KF Regrets Last Week's Comments About Deuce Hogan

Quit making mountains out of molehills on this one.
Kirk faceplanted when trying to make a joke. A joke not actually aimed at the player but the situation.
He apologized publicly. But did he really have to? No.

Now there are people who didn't think he apologized well enough to kiss up.to his 3rd string QB. Boohoo snowflakes.

I am sorry I am not sorry - if Deuce left because of that comment, does he have what it takes to start on the road in an extremely hostile environment?

Whether it was a bad joke or not, it had no impact on the transfer. Duece is not leaving because his feelers got hurt by a joke in a presser, he is leaving because he is buried in the depth chart by two older guys and has legit competition coming in behind him. MOST Qbs do not work out with the team they sign with out of high school. MOST.

He was a great high school commit that we were all excited about, but if he was legit, he would have shown in practice by now. Hope it works out at SMU or wherever for him.

Iowa needs to upgrade at QB, either through serious development or new blood. Duece was not going to be that answer.

Ferentz said Tuesday “in retrospect” he wouldn’t have made that comment after Friday’s game.

“Probably would’ve been more appropriate if I said our third quarterback instead of naming his name,” Ferentz said Tuesday. “I’m not real comfortable with any third quarterback being in the game until they get to work as a one or two.”
That's the thing I took it exactly the way he's explaining it here. I wasn't bent over it. But for those that didn't yeah It sounds like he's down on the kid. When what he's getting at is what coach would want to put their 3rd stringer out there no matter who it is? He's been running with the scout team all yr and probably hasn't taken a 1st team snap since summer camp if he even did then. That's what he means by that....

Whether it was a bad joke or not, it had no impact on the transfer. Duece is not leaving because his feelers got hurt by a joke in a presser, he is leaving because he is buried in the depth chart by two older guys and has legit competition coming in behind him. MOST Qbs do not work out with the team they sign with out of high school. MOST.

He was a great high school commit that we were all excited about, but if he was legit, he would have shown in practice by now. Hope it works out at SMU or wherever for him.

Iowa needs to upgrade at QB, either through serious development or new blood. Duece was not going to be that answer.
Exactly. He was gone no matter what. Going in to yr 3 if a kid isn't on track to start they see the writing on the wall. That's him to a T. And yeah Most QBs don't because there's only 1 starter. Teams often get 1 qb per class occasionally 2 depending on the circumstances so programs will have like 4-6 qbs (walk ons incluced) usually. Most of them can't work out as you said. It's math so Duece is loose no surprise at all.

Full confidence in anybody we put out there should always be the answer. Hogan probable didn't see a path to playing time for at least 2 years, can't blame him on wanting to play.

I get her backing her son, what I don't get is how she keeps referring to how everyone there knows it and why. I doubt everyone (prob 150 strong with players, coaches and support) would agree to anything wholeheartedly.

This is a mother sticking up for her kid I take that for what it is. I don't think what KF did was 'slander'. If saying that the 3rd string qb wasn't ready to go is slanderous then oook so be it. This is her taking what KF said way too personal and this gave them an excuse to shit on the coach that supposedly wasn't giving him a chance while he leaves which he was going to do regardless. Literally everyone was assuming he was leaving along with either Padilla or Petras. I'd be more surprised if those two both are back then if one left.

I mean look at the 2 QBs that have played this yr. Neither are exactly stellar stars that have looked all that great. So the 3rd string kid that couldn't beat them out in practice is supposedly all that and a bag of chips? Well of course he is to his own mom. Maybe he develops into something good in a couple yrs. That wouldn't surprise me. What would surprise me is if he was actually better than the other 2 right now.

Anyone who airs out dirty laundry on Facebook is a total twat. What an attention-grabbing moron.

Nothing in that letter needed to be public and the only reason she did it was to get likes and comments.

That letter would have definitely meant something if she had given it to him privately.

Puuuuuke.

Anyone who airs out dirty laundry on Facebook is a total twat. What an attention-grabbing moron.

Nothing in that letter needed to be public and the only reason she did it was to get likes and comments.

That letter would have definitely meant something if she had given it to him privately.

Puuuuuke.
The I know your nickname part is what got me... Cause there's a whole lotta relevance with that.

You guys said it better than I could. This is attention grabbing and excuse making. Your kid couldn't cut it at a Power Five program. That's fine, most high school QBs can't. Look at Wisconsin's star recruit. Best of luck to him at Nevada or Eastern Illinois or wherever he lands, but let's not pretend this is about anything other than playing time.

The I know your nickname part is what got me... Cause there's a whole lotta relevance with that.
You guys said it better than I could. This is attention grabbing and excuse making. Your kid couldn't cut it at a Power Five program. That's fine, most high school QBs can't. Look at Wisconsin's star recruit. Best of luck to him at Nevada or Eastern Illinois or wherever he lands, but let's not pretend this is about anything other than playing time.
If she would've written a letter like that and handed it to her son in private confidence I'd have respected the hell out of her.

But she had to do the whole attention-whore, look at me, see what a strong mother bear I am, blah, blah, blah...

Totally insincere if you have to let other people clicking like validate your existence.

Last edited:
I wonder what "The Deuce" thinks about his mom dropping one on Facebook to save face.

Wow. As a parent of athletes, I understand the feeling that your child isn't getting the chances you think they should and the feeling that playing time and opportunity aren't always fair. Most parents want the best for their kids and most likely overestimate their child's abilities vs others. But good God, I would never even say this to a coach, let alone post it on social media. I kind of feel bad for him, but am now happy to see him gone after this.

Exactly if he was in line to start day 1 next yr and not be 3rd (maybe 4th if the Labas talk is legit) then he wouldn't be going anywhere. KF was joking. It was obvious. If a player actually transfered due to that then good luck to who gets him next cause he's as soft as wet TP.

I have a friend who is an associate AD at a Pac 12 school. He said this kind of shit has been off the charts the past 5-10 years. All these parents drove their kids to AAU tournaments from age 9 on. Now that their kids are in college, they just keep following them to campus every weekend, too. This is for both revenue and non-revenue sports - parents want to meet with the coaches all the time, want to meet with the AD, think they should get facetime on a regular basis and answers to their questions. My buddy says it is out of control, that it's just as bad as high school now for coaches and administrators.

Latest posts