Sad News...

Fryowa

Administrator
I don't know if any of you guys remember the ISU superfan from College Gameday this past season...

Guy's name is Nick Bassett and was the one in the wheelchair who got to meet the team and give a speech to the team as well. He was interviewed on Gameday.

Saw this morning that he passed away a few days ago. I hate the Cyclones, but the guy seemed like a hell of a person who was making lots of lemonade from a life of lemons. ISU fan or not, I'm sure he was a much better dude than I am and everything I saw on Twitter or on TV suggested that the people who had actually met him thought he was a great guy.

Can't embed youtube videos anymore, but here's a link for anyone who doesn't recall the guy.

https://youtu.be/WYnrWVMvqfY

I've seen his name on Twitter a lot but don't know much about it. Can someone give me a quick rundown of the story. Like what he died from and how old he was?

I've seen his name on Twitter a lot but don't know much about it. Can someone give me a quick rundown of the story. Like what he died from and how old he was?
The articles I've read said he had scoliosis, and last year had to have his legs amputated because of bad circulation.

Huge Cyclone fan, got featured and interviewed on Gameday this past September and gave a speech to the team.

Just seemed like a good dude in a really tough spot who stayed real positive and was liked by the folks who knew him. Not sure exactly what he died from, but I'm assuming it was related to his medical issues. His mom's twitter indicates he'd been struggling for a while.

Sounds similar to the Purdue fan who died of cancer a few years ago. Tyler Trent.
Kind of, except Purdue was expected to suck that year and beat the piss out of Ohio and beat Iowa as well. The Clowns were expected to be good this year and lost a bunch of games to shit teams. They did beat Tejas, though, but Tejas sucks.

Kind of, except Purdue was expected to suck that year and beat the piss out of Ohio and beat Iowa as well. The Clowns were expected to be good this year and lost a bunch of games to shit teams. They did beat Tejas, though, but Tejas sucks.
Unless you're referring to the ZZ Top album Tejas. It's not their best, but at least it doesn't suck.

I don't know if any of you guys remember the ISU superfan from College Gameday this past season...

Guy's name is Nick Bassett and was the one in the wheelchair who got to meet the team and give a speech to the team as well. He was interviewed on Gameday.

Saw this morning that he passed away a few days ago. I hate the Cyclones, but the guy seemed like a hell of a person who was making lots of lemonade from a life of lemons. ISU fan or not, I'm sure he was a much better dude than I am and everything I saw on Twitter or on TV suggested that the people who had actually met him thought he was a great guy.

Can't embed youtube videos anymore, but here's a link for anyone who doesn't recall the guy.

https://youtu.be/WYnrWVMvqfY

move to OT forum

Latest posts