USC/UCLA to the Big Ten?

Add them to the West, move PU to the East. That will give the East 3 blue bloods (Michigan, OSU and PSU) and 3 in the West (USC, UCLA, Nebraska).
I love your subtle posts that people with no intelligence or sense of humor lose their minds over.

HH56 beat me to this. Wow, that would be something huh? Can you imagine 9 pm kickoffs in our future on the reg?

HH56 beat me to this. Wow, that would be something huh? Can you imagine 9 pm kickoffs in our future on the reg?
Bring it. College football is an 18 hour day for me on Saturdays anyway.

What I like is it’d make sure those games (if in IC) would be afternoon starts which is AWESOME for tailgating. I love the idea of it. USC and UCLA bring buckets of money, they’ll bring even more TV money, and it weakens a conference not named B1G.

ALSO

This move would further put Iowa State into a black hole of eventual destruction and shut the door 100% on the idea of little brother joining the B1G. They thought they could keep the Big 8 afloat by bringing on a bunch of G6 teams after Tex-ass and Chokelahoma left, but now the B8 is just going to rot further and further until they start removing sections of bleachers from Trice because no one wants to see the clowns play Tulane or Oral Roberts or whoever the F they'll be playing in a few years.

ALSO

This move would further put Iowa State into a black hole of eventual destruction and shut the door 100% on the idea of little brother joining the B1G. They thought they could keep the Big 8 afloat by bringing on a bunch of G6 teams after Tex-ass and Chokelahoma left, but now the B8 is just going to rot further and further until they start removing sections of bleachers from Trice because no one wants to see the clowns play Tulane or Oral Roberts or whoever the F they'll be playing in a few years.
The Big 8 should have held off on expansion. They could have added some of the Pac-12 leftovers, which would be much better than the teams they're getting.

ALSO

This is correct

Frankly, the best 16 teams from the ACC, Big 12, and Pac whatever need to form a nationwide conference that would be on par, but a step below Big 10 and SEC.

Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Notre Dame, Okie State, Oregon, etc. I doubt ISU makes that list.

Whatever is leftover forms the final national conference that would be well below the other 3. At this point, this shit is Lord of the Flies.....

From what I just read, a lot of folks are thinking that this shakes up with both the Big10 and the SEC adding more teams to get to 20 or 24 teams each. Essentially, college football would be just these two conferences and the NCAA would have little role in the process. Big10 would move into Texas and Florida to gather those markets, but essentially both conferences would pick the best bones from ACC, Pac 12 and Big 12. Those not selected basically start playing MAC schools.

If 24 each, there would probably be four divisions of six teams in each conference. So, it would functionally be a 8 team playoff. Win division, then semi, then conference champ and then conference champs play each other. Getting closer to the NFL model. This would be bad ass.

With Mat Cambull definitely on a sinking ship now, offer him a video coordinator job as an olive branch for Kurt Farence rubbing his nose in shit his whole career...as long as they make him do the Truffle Shuffle every day to get in the building.

200w.gif

As a relatively new resident of Los Angeles and a current season ticket holder at Kinnick, I would be thrilled if USC and UCLA joined the Big Ten. This is awesome. I mean, USC and UCLA ain't no Rutger or Maryland, but they'll do.

As a relatively new resident of Los Angeles and a current season ticket holder at Kinnick, I would be thrilled if USC and UCLA joined the Big Ten. This is awesome. I mean, USC and UCLA ain't no Rutger or Maryland, but they'll do.

Ahem, someone on here suggested getting UCLA seasons yesterday. Nothing will make them look like a good program again like playing all the lumbering teams of the worst division in football, the Big Ten West.

ALSO

Yeah, and think about how Colorado must feel. Talk about an absolute kick in the nuts.

The Big 8 should have held off on expansion. They could have added some of the Pac-12 leftovers, which would be much better than the teams they're getting.

Yeah, a merger between the Big 8 and Pac 10 would have still been a P5 conference. Now, meh. Blech. They better hope there's an out in that contract. Kansas might actually get an invite to the Pac 10. Maybe Tortilla Tech. Boy, imagine losing those two if you're the Big 8. Talk about a ball kick.

Yeah, a merger between the Big 8 and Pac 10 would have still been a P5 conference. Now, meh. Blech. They better hope there's an out in that contract. Kansas might actually get an invite to the Pac 10. Maybe Tortilla Tech. Boy, imagine losing those two if you're the Big 8. Talk about a ball kick.
Correct.

This is more than just a football thing.

Latest posts