Cooper DeJean

longtimer

I see where he is listed as 2nd string CB for Nebraska Of course if he plays he loses redshirt as he has been in 4 games already

I saw him in the State Championship game and I realize it was small schools but he was tremendous He had several long throws that were caught in stride and his athletic ability was obvious. He is going to be a really good player. Just wish Ferentz would give him a shot at QB. Would love to see us with an athletic QB for a change

I thought I'd read that he already had burned it by playing last week on special teams some... I'm ok with it more so then I used to be with burning kids RSs or not playing very much. With recruiting and transfering how it is now I think you put your best players in there wherever/however that works out to being.

The balance of trying to plan for the future and yet play for this week for coaches has swung way towards planning for this week now. Look at Mullens in FL losing his gig. Frost in NE can't afford to be sitting anyone that could be helping now. Granted KF can pretty much do whatever he wants so there's that..

I am sure I am reading too much into this, but a lot of talking (typing) heads are predicting X to Iowa. Maybe Cooper playing CB lends some credence to those predictions.

Or Cooper is just athletic enough to fill in for a position that needs some bodies.

I am sure I am reading too much into this, but a lot of talking (typing) heads are predicting X to Iowa. Maybe Cooper playing CB lends some credence to those predictions.

Or Cooper is just athletic enough to fill in for a position that needs some bodies.

Is 'X' supposed to be a recruit or what? What does 'predicting X to Iowa' mean in reference to DeJean?

I hope like hell they don’t burn his shirt. Especially not for the last game of the year. He doesn’t get the benefit of the free COVID year.

Besides Moss and Jamari Harris, with Hankins and maybe Roberts out again, who are the other cornerbacks? There are many very young guys on the roster at DBack but I am sure half of them are more Safety position types.

I may be off but I think he's referring to Xavier Nwankpa the safety out of Southeast Polk.

Oh, ok, but I never count on a recruit until they are on campus either early going thru spring ball or registered and going through their first August camp. Letters of intent, declaring, etc etc, means nothing anymore, signing your name.

Oh, ok, but I never count on a recruit until they are on campus either early going thru spring ball or registered and going through their first August camp. Letters of intent, declaring, etc etc, means nothing anymore, signing your name.
Unfortunately, neither does showing up on campus anymore...

Besides Moss and Jamari Harris, with Hankins and maybe Roberts out again, who are the other cornerbacks? There are many very young guys on the roster at DBack but I am sure half of them are more Safety position types.
FWIW have seen Xavier Williams listed as a cornerback on depth chart. If any credence can be given to depth charts.