Tyler Goodson skipping bowl game

As a RB, how much or what does he need to get better at? He’s probably gonna want to put on some more weight but that’s something he can do over the next 8 months. I think, at least this year he lacked straight, downhill running. Maybe w/ a better OL next yr he could put on tape more downhill tough running which might improve his draft stock. However, even if he simply makes a scout team he’ll earn $252k per season. Not a bad gig. At the very least I think Goodson will make a scout team. Wish the kid all the best and hopefully he sticks in the league for a few years & sets himself up financially for the rest of his life.
Ya, 225K not to bad for being a scrub.

Not much power , no top end. I for the life of me cannot see how Goodson makes it but I hope he does. Two step jig and then the laydown won't turn heads in the NFL. His best skill is pass catching. And if you can't break tackles, I dunno. If Sergeant isn't making it I do not see Tyler making it.

This is the best way to do it and I think it will happen, but they can’t do it with that kind of seeding. No one wants to see Pitt or Iowa or NC State or whoever get rolled 87-0 in Tuscaloosa every year.

You’d have to split it into to halves and seed them 1-4 on each side.

If you went with a straight bracket (using the CFP rankings for the 3 teams that didn't win their conference) it would look like this and 3 out of 4 would be horrible blowouts.:

#1 Alabama vs. #8 Pitt
#2 Michigan vs. #7 Utah
#3 Georgia vs. #6 Baylor
#4 Cincinnati vs. #5 Ohio State

If you seeded it in two halves it would look like this:

#1 Alabama vs #4 Utah
#2 Georgia vs #3 Ohio State

#1 Michigan vs. #4 Pitt
#2 Cincinnati vs. #3 Baylor

Is it perfect? No. But a whole lot better than #1 vs #8.

They are talking about doing something like I am proposing in pro playoffs:

- 8 teams in (5 conference champs, 3 wildcards).
- seed top 4 like they are today --> 1 = Bama, 2 = Mich, 3 = Ga, 4 = Cin
- 1st round games on campuses, final 4 at bowl games, etc.
- then, Bama gets to pick their 1st opponent from remaining 4 teams
- then Mich gets to pick their opponent from remaining 3 teams
- then GA gets their choice of final 2 teams
- and Cin gets the remaining team

Choosing your opponent is the ultimate advantage for the top seed and motivating factor for the chosen team.

I have no idea if Tyler's game translates to the CFL, but I hope he leaves that as an option. Wouldn't be the first Hawkeye to travel north.

They are talking about doing something like I am proposing in pro playoffs:

- 8 teams in (5 conference champs, 3 wildcards).
- seed top 4 like they are today --> 1 = Bama, 2 = Mich, 3 = Ga, 4 = Cin
- 1st round games on campuses, final 4 at bowl games, etc.
- then, Bama gets to pick their 1st opponent from remaining 4 teams
- then Mich gets to pick their opponent from remaining 3 teams
- then GA gets their choice of final 2 teams
- and Cin gets the remaining team

Choosing your opponent is the ultimate advantage for the top seed and motivating factor for the chosen team.
Still results in a slaughter because after the first 4-5 teams it’s a ridiculously huge drop off.

I still think the best way to do it is two halves 1/3/5/7 vs 2/4/6/8