ISU/IOWA

blubberhawk

Years of frustration will be venting at Hilton this week with the Cyclones hosting the women tonight and the men tomorrow.
Iowa women have won 5 consecutive games against ISU while the men have won 3 in a row.
Iowa ruined the ISU "dream football" season in the second week and have won six in a row in that series. Iowa wrestling team has won 17 straight and 32/33 meetings in wrestling.

ISU fans are in desperation mode for a win in anything against the hated hawks. Iowa players on both teams should be ready for some serious abuse from the fans.

I will say there will always be some ISU fans that take the rivalry way too far, but honestly ISU fans are mostly just celebratory about this basketball team so far. The season and team are better than we could have possibly imagined to this point. Obviously I'm hopeful for a victory and I think it should be doable but there are several parts of the game I think are advantageous for the Hawks so I think the game could go either way.

I will say there will always be some ISU fans that take the rivalry way too far, but honestly ISU fans are mostly just celebratory about this basketball team so far. The season and team are better than we could have possibly imagined to this point. Obviously I'm hopeful for a victory and I think it should be doable but there are several parts of the game I think are advantageous for the Hawks so I think the game could go either way.
Last spring I thought that this would new a Lickliter/McDermott type matchup of 2 horrible teams where someone wins by being the least bad team. Who'da thunk?

Last spring I thought that this would new a Lickliter/McDermott type matchup of 2 horrible teams where someone wins by being the least bad team. Who'da thunk?

Admittedly I'm not a fan of Fran. But I think he's done a great job raising the floor of the program. Does an awesome job developing players and identifying those players that can develop. I don't think Iowa will just out and out suck again with him as coach.

This might (probably) will be a tough way to end the week in Ames for our Hawks. It would be very goods wins for the women and men if they pull it off.

This might (probably) will be a tough way to end the week in Ames for our Hawks. It would be very goods wins for the women and men if they pull it off.
Iowa is bound to lose to ISU in something at some point, but all the pressure is on ISU this week. If they do not win, it will be two years before they will have a decent shot at ending the futility against the Hawks as none of the 4 teams are likely to win in Iowa City next year.

Iowa is bound to lose to ISU in something at some point, but all the pressure is on ISU this week. If they do not win, it will be two years before they will have a decent shot at ending the futility against the Hawks as none of the 4 teams are likely to win in Iowa City next year.

No offense but Iowa is riding a 2 game losing streak. I think they feel some pressure as well.

As far as the players go, they aren't worried about 2 years down the line or even next year.

And I mean it when I say ISU fans already feel like we're playing with house money this year. It's just so much fun right now.

I feel like he's so up for this game that he can't wait to get on the court.

Jordan Bohannon on Twitter: "My Shoes and Hilton “Magic” might be the best  duo. Thanks for playing https://t.co/8eyFBhRLtC" / Twitter

Hawks have had a gruelling sequence of games

Of which this one is the last of a Murderers Row

Watch kill the messenger by Vj Junior - Ugawatch

At Virginia, not one of the easiest places to play in America

At Number Two Purdue which is one of the top five toughest arenas in America

Kofi Cockburn and the Illini, who will be Top 10 this season

And now a rejuvenated cyclone team who are very good

At Virgina: Four Days later at Purdue: Three Days later Illinois:

Three Days later at one of the toughest places to play in America: Hilton

Last edited:
I feel like he's so up for this game that he can't wait to get on the court.
Hope so- was hoping for some dramatic 3 pointers at Purdue, then again against IL........

Dont much like 2 L's to start the conference season, but I did sort of expect it

No offense but Iowa is riding a 2 game losing streak. I think they feel some pressure as well.

As far as the players go, they aren't worried about 2 years down the line or even next year.

And I mean it when I say ISU fans already feel like we're playing with house money this year. It's just so much fun right now.
This is not about the Iowa players or ISU players. This is about the ISU fans. I work in a nest of Cyclone fans that are consumed with Iowa hate.

House money, my ass. I don't think you speak for very many of them..

Dream on, clown…..it’s driving your players & fans nuts that that haven’t beaten Iowa at ANY major sport in years. Wrestling, both b-ball teams, & of course fball where your best team ever got their a$$es handed to them at home.