no need to rehash 2010. And our last run at the conference title without Petras was of course 2015 with CJB, which was followed by a dud in 2016.

No matter what happens from here on out, this kid is a legend. Most of you guys would be a puddle of piss if half of Kinnick was booing every time you walked off the field. If this kid is walking on senior day (I don't know if he has a covid year or whatever) you dudes at the game better cheer so loud for him that it shakes windows in Coralville. He may be a lumbering statue with tunnel vision and moderate accuracy issues, but he's OUR lumbering statue with tunnel vision and moderate accuracy issues.

We love you Spencer!
He would be a All American at Grandview.

Latest posts