Josh Ogundele in the transfer portal

Not worth a scholarship though for 5 minutes in stretches.

Ogundele was also dead last on the team in WS/40 which is a damn reliable stat. His offensive WS was exactly 0.0.

Box plus/minus was -3.3, worst on the team by a mile. Josh seemed to be a good dude, well-liked by Fran and his teammates, but he was just not a productive basketball player by any measurement. It happens.

Plugging up the lane, however you want to phrase it, isn’t a reason to throw that kind of guy on the floor.
But we can give a Scholly to Ash. Right.

But we can give a Scholly to Ash. Right.
I never said I'd give Ash a scholarship, btw. But if you want to play that game...

Ash had 52 pts vs Ogundele's 29, in 19 fewer minutes.

Ash shot .692 from 2P vs Ogundele's .542 which is notable because Ogundele's shots should all be from 5' or less.

Ash shot .714 from the FT line vs Ogundele's .300

Ash's overall win shares were pretty low no doubt (way higher than Ogundele's, though)...but his WS per 40 minutes were 3rd best on the team. So we can definitively say that per minute spent on the court Ash had a waaaay bigger impact than Ogundele. Again, I wouldn't give Ash a scholarship myself unless there was no one else to sign, but he deserved his scholarship at least as much, and maybe more than Ogundele.

Right…

I never said I'd give Ash a scholarship, btw. But if you want to play that game...

Ash had 52 pts vs Ogundele's 29, in 19 fewer minutes.

Ash shot .692 from 2P vs Ogundele's .542 which is notable because Ogundele's shots should all be from 5' or less.

Ash shot .714 from the FT line vs Ogundele's .300

Ash's overall win shares were pretty low no doubt (way higher than Ogundele's, though)...but his WS per 40 minutes were 3rd best on the team. So we can definitively say that per minute spent on the court Ash had a waaaay bigger impact than Ogundele. Again, I wouldn't give Ash a scholarship myself unless there was no one else to sign, but he deserved his scholarship at least as much, and maybe more than Ogundele.

Right…
And Ash was also here much longer than the Big O to develop. Right.

Not sad. Different.

Who are we to tell adults they can't go to school where they want or make money playing sports in college?
Not sad. Different.

Who are we to tell adults they can't go to school where they want or make money playing sports in college?
No, sad. Nice to advise kids to bail out of a situation as soon as any adversity comes their way. Seems to be the way these days. The Mandalorian said it best.

No, sad. Nice to advise kids to bail out of a situation as soon as any adversity comes their way. Seems to be the way these days. The Mandalorian said it best.
The WNBA has a great standard that the Men's Pro Sports.....if they were not as greedy as F.....could keep the college game more balanced.

And, yes, I know, the WNBA does not pay as much the men, but they still have a way to keep women playing more years of ball at the college level.....keeping the collegiate level far more balanced.

The WNBA has a great standard that the Men's Pro Sports.....if they were not as greedy as F.....could keep the college game more balanced.

And, yes, I know, the WNBA does not pay as much the men, but they still have a way to keep women playing more years of ball at the college level.....keeping the collegiate level far more balanced.
i'm too lazy to look it up, but I think that between uconn and ut (the one in knoxville not the one in austin) they have probably won 50% of the titles. and dawn staley is in the midst of building a dynasty down in columbia, sc and given her age they could have half a dozen titles by the time she retires.

You’re completely fucking loony tunes.

“Bail out???”

He’s got a chance to make 10 or 12 million bucks guaranteed and you’re saying he’s bailing out from adversity?

That kid has more toughness in his little toe than you have in your entire body and you claim he’s bailing out?

I’ll again refer to your situation in life vs his and see who’s more smart.

***ROFLCOPTER ALERT***

Good lord.

News flash…college athletes don’t exist for your entertainment. They exist because there’s a market for their skills. And they have a right to take advantage of that market just like you have a right to go open a gas station or start selling shoes.

I mean, think think for a minute about how fucking stupid that is when you say “they still have a way to keep women playing more years of college ball” …jesus henry christ, LOL.

How absurd would it be if you were talking about a guy who was savant computer programmer getting a full scholarship in computer science, but left because Google saw his talent and wanted To pay him $250K a year?

“Would you say to your buddies, “Man, they gotta come up with a way to keep these kids in college longer…”

What a bunch of total horseshit.

No no no. Iowa is the only team that has players transferring this year. Fran is terrible and Iowa might as well have just kept Licklighter given the mass exodus of two back ups transfering and a lottery pick entering the draft. Regular dumpster fire......
Remember when Lickliter, in addition to the players he lost to graduation, lost five of his top seven returning players?

That was a true shit show. Jeff Peterson (starting point guard) Jake Kelly (best all around player) Jermain Davis (sixth man and best athlete) David Porter (valuable reserve big) and Anthony Tucker (best shooter, off court issues) All gone. Jarryd Cole and Matt Gatens were forced to carry a team that was probably one of the five worst of the decade in the B1G. Todd should have seen the writing on the wall.

***ROFLCOPTER ALERT***

Good lord.

News flash…college athletes don’t exist for your entertainment. They exist because there’s a market for their skills. And they have a right to take advantage of that market just like you have a right to go open a gas station or start selling shoes.

I mean, think think for a minute about how fucking stupid that is when you say “they still have a way to keep women playing more years of college ball” …jesus henry christ, LOL.

How absurd would it be if you were talking about a guy who was savant computer programmer getting a full scholarship in computer science, but left because Google saw his talent and wanted To pay him $250K a year?

