Martinez is out on Friday

Dang. I knew he'd been pretty banged up and had been playing hurt for awhile. I know less then nothing about their #2 qb. But if he's a mobile guy with somewhat of an arm we could make him look decent. Here's to hoping he plays like Petras

It will be their freshman qb's first start. He will come out looking like prime Peyton Manning. We are fucked.
probably, but Smoothers has really only shown he can run the ball in his limited action and the spring game. I feel like AM was the only person I was truly worried about this week. IMO, it's a huge loss for Nebraska. Now, can our staff figure out a way to f that up and make it a close game? Prolly

What's the rule when ruling players out such as a QB in college? Could Nebby come back on Wednesay ro Thursday and say, well he's good to go actually. This after a team prepares for a back-up. Could Nebby be this slimy to pull this?

Boy, this would really get KF blood boiling. It'd almost be worth it to see how KF would respond!!

I don’t necessarily like the feeling of this. This has a Drew Bledsoe feel to it in a bad way.

nebraska fans have been wishing for this all year.

And…look how well it turned out for us when our starter went down with a shoulder injury. I’m pretty sure MN thought it’d be an easier game once Padilla got named QB1.

Game just got much more difficult. 2nd string QBs are always better than the starters.

All joking aside though. Short weak and very little film on their backup could give us headaches.

I don’t necessarily like the feeling of this. This has a Drew Bledsoe feel to it in a bad way.

nebraska fans have been wishing for this all year.

And…look how well it turned out for us when our starter went down with a shoulder injury. I’m pretty sure MN thought it’d be an easier game once Padilla got named QB1.

I get that, I really do, but in Iowa's case, Petras wasn't playing well and it was to the point where trying something different couldn't hurt. Martinez is the school's all time leader in offense and has had great games against Iowa in his career. Doesn't mean Iowa won't F it up, cause I never put that past us, but IMO I feel a heck of a lot better heading down to Lincoln now.

This sucks, I wanted Iowa to beat Nebraska WITH Martinez as their starting QB. Now if Iowa wins they will use this as an excuse.

I get that, I really do, but in Iowa's case, Petras wasn't playing well and it was to the point where trying something different couldn't hurt. Martinez is the school's all time leader in offense and has had great games against Iowa in his career. Doesn't mean Iowa won't F it up, cause I never put that past us, but IMO I feel a heck of a lot better heading down to Lincoln now.
Are you going?

Big group of Hawk fans from my work are going but I won't make it. I'm all traveled out and I have a Thanksgiving to go to that day.