Iowa looking at a 1-7 start

longtimer

You have to believe we will not be favored against Indiana at home and Gophers and Rutgers on the road
Not sure who they play after that but if they are 1-7 does it matter

This team lacks guard play, defensive intensity and rebounding

Really, ain't the end of the world. The majority of us expected a rebuilding year regardless, and none of the 3 conference losses were totally unexpected- and we were not blown out by any means. The Iowa State loss is a bit of a mystery to me, but let them have their little splash of glory.

I only made it to halftime before this nasty flu bug put me back in bed, and as expected, WI dictated the tempo. I enjoyed seeing a brief demonstration of the Murrays playing together effectively, so there is that. Patrick looked good too. By and large, the rest of the team looked flustered it seemed, and even the twins did too at times.

I dunno, may not be a bad thing if we don't dance this year, and maybe that would motivate Keegan to return one more year. I am doubtful, I think the $$$$$ are beckoning, but if Kris takes the same quantum leap, it may yet be good.

I am sick, miserable and running through kleenex right and left, but I am still kinda a glass half full guy maybe. I am enjoying watching this team.

Respect those that are positive with their opinions but I'm not there with mine. I remain skeptical of any Big Dance entry. I give last night's game a "2" on the Woogie Boogie Board.
osbournes.jpg

Really, ain't the end of the world. The majority of us expected a rebuilding year regardless, and none of the 3 conference losses were totally unexpected- and we were not blown out by any means. The Iowa State loss is a bit of a mystery to me, but let them have their little splash of glory.

I only made it to halftime before this nasty flu bug put me back in bed, and as expected, WI dictated the tempo. I enjoyed seeing a brief demonstration of the Murrays playing together effectively, so there is that. Patrick looked good too. By and large, the rest of the team looked flustered it seemed, and even the twins did too at times.

I dunno, may not be a bad thing if we don't dance this year, and maybe that would motivate Keegan to return one more year. I am doubtful, I think the $$$$$ are beckoning, but if Kris takes the same quantum leap, it may yet be good.

I am sick, miserable and running through kleenex right and left, but I am still kinda a glass half full guy maybe. I am enjoying watching this team.
Get well, man!

Iowa has played some of their toughest games of the year already. I expect them to continue to improve, just how fast is not known. There just doesn't seem to be an answer to their inside game and rebounding problems. Wisconsin would have beaten anyone the way they were shooting the ball. I could see them winning the conference. Best team we have played so far.

There just doesn't seem to be an answer to their inside game and rebounding problems. Wisconsin would have beaten anyone the way they were shooting the ball.
Iowa's 2nd to last in 3pt % defense. Every team with decent shooters is going to look like a B1G contender when they play Iowa.

Iowa is a decent rebounding team overall, but atrocious against good B1G rebounding teams. If they don't make good progress in both these areas, they won't be dancing this year.

You have to believe we will not be favored against Indiana at home and Gophers and Rutgers on the road
Not sure who they play after that but if they are 1-7 does it matter

This team lacks guard play, defensive intensity and rebounding
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. No more excuses for this team. They destroyed a good Indiana team in the second half with defense and rebounding. No more excuses for this team; the potential is there.

Play both Murrays the maximum minutes and see what happens.

This is an NCAA bubble team at worst.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. No more excuses for this team. They destroyed a good Indiana team in the second half with defense and rebounding. No more excuses for this team; the potential is there.

Play both Murrays the maximum minutes and see what happens.

This is an NCAA bubble team at worst.
Some people can't prognosticate their way out of a paper bag.

You can't look too far ahead esp. in the age of Covid. Minny had 1/3rd of a team missing. Indiana's new coach is okay but not there yet and not helping his team win on the road. Can't project unless you know enough. Besides "not sure who they play after but if they are 1-7" is also wrong cause they are 3-3 which is 6 so it would be hard to be 1-7 after 6 games as well.

No offense but you if you put garbage info in the computer the spit out will certainly be off. :)

You can't look too far ahead esp. in the age of Covid. Minny had 1/3rd of a team missing. Indiana's new coach is okay but not there yet and not helping his team win on the road. Can't project unless you know enough. Besides "not sure who they play after but if they are 1-7" is also wrong cause they are 3-3 which is 6 so it would be hard to be 1-7 after 6 games as well.

No offense but you if you put garbage info in the computer the spit out will certainly be off.
Bullshit. The same crap can be said after nearly any win in any sport, in any season. That's why we actually play the games. Go Hawks!

I'm thinking this team may actually have a better season than last year's team, in-conference and in March.

Latest posts