Sparky's On Hwy 20 Is Toast

Fryowa

Administrator
I'm sure many of you in the western part of the state made Sparky's Sinclair on Hwy 20 north of Rockwell City a stop on your way to Iowa City a few times. It's roughly halfway for us and we stopped there every trip up and back home.

Truck fire started this morning and spread to the building; the entire thing is leveled to the ground and smoldering. Hate to see it happen.

I'm sure many of you in the western part of the state made Sparky's Sinclair on Hwy 20 north of Rockwell City a stop on your way to Iowa City a few times. It's roughly halfway for us and we stopped there every trip up and back home.

Truck fire started this morning and spread to the building; the entire thing is leveled to the ground and smoldering. Hate to see it happen.

Oh that is way too bad. They had great deep oil fried chicken pieces and tenders. And now all their chicken is cooked. They had really good chocolate on chocolate donuts also,

We have been stopping at Sparky's a lot the last 5 years after our son and his family settled in Spencer-Spirit Lake area. We will have to go to the Sparky's on hiway 71 north of there now.

Bring back memories of Brietbach's in Balltown burning to the ground, getting rebuilt, then burning again less than six months later.

It has since been rebuilt a second time without further incident. But I really loved the decor from the first rebuild. It was a rare collector's item if you were able to catch it.

Oh that is way too bad. They had great deep oil fried chicken pieces and tenders. And now all their chicken is cooked. They had really good chocolate on chocolate donuts also,

We have been stopping at Sparky's a lot the last 5 years after our son and his family settled in Spencer-Spirit Lake area. We will have to go to the Sparky's on hiway 71 north of there now.

deep oil fried chicken.. ??

is there any other kind?