5 Observations from Iowa's Win at Minnesota

If Jbo isn't making buckets I rather have Perk in the game. If you need him late in games to make free throws at the 1 or the 2 spot I get that. His sole purpose of coming back is to make shots...if he ain't doing that I have no interest.
He’s our 2nd leading scorer fwiw

He’s our 2nd leading scorer fwiw
4th leading scorer in conference games. Our OOC schedule was hot garbage.

He's shooting .302 from the floor and .250 from 3.

WS/40 is .043 which is 10th on the team and his FT% is .783. I'm not here to argue whether he should be playing or not, but he's not really a difference maker in any measurable way so far this year.

WS/40 is .043 which is 10th on the team and his FT% is .783. I'm not here to argue whether he should be playing or not, but he's not really a difference maker in any measurable way so far this year.
I would say at the end of tight games he makes a difference. If the other team has to foul, I want Jbo with the ball and on the line. .783 seems great for most guys and it is. Even the announcers seemed surprised when Jbo missed a few FT. I can't recall him missing one when you absolutely need him to make it.

I'll give JBo credit in one of the non conference games, he was huge at Virginia. But otherwise, as you point out, he's been terrible so far against conference opponents offensively. So far the main value he's had is icing games from the free throw line. We could use a few more Virginia games from him. When he's hitting 3's it opens up the offense for Keegan and others. When he's not then he needs to be on the bench, I think Fran has done a good job with that.

I would say at the end of tight games he makes a difference. If the other team has to foul, I want Jbo with the ball and on the line. .783 seems great for most guys and it is. Even the announcers seemed surprised when Jbo missed a few FT. I can't recall him missing one when you absolutely need him to make it.

I doubt we will ever see him miss 3 straight free throws like he did against Wisconsin ever again. If Iowa needs to ice the game from the free throw line I want JBo in the game.

I'd rather have Perkins too FWIW - but Jordan has and does hold value on this team and I am A OK with him getting minutes. He's averaging double figures, he obviously provides SOME value to this team.

I wonder if it has ever happened before, that a school's all time leader in multiple statistics, that has also provided LOTS of late game big moments, and yet has had to endure constant criticism during his entire career?

I can almost envision in 20 or 30 years a parent or grandparent explaining to their kid or grandkid that asks about that Bohannon kid with his name plastered all over the record books. And they answer, "Ya, but he really sucked..."

I wonder if it has ever happened before, that a school's all time leader in multiple statistics, that has also provided LOTS of late game big moments, and yet has had to endure constant criticism during his entire career?

I can almost envision in 20 or 30 years a parent or grandparent explaining to their kid or grandkid that asks about that Bohannon kid with his name plastered all over the record books. And they answer, "Ya, but he really sucked..."
Your also leaving out the fact he had to play 20 to 30 years to get them records..

Latest posts