Starting Quarterback

Really?? That is a terrible conclusion considering Jake the Snake Christianson. Jake was not a very good passer, one good throw out of 4. Petras has been a good passer making many good throws in this 12 wins and even in some losses. He really had very few interceptions in all his starts until being way behind Purdue a few weeks ago. He did the job at Iowa State this year.

Looking at all of Kirk's qbs Petras is better than Jake, as good or better than Rudock (just not has fast), better than Beutger and a couple of other early qbs. Hardly the worst.
I’d take Beutjer. Christiansen was better only because he could run. Petras has some effect on the whole offense. The whole team perked up when he came out. An all Wildcat offense would be better than playing him.

Petras is the worst quarterback in the Ferentz era.
He's in the convo for it.. But our Oline and lack of a running game just highlights what he's not good at more. His lack of mobility and being able to throw quickly and accurately combined with everything else makes it tough for him to do well.

If he had the offense JC had to play with (and KOK calling the plays) it'd be interesting to see how we'll he'd have done. JC was the most frustrating to watch for me but part of that was the losing. I think we look past how poor Petras is because despite his play Iowa's won most of the time.

JB same thing he was on a bad Iowa team in the early KF days. I don't think he was all that good either so it is what it is. JC and Petras were fairly high recruits JC especially was and came in with some hype. Needless to say neither set the world on fire.

Petras is the worst quarterback in the Ferentz era.

I wonder how a young Ben Rothlisberger would look and do on this hawk team with little running game and about 2 seconds to throw the ball. Now I aint saying this because I think Petras is the man but that last year after the first couple of games and Kallenberger went in at right tackle things got much better and easier for Petras.

I wonder how a young Ben Rothlisberger would look and do on this hawk team with little running game and about 2 seconds to throw the ball. Now I aint saying this because I think Petras is the man but that last year after the first couple of games and Kallenberger went in at right tackle things got much better and easier for Petras.
I was at the game when a young and already fairly well known Rothlisberger came into Kinnick. He did not fare well against the Hawk D let me tell you. And of course Iowa won.

I was at the game when a young and already fairly well known Rothlisberger came into Kinnick. He did not fare well against the Hawk D let me tell you. And of course Iowa won.
Yes, I was there also and Miami of Oh got smashed. Ben is big and strong but not the fastest. But somehow he gets off throws with guys hanging on him.