I have to ask it....does Iowa win the West?

HaydenHawk56

I do not want to be knee jerk here and this one really hurts....and Brohm is a wizard against Ferentz as it turns out.

But,

Wisconsin: On the road and a defense that is good against a regressing Iowa Offense.
Minnesota: Well, we own them, but they are winning games.
Northwestern: Another coach that owns Iowa in Fitz, but can they lose to this horrible edition of Northwestern?
Illinois: Another coach that owns Kirk....but also a terrible team.
Nebraska: They have more than enough if Iowa trots out today's team.

From #2 to worried.

Another thing to note.......with the exception of the Purdue endzone snafo.......no interceptions out of the Iowa defense.....very little Purdue penalties (although horrible officiating today). Today we saw what happens when things are not rolling on defense.

Based on what I saw today and watching other teams from the West. No.

Almost no room for error now. Can't really lose another game, and maybe I'm just shook from this debacle, but I'd be surprised if we even go 3-2.

I'm quite unoptimistic currently.

Today was rough to watch.

Based on what I saw today and watching other teams from the West. No.

Almost no room for error now. Can't really lose another game, and maybe I'm just shook from this debacle, but I'd be surprised if we even go 3-2.

I'm quite unoptimistic currently.

Today was rough to watch.
I know Walker, it really hurts.......but it sure feels like Iowa is regressing. Kind of feels like when the basketball team got up to #3 in the country (or something like that) when they had JU going off. Then they proceed to fall apart.

I sure hope it is not the case, but I really wonder if we peaked last week....along with a tremendous great football play/gift by Campbell to knock out Clifford.

I would feel more optimistic if the defense looked like the defense of the prior 6 games. But, today felt like the Iowa defense we are accustomed to in Big Games......can't get the other team off the field in 3rd and long situations.

Crystal ball is cloudy right now. Had we made adjustments and maybe gotten a little closer in the second half, i might be more optimistic.

The only potential positive would have been the offense airing it out a bit, we know it can’t now.

playing like they did today they can lose to anyone remaining on their schedule. Today’s team wouldn’t have beaten Northwestern.

Confidence took a bit of a hit today, but I'm still at a "probably".

With regards to Iowa football, my experience is that things are rarely as good OR bad as they seem.

I think things got a bit out of hand today. Off day for the offense and a red hot Purdue QB.

Hopefully the bye week will be good for us. I think you gotta root for Wisconsin to get themselves in a real knock down drag out @ Purdue next weekend. For one thing, that would make our loss today look better. For another thing, I kind of like the idea of facing a gassed Wisconsin while we are coming off a bye.

No. To me today's game sure looked like Iowa was undertalented on defense and offense. I think it's more likely that PSU, Indiana, and ISU were covid frauds, and we vaulted off of wins over them to get where we were.

That's a really tough pill to swallow after 6 wins.

7 points. That's very pathetic.

If they had played a lot better coming into this game, things would be different. It was quite obvious they weren't the number 2 team. I see them losing the west via tie breaker and that's sad because the Big West is just absolutely terrible.

Iowa has been through an emotional and physical past few weeks. They have 2 weeks to recharge and figure some stuff out. Riley Moss should be back and a lot of players can heal. Kirk will get this train back o the tracks. Next 5 games are easily winnable. Not 1 of the 5 teams have a WR by the name of David Bell on their roster.

The West is still Iowa"s to lose. Expectations are more realistic now for Iowa. Chances of making the CFP are pretty much gone. Iowa can now turn its attention to the more realistic goal of winning the West.

Iowa needs to finish strong against Wiscy, NW, Minny, ILL and Neb. Purdue still has to play Wiscy, Neb, OSU, MSU and Ind. Purdue is going to lose at least twice more.

Really Iowa just needs to beat Minny & Wisc and then beat 2 out of the other 3 teams left on the schedule and should be able to win the West with a 7-2 record.

Yes.

Based on the West being really bad. Can Iowa take advantage of being the only decent team in the West? It remains to be seen.

Yes.

Based on the West being really bad. Can Iowa take advantage of being the only decent team in the West? It There is talent, but it needs to be utilized remains to be seen.
If they can’t then it is on the coaching

I do not want to be knee jerk here and this one really hurts....and Brohm is a wizard against Ferentz as it turns out.

But,

Wisconsin: On the road and a defense that is good against a regressing Iowa Offense.
Minnesota: Well, we own them, but they are winning games.
Northwestern: Another coach that owns Iowa in Fitz, but can they lose to this horrible edition of Northwestern?
Illinois: Another coach that owns Kirk....but also a terrible team.
Nebraska: They have more than enough if Iowa trots out today's team.

From #2 to worried.

Another thing to note.......with the exception of the Purdue endzone snafo.......no interceptions out of the Iowa defense.....very little Purdue penalties (although horrible officiating today). Today we saw what happens when things are not rolling on defense.

8 - 4