Tyrone Tracy Out

Wish things would've worked out for him here. Not sure why they didn't, other than the general poor offense. I did think he would be a leader in yards/catches this year, nope. Wish him well.

I knew this was gonna happen ... he had no targets in the last 3 games .. this sucks! and dont think for one second other recruits dont see this ....we have 2 great freshmen WR. and C. Jones is a SR as well. but 4 WR have now left the program.....kids want targets and opportunity ....and we need a QB that hit them in stride.....yards after catch is missing and speed and talent guys ... are hard to get at Iowa ......
does Tim Dwight have any kids yet lol

Here’s a pic from that day. Petras chatted them up for a bit, and Tracy came over and spent probably 10 minutes talking to them about their own football team, what positions they play, told ‘em to get good grades, asked them what else they like to do. Super nice dude that didn’t have to take the time after practice but did anyway. My kid has this pic blown up and hanging in his room, it’s the kind of thing that leaves an impression. Best of luck to him.
52951BEB-E16D-49DE-B81C-803BB1E343F6.jpeg

I really wish they had tried him at running back. Really tough, hard nosed kid.

I love our team and our players; our offensive coordinator, not so much.

I liked him. Heard he's a fine young man too. Not a mercenary at all. I wish him nothing but success. I always thought he was underutilized.

When listening to the voice of Iowa podcast, it was alluded to by Don Patterson (and other other host)....that if Tracy can't be a team player he would be better off leaving. Perhaps there were some issues behind the scenes. Best of luck to him.

Here’s a pic from that day. Petras chatted them up for a bit, and Tracy came over and spent probably 10 minutes talking to them about their own football team, what positions they play, told ‘em to get good grades, asked them what else they like to do. Super nice dude that didn’t have to take the time after practice but did anyway. My kid has this pic blown up and hanging in his room, it’s the kind of thing that leaves an impression. Best of luck to him.
View attachment 8464
Damn those kids are really pasty!

I was really high on him coming into this season, wish I was right. One of the better receiving recruits we had following ISM and Brandon Smith. I really wish it would have worked out and really surprised it didnt. Wish him the best of luck, sounds like a great kid.

He had to be frustrated. We heard coming out of Spring ball and Fall camp was look out for Tracy. For whatever reason he just wasn’t very productive this season.

WRs are infamous divas. Not saying he is, as it sounds like he is a good team player, but these guys need targets and he didn't get any. He is a talented player and should have options. Hell, just about any program in the country will throw more times than Iowa.

This is a loss, but not a big one.

WRs are infamous divas. Not saying he is, as it sounds like he is a good team player, but these guys need targets and he didn't get any. He is a talented player and should have options. Hell, just about any program in the country will throw more times than Iowa.

This is a loss, but not a big one.
Agree, I think Bruce and Johnson are pretty damn good and it was hard to keep them off the field

I liked his game and by all accounts I heard he was a great locker room guy. Apparently not enough catches to go around in this offense. Can't say I blame him, watch him go blow up somewhere good next year. I wish him well.

I wish him well and he was a good Hawkeye. I don't blame him at all. The writing is on the wall though when you are a 4th year guy losing out to two players who just got on campus. He wants to play, hopefully he goes somewhere he can compete for playing time.