Martinez is out on Friday

Are you going?

Big group of Hawk fans from my work are going but I won't make it. I'm all traveled out and I have a Thanksgiving to go to that day.
Oh yeah, heading up bright at early Friday morning. This will be my first Iowa game since the 2019 game in Lincoln. I try and go to every FB and BB game in Lincoln cause it's like a 45 minute drive 4 me.

Oh yeah, heading up bright at early Friday morning. This will be my first Iowa game since the 2019 game in Lincoln. I try and go to every FB and BB game in Lincoln cause it's like a 45 minute drive 4 me.
Better hit the wrestling meet Feb 20. Greatest college lineup in the history of the sport.

$10 for adults & $5 for kids general admission.

Martinez went something like 20-22 passing against the hawks at kinnick last year but he is up and down. He was good last week against Wisky but also just heaved two terrible picks in the 2nd half. Really good running qbs give Iowa's defensive alignment fits and like last year with martinez throwing well and running their offense was tough.

If this new qb is not a very good passer then Parker will be or should be on full run penetration, gap assignment mode, not necessarily run blitz but a guy or two can go ahead and penetrate through where an offensive linemen pulls etc without worrying about a pass play.

Hawks stop the run well on 1st and 2nd force throws and smother them.

Although I think Martinez is good for a pick or two (or three) he is also good for 3-5 scoring drives (mostly touchdowns). With Iowa's offensive woes Martinez being out is a great thing.....I see him more on the plus side of things with him in there and our offensive situation. Our defense should be licking their chops to get after their backup.

Anyone saying this is bad for Iowa is joking themselves. Martinez can cause the Hawks fits and if he has an 'ON' game my bet is the 6 year win streak would be over. Give me the freshman greenhorn anyday.....
Exactly what ignorant Minnesota fans said when Padilla got named QB1. How did that turn out for them?

This sucks, I wanted Iowa to beat Nebraska WITH Martinez as their starting QB. Now if Iowa wins they will use this as an excuse.
True, but if our O continues to pull its head out of its arse (play calling), and is impressive against their D, that’d take away their story.

Without seeing their back up QB, I have no idea how this goes. One has to think he was behind Martinez because Martinez was better. We will see Friday how Frosty has coached up the #2 if this is how it shakes out. I'm thinking he is going to turn it over a couple of times and Iowa moves to 10 - 2.

Looks to be a dual threat guy. Very highly regarded recruit, but very little college level experience.

I'd run him a lot. A mobile QB can find cheap yards against our defensive system.

Better hit the wrestling meet Feb 20. Greatest college lineup in the history of the sport.

$10 for adults & $5 for kids general admission.
I love your excitement for Iowa wrestling but we should hold off on naming them the greatest lineup in the history of the sport. This same Iowa team had one National Champ last year. I recall a couple seasons when Iowa brought home 5 titles..(you were probably too young to remember).The current team has a lot to prove & I think they can do it!)

I checked their roster, and they have SIX quarterbacks on the roster. Is that normal? I don't remember Iowa ever having more than 4.
Nebraska always has a huge roster with a ridiculous amount of walk-ons.

Iowa currently has 126 players listed on their roster; nebraska has 165. Proportionally, 6 QBs is the same as Iowa.

Latest posts