“Would you say to your buddies, “Man, they gotta come up with a way to keep these kids in college longer…”

What a bunch of total horseshit.
Tell that to the WNBA. If were not for college, in most cases, the Pros would not even be able to see their skill potential develop.....not every case is Kobi Bryant out of High School. Unless you want to throw darts at a board and skip the college showcase process all together.

The two entities still need each other to a certain degree. It is just the WNBA would seem to value an education more than their Male Pro counterparts. I will say it again, money is a part of this, but still they are setting a standard that keeps the women's game more intact at the collegiate level.

Just in case you do not know or have forgotten, you have to be 22 years old to enter the WNBA draft.

The Men's Pro Sports would still have plenty of time to make their players gazillionaires 22 years and beyond.

Oh and by the way, as a paying customer, I would beg to differ in the absolute on your statement there. College/Pro Sports are absolutely entertainment venues whether you want to admit it or not. An amateur product that has high turnover....unless your name is Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, (or Alabama, Ohio St, Georgia, etc football) is not good for business.

Our team would be much better if we had KM around for another couple of years. That is not his fault of course, but just the way business is done.

I bet Lisa Bluder is incredibly grateful to have Caitlin Clark not heading off into the Pros this year. Iowa women's basketball fans as well. Clark is good for business at the U of I.

Last edited:
i'm too lazy to look it up, but I think that between uconn and ut (the one in knoxville not the one in austin) they have probably won 50% of the titles. and dawn staley is in the midst of building a dynasty down in columbia, sc and given her age they could have half a dozen titles by the time she retires.
Title wise, yes, the college game is certainly unbalanced there.....UConn is pretty much a pro team at the college level most years.

Remember when Lickliter, in addition to the players he lost to graduation, lost five of his top seven returning players?

That was a true shit show. Jeff Peterson (starting point guard) Jake Kelly (best all around player) Jermain Davis (sixth man and best athlete) David Porter (valuable reserve big) and Anthony Tucker (best shooter, off court issues) All gone. Jarryd Cole and Matt Gatens were forced to carry a team that was probably one of the five worst of the decade in the B1G. Todd should have seen the writing on the wall.
remember when he played his son?

***ROFLCOPTER ALERT***

Good lord.

News flash…college athletes don’t exist for your entertainment. They exist because there’s a market for their skills.
the "market" for college athletics exists solely because of the massive tv contracts for football and men's basketball. the tv contracts are massive because there is demand for "sports entertainment" content. take away that demand, the money disappears and then you can wax poetic about how they don't exist for entertainment, but then of course college athletics will fall to club level stuff

Tell that to the WNBA. If were not for college, in most cases, the Pros would not even be able to see their skill potential develop.....not every case is Kobi Bryant out of High School. Unless you want to throw darts at a board and skip the college showcase process all together.

The two entities still need each other to a certain degree. It is just the WNBA would seem to value an education more than their Male Pro counterparts. I will say it again, money is a part of this, but still they are setting a standard that keeps the women's game more intact at the collegiate level.

Just in case you do not know or have forgotten, you have to be 22 years old to enter the WNBA draft.

The Men's Pro Sports would still have plenty of time to make their players gazillionaires 22 years and beyond.

Oh and by the way, as a paying customer, I would beg to differ in the absolute on your statement there. College/Pro Sports are absolutely entertainment venues whether you want to admit it or not. An amateur product that has high turnover....unless your name is Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, (or Alabama, Ohio St, Georgia, etc football) is not good for business.

Our team would be much better if we had KM around for another couple of years. That is not his fault of course, but just the way business is done.

I bet Lisa Bluder is incredibly grateful to have Caitlin Clark not heading off into the Pros this year. Iowa women's basketball fans as well. Clark is good for business at the U of I.
I never said once that sports weren’t entertainment.

That point is moot, though. The market is there and it’s being filled, freely.

You are COMPLETELY confusing what you want with what the market wants. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t make it wrong, or unethical. You can spin it any way you want, but you’re still saying that adult players of a game should be forced to stay in college longer than they want to because you want to sit on your couch and watch them play. That’s fucking ridiculous. They should defer millions of dollars and their dreams because some middle aged dude in Iowa wants to watch them longer??? Unreal, LOL

And trust me, the open market isn’t bad for business one bit. Demand isn’t going to go down one bit. There will be some pissed off people because their old-timey, rah rah, “yay college!” toy got taken away from them, but there will be plenty of demand for college basketball. Like football, there is finite talent out there and the distribution of that talent will still fall the same way it always has. There might be more personnel changes from year to year, but guess what…

You’re never gonna quit watching no matter what, which is what’s going to keep paying the bills of the sport. And no one else is either.

And using the WNBA as an example is ridiculous too. It’s a HORRIBLE fricking product. Terrible. And it shows. Attendance is garbage and the tv market is for all intents and purposes non-existent. When an average high school boys team would beat the pro league (WNBA) champs by 50 points, ain’t no one gonna watch it. Call it sexism if you want, it doesn’t change the fact that the comped level is a thousand miles from the mens game. It is what it is.

Your comparing a league like the NBA and NCAA for which there is unbelievable demand to a product that sucks and almost no one watches. Does not compute.

the "market" for college athletics exists solely because of the massive tv contracts for football and men's basketball. the tv contracts are massive because there is demand for "sports entertainment" content. take away that demand, the money disappears and then you can wax poetic about how they don't exist for entertainment, but then of course college athletics will fall to club level stuff
The demand ain’t going away. The demographic of that deans might change, but it’s not going away.

remember when he played his son?
I actually had season tickets during that time.

Bad product, however, we could get in cheap and sit wherever.

Also, the $1 hotdog/coke nights were spectacular. (no discount on the soft serve however)

Latest posts