Brock Harding Commits to Iowa Basketball

A long shot but at least we're in the running with our Brewster Academy connections...............

Taylor Bowen the No.37 overall ranked prospect in the class of 2023 is set to announce his college decision live Saturday June 25th at 3:30 PM ET on
@CBSSportsHQ

Finalists: Duke, Florida State, Iowa, LSU, Providence, Vermont

Loyola, St. Louis, Illinois State, Drake, Appalachian State, Bradley, Southern Illinois, Illinois-Chicago, Colorado State, Southeast Missouri State, Eastern Illinois, Purdue-Fort Wayne, Radford, Cal Poly and Western Illinois have reportedly offered Harding scholarships. He's been hearing from Butler and Oregon State, among other high majors.

other high majors???

Someone is high alright.

Those are not high majors by anyone stretch of imagination. Mid-majors would be pushing it.

Then again, there is the Murray twins. Will wish him the best and hope for the best.

I would put Fran's ability to spot talent early up against anyone in the country.

Remember he was on that first Uhlis kid a year before the big boys started offering him.

I would put Fran's ability to spot talent early up against anyone in the country.

Remember he was on that first Uhlis kid a year before the big boys started offering him.
I think Harding was about to blow up - with Koch on board and hopefully the younger Sandfort in play - Iowa basketball seems to be recruiting at a pretty high clip regardless of being behind in the NIL arms race. I'm starting to believe that going to a program that can develop you into a professional at the next level is already outweighing the NIL opportunities, which is a breath of fresh air for Iowa. I see them using it as much as a retention tool and also advertising that the money will be there kind of deal, come to Iowa because we put players in the NBA and NFL.

I think the NIL will important in retention, as you mention, and also in the portal.

That hurt Iowa in the recent portal cycle when searching for big men.

Time will tell if that's costly moving forward in filling holes due to attrition, lack of development or injuries.

A long shot but at least we're in the running with our Brewster Academy connections...............

Taylor Bowen the No.37 overall ranked prospect in the class of 2023 is set to announce his college decision live Saturday June 25th at 3:30 PM ET on
@CBSSportsHQ

Finalists: Duke, Florida State, Iowa, LSU, Providence, Vermont
He woulda been a HUGE get but he picked FSU. I thought we had a chance but tough to blame a Vermont kid being offered whatever he was in NIL and Florida weather to turn that down. I didn't realize he had a Duke offer though pretty crazy he turned that down.

I am not arguing with anyones comments. We all know Fran finds these underrated players and developers them. He has the Midas touch as the old commercial says.

My point was simply that he schools mentioned wouldn’t exactly be considered high majors.

Neither was our All American Center or recently drafted forward. So this kid could be the next great recruit.

Fran has been lacking to say the least when it comes to guards. It’s what has held the program back from greatness. Hopefully some of these new guards coming in will change that.

If Fran wasn’t great with post players we’d long for that. If he wasn’t offensive focused we’d long for that. We’re fans, we always want what we don’t have and often times have a hard time enjoying what we do.

If Fran wasn’t great with post players we’d long for that. If he wasn’t offensive focused we’d long for that. We’re fans, we always want what we don’t have and often times have a hard time enjoying what we do.
True.

The early outs in the NCAA tourneys does need to change. That’s what most fans look forward to every March.

The B1G tourney title was awesome. Now if Fran can just figure out the Big Dance that would be great!

How many programs out there wish they'd have had the last 3/ 4 yrs we have had with Garza JW, JBo and Murray doing what all they did? A heck of a lot more then those that don't. We may not have had much NCAA tourny success but they've won a lot of games and been a tough out for about anyone home or away.

He woulda been a HUGE get but he picked FSU. I thought we had a chance but tough to blame a Vermont kid being offered whatever he was in NIL and Florida weather to turn that down. I didn't realize he had a Duke offer though pretty crazy he turned that down.
Not sure he took any other visits besides FSU..........oh well.

True.

The early outs in the NCAA tourneys does need to change. That’s what most fans look forward to every March.

The B1G tourney title was awesome. Now if Fran can just figure out the Big Dance that would be great!
Fran sucked at the Big 10 tournament until he won it. That's how single elimination tournaments work.

I just want a balanced roster where everyone is good.....once we get that and at the same time solid coaching all the way around....I think we start breaking the ice in the NCAAs. I'm hoping that Harding kid along with some of the other recent pick-ups maybe starts filling in those missing links.

I just want a balanced roster where everyone is good.....once we get that and at the same time solid coaching all the way around....I think we start breaking the ice in the NCAAs. I'm hoping that Harding kid along with some of the other recent pick-ups maybe starts filling in those missing links.
I see what you mean but I'm not sure I agree. Having guys like Garza and Murray are more fun to watch and probably better for the program than a team full of just good players.