Do You Wanna Dance: Every Game Other Than The HAWKEYES

Jamaal Wilkes who reminds me of Keegan
But with an uglier shot. But it was effective. And yes Keegan could have a Jamaal Wilkes type of career.

Wilkes was tremendously underrated, especially as a defender and at a time when small forward was the glamor position in the league. When Magic filled in for an injured Kareem and put up 42 and 15 to finish off Philadelphia (ouch!) Wilkes played a pretty good Robin by putting up 37.

Great Success Meme GIFs | Tenor

Credit him for taking advantage of the opportunity. But they should be in the NIT.

This will sound insane today, but in 1970 Al McGuire, coaching at Marquette, turned down an NCAA bid (which had fewer at large berths to award then) in favor of the NIT. He wanted no part of the Wooden UCLA machine, he wanted to win a championship.

Which he did. Back in those days you weren't guaranteed an NCAA bid even if you won your conference. And those NIT games could be wars. Bobby Knight made a name for himself in the late sixties and early seventies by gaining a reputation as a tough out in the NIT with his Army teams.

Loved Al Maguire

The Coolest

Magic was a guard, though he stopped guarding jet quick points after his 1981 knee injury.

Jamaal Wikes was the player you were thinking of and he was a tremendous, savvy player and yes those were formidable front lines.

Just my opinion, I think Boston's FRONT COURT was a hair better, and since you went five deep with Thompson Boston still has an edge. They had ML Carr and then Scott Wedman.
Forgot about Wilkes.

A.C. Green was a defensive stopper.
Mychal Thompson was no slouch.

BTW...While in college, I saw Iowa play a Minnesota team in Iowa City who started both McHale and Thompson. Heady stuff.

Big Ten referee who always fucks the Hawks

On the floor at the Michigan-Tennessee game

Larry Scriotto

1647731808023.png

The bald bodybuilding bitch

Latest posts