Wisconsin @ Purdue next weekend

Luftgekuehlt67

I'm sure some of you already knew this, but Wisconsin plays at Purdue next weekend. That will be some must see bye week TV, I think.

If Wisconsin mops the floor with Purdue, I might cry.

I'm sure some of you already knew this, but Wisconsin plays at Purdue next weekend. That will be some must see bye week TV, I think.

If Wisconsin mops the floor with Purdue, I might cry.

Well at this point we better hope Wisky beats PU. Wisky has two losses and Purdue only one and PU has the tiebreaker on Iowa. So however many losses Iowa has PU has to have at least one more for Iowa to be ahead of PU and maybe win the West Div. Face it we almost have to win at Wisconsin now so who cares if they win at Purdue.

PU's remaining schedule is not that tough except for maybe Wisky.

Well at this point we better hope Wisky beats PU. Wisky has two losses and Purdue only one and PU has the tiebreaker on Iowa. So however many losses Iowa has PU has to have at least one more for Iowa to be ahead of PU and maybe win the West Div. Face it we almost have to win at Wisconsin now so who cares if they win at Purdue.

Wrong!
Ohio State

Relax Purdue plays OSU on the road and MSU. Plus Nebby and Wisc. They win those and they deserve the West title.

Minnesota actually has the better schedule. We need to beat them and take care of business or we may be down the list in the west.

A Purdue win drops Wisky to 3 losses and essentially out of the Big Ten West race.

Motivation wise, that could be good for Iowa.

This game really is a win/win for Iowa. Wisconsin wins and it gives Purdue another loss. A Purdue win knocks Wisky out of the West race.

In either case, Iowa really needs to win the Wisconsin game....just a Wisconsin win against Purdue gives Iowa some more breathing room.

This game really is a win/win for Iowa. Wisconsin wins and it gives Purdue another loss. A Purdue win knocks Wisky out of the West race.

In either case, Iowa really needs to win the Wisconsin game....just a Wisconsin win against Purdue gives Iowa some more breathing room.
This^^^

Either one winning does good things for Iowa. I’m inclined to root for Wisconsin because that would leave not breathing room after a Purdue loss. OTOH, Purdue still has at least two losses on its schedule anyway so it’s probably a wash.

Ahh F it. Go Purdue I guess.

This^^^

Either one winning does good things for Iowa. I’m inclined to root for Wisconsin because that would leave not breathing room after a Purdue loss. OTOH, Purdue still has at least two losses on its schedule anyway so it’s probably a wash.

Ahh F it. Go Purdue I guess.
Ya....another way to give even more clarity on this is if Wisconsin beats Purdue although that gives us more breathing room on Purdue (which in reality we will more than likely have more breathing room on them with the schedule they still have to face probably 2 more loses with one being Ohio St) it keeps Wisconsin in the race. The stakes for Iowa go up considerably for the Wisconsin game. If Iowa loses to Wisconsin...suddenly now 2 teams have tie breakers on them and Wisconsin has to lose another game as well...along with Iowa having to run the rest of their schedule without a loss. We should be Purdue fans this week imho in picking one of two scenarios. Both cases are a win/win but Iowa needs to beat Wisconsin...especially if Wisconsin beats Purdue for ultimately it to be a win/win. Iowa has to do it's part.

Last edited:

Latest posts