Just beat those freaking cats game thread

Give the kid some more reps and I think a lot of people will be saying why wasn’t this kid playing before at QB.
I know some will say “yeah but it’s Northwestern”. Yeah

Not really. Both Purdue and Wisconsin and Purdue have to lose two games.

Four-way tie at 4-2

We have the gophers at Kinnick

Purdue has to play at Ohio State

Wisconsin has the easy road to the West title

They play at Minnesota

Still in play if we win out

Are you saying that if Purdue loses to ohio st that loss doesnt count against Purdue in the standings??? Hello Mcfly of course any big 10 loss counts against you in your division even if is against and East Div foe. It has always been that way. Otherwise we wouldnt give a shit about playing teams from the EasT. That is why it was disappointing for Sparty to lose to Purdue today because it would have put Purdue behind us in the standings.
someone been drinking

Look, glad we got the win. But we STRUGGLED to beat a lowly 3-6 Northwestern team, so keep it in perspective.
Yes Northwestern is strugggling this year for sure.

It was a win though and who knows how well Pad will do moving forward. Hopefully the kid takes offf from here.

Four-way tie at 4-2

We have the gophers at Kinnick

Purdue has to play at Ohio State

Wisconsin has the easy road to the West title

They play at Minnesota

Still in play if we win out
With a 4 - way tie, overall conference record goes first, then in division record, which puts Iowa in 3rd in line for Indy, I think.

Defense played ok in the game that I saw. Padilla won, but that stat line didn't look any different than Petras. Still good to win on the road. Need somebody to knock off Wisconsin to control our own destiny.

Bottom line

We won the game

It was an entertaining game to watch

All the better leaving NW with a win
Well I am excited to see how Pad plays next game. The line was blocking better this game on the pass rush. Hopefully they are turning the corner on pass blocking. Run blocking is still a work in progress but slightly better this game.

I don’t know why some of you keep down playing this win. I don’t give a shit what their record is, a win is a win. I had this game as a loss before the season started and Iowa was coming off a 2 game losing streak. Hopefully this win gets them back going. I’m feeling better about Minnesota next weekend.

Look people NW, just played their best game of the year, as always against us, now we go home and play a injured Minnie team that just lost to Illinoy. I like our chance and then Illinoy's at home. I like our chances to at least tie for the title and lose by tiebreaker. Then we don't have to play Ohio State.

I thought Wisconsin had only one loss in the conference and the other losses were outside of the conference. I forgot also that Purdue lost after they beat us.

Go figure Purdue? What is with that team? How do you upset top five teams and then lose to weak teams like they do.

So you guys are right, but Wisconsin has a very favorable schedule and we are going to need help.

Last edited:
With a 4 - way tie, overall conference record goes first, then in division record, which puts Iowa in 3rd in line for Indy, I think.

Defense played ok in the game that I saw. Padilla won, but that stat line didn't look any different than Petras. Still good to win on the road. Need somebody to knock off Wisconsin to control our own destiny.

Won't be a four-way tie at the end of the season

All the badgers have to do is win out

Their conference ending game at Minnesota will determine the winner of the
West division

Of course, we must beat the gophers next week at Kinnick

Latest posts