What Do We See Saturday From nebraska Schematically?

Trick will be to put him in obvious passing situations on 3rd downs... If we can't slow down their running game however all they try to do that then it'll make it easier for him to throw. Put him in 3rd and 7s and longer on their side of the 50 and I like our chances.

That said what's Nebraska playing for this week? Nothing so this is their Super Bowl again. I expect Frost will do all sorts of crazy shit. He's gotten that vote of confidence from Alberts and isn't going anywhere so he's got nothing to lose. Expect trick plays fake punts etc etc etc....
If you think cutting his buyout in half, taking a million per year cut is a vote of confidence...WOW OH and we are firing the entire offensive staff, even though you're the O coordinator. That is saying next year we fire you because we can't afford to fire everyone this year.

If you think cutting his buyout in half, taking a million per year cut is a vote of confidence...WOW OH and we are firing the entire offensive staff, even though you're the O coordinator. That is saying next year we fire you because we can't afford to fire everyone this year.
Oh I agree with you it's not a long term one. It was just a we aren't firing you now before next season vote of confidence. I agree he's on a short leash now and that's what that was all about. He put him on the clock. But this games outcome won't affect if Frost is coach week 1 next yr or not either way.

1) Nebraska can afford to fire anyone at any time. Like Texas, they have waaaaay more money than wins. Reducing his salary and buyout by a couple million bucks doesn't mean shit to the athletic department at nebraska. There are many donors who would gladly pick up that check if they wanted him gone, same with Iowa and any other top 25 P5 school. I don't think you understand the magnitude of major P5 athletic department budgets, even after covid.

2) It was absolutely a vote of confidence. Most fans want him gone, and (per #1 above) any other team would've fired him once a bowl game & winning season were out of reach. If Alberts didn't think he could get it done he'd have sent him packing already.

Watching what little college film there is of Smothers (hilariously little, I've watched it all in under a half hour on YouTube including their spring game), he has a wet noodle of an arm. He can run though which gives us problems like it did when Clifford was in the game.

Do we see some wildcat stuff at times Friday since the kid can't throw, especially against the leading interceptionizing team in the country the last several years?

I have a hard time thinking Frost doesn't "get weird" and go for broke with gimmicks at this point in their season. If they get crazy, it could be trouble. Our defense thrives against vanilla offenses, not so much against teams that do funky stuff.
Smothers is fast, really fast, and he's at top speed in 2 or 3 steps. Definitely potential for 70 yard runs if he splits a seam. Yes, his passing looks poor but if we aren't disciplined on D a couple long runs could put us behind the 8-ball.

1) Nebraska can afford to fire anyone at any time. Like Texas, they have waaaaay more money than wins. Reducing his salary and buyout by a couple million bucks doesn't mean shit to the athletic department at nebraska. There are many donors who would gladly pick up that check if they wanted him gone, same with Iowa and any other top 25 P5 school. I don't think you understand the magnitude of major P5 athletic department budgets, even after covid.

2) It was absolutely a vote of confidence. Most fans want him gone, and (per #1 above) any other team would've fired him once a bowl game & winning season were out of reach. If Alberts didn't think he could get it done he'd have sent him packing already.
Are they still paying Pelini, Reiley, and Moos?
If so, that could hamper buying out Scotty.

Are they still paying Pelini, Reiley, and Moos?
If so, that could hamper buying out Scotty.
Not Riley or Pelini, those guys are done. Moos I'm not sure of.

But at one time not so long ago, the huskers were paying checks to 3 head football coaches and 2 AD's...

Pelini
Riley
Frost
Eichorst
Moos

...were all on the nebraska payroll at one time. Which also shows that if they wanted to boot Frost they would have. Alberts doesn't want him gone yet.

Guarantee you my connections are the deep pockets...lots of things going on in Nebraska. I understand the magnitude of big time athletics. Suh has come to my parents place many times, along with Raiola and my step brother does their finances. For your information many boosters don't want him gone. Thanks for the lesson though.

Ironically its more fun to watch Iowa play when they're behind because they seem to be more interested in pushing the ball down the field. Know what I mean?

Smothers is fast, really fast, and he's at top speed in 2 or 3 steps. Definitely potential for 70 yard runs if he splits a seam. Yes, his passing looks poor but if we aren't disciplined on D a couple long runs could put us behind the 8-ball.

It turns out he is fast but not a speedster as even our Dlinemen cut him off a few times as he tried to escape and run so they forced him out of bounds.

Ironically its more fun to watch Iowa play when they're behind because they seem to be more interested in pushing the ball down the field. Know what I mean?
The play calling on the first drive was smart, inventive, and really really aggressive. I also don't think it had much to do with being down as BF scripts out the first 10 or so plays ahead of time.

Latest posts