Wisconsin opens as a 2.5 favorite

I understand the thought process of making Wisconsin the favorite. It only makes sense when looking at the facts. Wisconsin has beaten at the time two top ten ranked teams and two other ranked team. Plus Wisconsin is currently ranked number 9 in the country. Iowa isn’t even ranked in the top twenty………….. duh!!!!

In back to back weeks, Top 10 teams underdogs to their unranked opponents on the road. Hopefully, Kirk and Son has used their 2 weeks wisely and not suffer the same fate as Okie St.

History would suggest Iowa will run the same offense they've always ran. I wish, but don't see them trying anything different, like Purdue did against Iowa. I'm not suggesting 3 QB's by the way, just saying try something, anything new on offense.

Again, historically speaking, don't see that happening.

I understand the thought process of making Wisconsin the favorite. It only makes sense when looking at the facts. Wisconsin has beaten at the time two top ten ranked teams and two other ranked team. Plus Wisconsin is currently ranked number 9 in the country. Iowa isn’t even ranked in the top twenty………….. duh!!!!
No I am not drunk. “Sarcasm”. I deliberately stated it backwards to make a point. How bad is it when we have one of the best defenses in the country and we are about to go up against a Wisconsin team that is below their average type of team and many are thinking we will be lucky to win. Seriously?

I know our offense is the problem at this point and I hope we see a significant improvement on Saturday.

The one thing I haven't seen addressed is with all the focus on Wiscy's rushing game what happens (a) if we make them one dimensional and take away the run and (b) if we get them in a position where they're playing from behind by multiple scores.

I'm not saying it'll happen or that its likely, but I'd take my chances with Petras leading a team with no rushing attack if I had to choose between him and Mertz. Call me crazy, but if both running games are bottled up I like our chances even if we can't get Goodson going at all, if our defense is playing lights out.

I don't think I've ever agreed with something more in my life.
I don't give him shit about it; he's 14 and I say whatever floats your boat. Might as well be a kid and do goofy shit while you can :)

When he was little he saw the coveralls on TV all the time and always wanted a pair because he thought they were cool.

I don't give him shit about it; he's 14 and I say whatever floats your boat. Might as well be a kid and do goofy shit while you can :)

When he was little he saw the coveralls on TV all the time and always wanted a pair because he thought they were cool.
With you 100% as I've got an 11, 7 and 2 year old so I totally know where your coming from. That said what you do is wait till he get's old enough to realize they're absolutely hideous and hold that shit against him until something else comes along.

With you 100% as I've got an 11, 7 and 2 year old so I totally know where your coming from. That said what you do is wait till he get's old enough to realize they're absolutely hideous and hold that shit against him until something else comes along.
Trust me there are plenty of pictures...

As much as I hate some outfits (corncob hats, sport coats in school colors, shirts not in school color, anything red) I fully support the fans right to choose.

The one thing I haven't seen addressed is with all the focus on Wiscy's rushing game what happens (a) if we make them one dimensional and take away the run and (b) if we get them in a position where they're playing from behind by multiple scores.

I'm not saying it'll happen or that its likely, but I'd take my chances with Petras leading a team with no rushing attack if I had to choose between him and Mertz. Call me crazy, but if both running games are bottled up I like our chances even if we can't get Goodson going at all, if our defense is playing lights out.

Good thoughts. The hawks can have 3 big, fast linebackers in the game to help plug those run gaps. I really think our DLIne needs to get across the LOS, beat Wisky's Oline off the ball, and get some penetration. That penetration does several things. 1. Wisky likes to pull their guards and penetration can mess that up, 2. Running backs who have to stop and stutter step in the backfield are a much easier target to tackle, and 3. historically with Fry and Kirk's teams when they have gotten penetration against really good running teams, like with Wisconsin with some of their top backs of the last 30 years, have done very well in shutting down those teams.

And it would be great for the hawks to have a 11+ point lead when our defense is playing great especially if Kirk doesnt go into a total offensive turtle shell.

Attack the badgers and beat them bad hawks

Good thoughts. The hawks can have 3 big, fast linebackers in the game to help plug those run gaps. I really think our DLIne needs to get across the LOS, beat Wisky's Oline off the ball, and get some penetration. That penetration does several things. 1. Wisky likes to pull their guards and penetration can mess that up, 2. Running backs who have to stop and stutter step in the backfield are a much easier target to tackle, and 3. historically with Fry and Kirk's teams when they have gotten penetration against really good running teams, like with Wisconsin with some of their top backs of the last 30 years, have done very well in shutting down those teams.

And it would be great for the hawks to have a 11+ point lead when our defense is playing great especially if Kirk doesnt go into a total offensive turtle shell.

Attack the badgers and beat them bad hawks
I have more confidence in Parker's defense doing that than Brian's offense suddenly coming together for a complete game, although stranger things have happened.

So, Iowa has had 2 weeks to come up with a game plan to beat Wisconsin. What are the odds fans will see something new on offense or defense? My guess is a 10% chance of something new. I think it'll be the same old thing and Iowa will hope for a plus turnover margin.

We will be in trouble if Petras is on his back most of the game. If Petras is given time his arm can get the ball where it needs to go. If he is rushed then not so much.

I have more confidence in Parker's defense doing that than Brian's offense suddenly coming together for a complete game, although stranger things have happened.

In the last 3 games against Wisky especially in 2018 and 2019 the hawks were controlling and had a good lead in 2018 and were a 2 pt conversion from tying the game late in 2019. And the hawks won big last year scoring a good number of points. So Iowa's offense has put up an average of about 20-23 points over the last 3 games.

So I think the offense might be able to generate enough offense to make the Wisky defense sellout and maybe get beat by some big plays like TTracy's 2019 really long TD catch and pass and last year's TGoodson nearly 80 yard TD run.

Never thought I would ask this question before, but who scores more points tomorrow? The Iowa offense or the Iowa defense? Which of the two would you prefer to score the most points? Now that will make you think.

Never thought I would ask this question before, but who scores more points tomorrow? The Iowa offense or the Iowa defense? Which of the two would you prefer to score the most points? Now that will make you think.
I think I would like to see the defense score more points. Mostly because I dont think the offense is going to do much unless they get short fields to work with. I think its time for a couple pick sixes...................