Streaming live tv

I've used all streaming services other than Directv Stream, which I'll likely use this fall. The decision, for me, comes down to what channels do I want (basically, where are the Iowa games going to be broadcast) and price.
How does DirecTV Stream even come close to comparing to YouTubeTV?

It's $90/month to get even the minimum sports channels.

It's an additional $10/month for a streaming device or $120 up front to own it. And it's literally good for nothing else.

It can't be combined with anyone else, whereas YouTube can be combined with up to 5 other people.

There's literally only disadvantages to DirecTV Stream when comparing to YouTube TV.

It's an additional $10/month for a streaming device or $120 up front to own it. And it's literally good for nothing else.

It can't be combined with anyone else, whereas YouTube can be combined with up to 5 other people.

There's literally only disadvantages to DirecTV Stream when comparing to YouTube TV.

DirectTV is one of those companies I never envision myself going with again. I ditched Mediaconn back in the day when the BIG 10 Network started because they wouldn't include it in their package at the time and never looked back.

Are physical satellite dishes still a thing? Serious question. I thought everything had moved to 100% internet streaming.

I actually still have a DirectTV dish on the side of my house on a pole that I really actually never think about that it is still there. This made me think about it. I need to take it down. It was what I had before YouTube TV and been there like a decade or so. I need to get the wrenches out. Kind of embarrassing if people think I'm still rockin's a dish. F me.

Are physical satellite dishes still a thing? Serious question. I thought everything had moved to 100% internet streaming.
Oh yeah Dish TV isn't out of business just yet. But as far as those old oversized ones go no those haven't been a thing since the 90s maybe

Its not a done deal yet but there is a combination of circumstances that are forcing my hand on the Directv Stream decision. Believe me, I don't like their price either, not to mention that you're really dealing with ATT, which I have no love for. But DTVS does have all the channels my family members want plus network channels (Iowa could be playing on NBC and or CBS) with DVR. Also, I'm pretty certain a Roku gen 3+ device is all you need to use DTVS. Will double check that though

Oh yeah Dish TV isn't out of business just yet. But as far as those old oversized ones go no those haven't been a thing since the 90s maybe

What did those damn things cost when they first came out. I think only the F'ing banker in each town would have one. Prob like VCR's when they first came out. For $750.00, it's all yours.

Its not a done deal yet but there is a combination of circumstances that are forcing my hand on the Directv Stream decision. Believe me, I don't like their price either, not to mention that you're really dealing with ATT, which I have no love for. But DTVS does have all the channels my family members want plus network channels (Iowa could be playing on NBC and or CBS) with DVR. Also, I'm pretty certain a Roku gen 3+ device is all you need to use DTVS. Will double check that though
Oh yea, the local channels. I'm lucky where I am at to get the locals on YouTube. I forget about that.

But, am I correct that YouTube doesn't currently have CBS? Are they in a piss war now? There are not games anticipated to be on CBS this year, right?

What channels does DTVS have that YouTubeTV doesn't?

What did those damn things cost when they first came out. I think only the F'ing banker in each town would have one. Prob like VCR's when they first came out. For $750.00, it's all yours.
My friend had one at his house when they first came out, must have been the 70's or early 80's. At the time, none of the signals were scrambled and you could pick up anything that went through the air waves. And it was all free, you just had to have the dish. I think the dish itself was fairly expensive but once you paid for that there was no cost.

I remember they could get the Playboy Channel which we thought was a pretty cool thing at the time, LOL.

My Grandpa had one I should ask him. As kids growning up we had bunny ears on our TV no cable or dish no nothing. Just ABC NBC CBS PBS and KMEG

What channels does DTVS have that YouTubeTV doesn't?

For me there are two channels of importance missing. Reelz and History channel. I could live without History channel but Reelz has started airing Live Patrol, which used to be Live PD. For whatever reason I just can't get enough of that show....

For me there are two channels of importance missing. Reelz and History channel. I could live without History channel but Reelz has started airing Live Patrol, which used to be Live PD. For whatever reason I just can't get enough of that show....
You realize that Live on Patrol is streamed directly on YouTube, right?

My friend had one at his house when they first came out, must have been the 70's or early 80's. At the time, none of the signals were scrambled and you could pick up anything that went through the air waves. And it was all free, you just had to have the dish. I think the dish itself was fairly expensive but once you paid for that there was no cost.

I remember they could get the Playboy Channel which we thought was a pretty cool thing at the time, LOL.

Perv.

Lol. Yea, bet the dish ran damn near $1,000 if I remember right.

Latest posts