Has anyone actually charted the "injuries"?

Luftgekuehlt67

I did the first half on a whim, but would be surprised if someone else hasn't already done this (better).

I did defensive "injuries" only.

1Q 13:07
#97 down. Has not returned by end of 2Q.

1Q 3:13
Big Goodson run, #1 down. Returns after 1 play.

2Q 7:52
Hawks really moving the ball, #91 down. Returns at 2Q 1:31.

2Q 5:20
Bruce 1st down pickup on screen, #0 down. Has not returned by end of 2Q, but I think he may be a situational player.

Posted in an earlier thread - "Franklin calls out Hawk fans" also.
Game Time
PSU Player #
PSU Player Name
Down
Injury
Did player return to action?
13:12 Q1​
97 – Defense​
Mustipher​
Iowa 1st & 10, run play for -1 yards​
Left leg/knee from block by Linderbaum​
Did not return​
4:02 Q1​
13 – Offense​
Lambert-Smith​
PSU 2nd & 8 Iowa 37. 33 yard pass/catch​
Left leg from low tackle​
Returned 1st play of the next series, played rest of way​
3:14 Q1​
1 – Defense​
Brister​
Iowa 1st & 10 Iowa 25, run play for 19 yards​
Shoulder or head – high hit on tackle of Goodson​
Back in after missing 1 play, played rest of way​
12;35 Q2​
14 – Offense​
Clifford​
PSU 3rd & 7 Iowa 14, incomplete pass​
Ribs – hard hit by Campbell​
Did not return​
7:52 Q2​
91 – Defense​
Ellis​
Iowa 1st & 10 PSU 16, run play for 4 yards​
Left elbow/arm, in on tackle of Goodson – it's possible PSU #16 fell on his arm during tackle​
Returned 1st series of Q3, played rest of way​
5:39 Q2​
0 – Defense​
Sutherland​
Iowa 1st & 10 Iowa 36, WR screen for 11 yards​
Shoulder or upper body – hard, high block from 73-Iowa​
Did not return​
5:29 Q3​
17 – Defense​
Ebiketie​
Iowa 1st & 10 Iowa 36, run play for 18 yards​
Opposite side of play, not involved in tackle, no one around him, not touched​
Back in after missing 4 plays, played rest of way​

I did the first half on a whim, but would be surprised if someone else hasn't already done this (better).

I did defensive "injuries" only.

1Q 13:07
#97 down. Has not returned by end of 2Q.

1Q 3:13
Big Goodson run, #1 down. Returns after 1 play.

2Q 7:52
Hawks really moving the ball, #91 down. Returns at 2Q 1:31.

2Q 5:20
Bruce 1st down pickup on screen, #0 down. Has not returned by end of 2Q, but I think he may be a situational player.

I wasn't there so I'm just wondering what was happening in the stands after each one. I know you often hear a few scattered boos these days when payers go down and they dissipate quickly.

gee, seems like PSU got pretty beat up on Saturday

Posted in an earlier thread - "Franklin calls out Hawk fans" also.
Game Time
PSU Player #
PSU Player Name
Down
Injury
Did player return to action?
13:12 Q1​
97 – Defense​
Mustipher​
Iowa 1st & 10, run play for -1 yards​
Left leg/knee from block by Linderbaum​
Did not return​
4:02 Q1​
13 – Offense​
Lambert-Smith​
PSU 2nd & 8 Iowa 37. 33 yard pass/catch​
Left leg from low tackle​
Returned 1st play of the next series, played rest of way​
3:14 Q1​
1 – Defense​
Brister​
Iowa 1st & 10 Iowa 25, run play for 19 yards​
Shoulder or head – high hit on tackle of Goodson​
Back in after missing 1 play, played rest of way​
12;35 Q2​
14 – Offense​
Clifford​
PSU 3rd & 7 Iowa 14, incomplete pass​
Ribs – hard hit by Campbell​
Did not return​
7:52 Q2​
91 – Defense​
Ellis​
Iowa 1st & 10 PSU 16, run play for 4 yards​
Left elbow/arm, in on tackle of Goodson – it's possible PSU #16 fell on his arm during tackle​
Returned 1st series of Q3, played rest of way​
5:39 Q2​
0 – Defense​
Sutherland​
Iowa 1st & 10 Iowa 36, WR screen for 11 yards​
Shoulder or upper body – hard, high block from 73-Iowa​
Did not return​
5:29 Q3​
17 – Defense​
Ebiketie​
Iowa 1st & 10 Iowa 36, run play for 18 yards​
Opposite side of play, not involved in tackle, no one around him, not touched​
Back in after missing 4 plays, played rest of way​

good work.

I wasn't there so I'm just wondering what was happening in the stands after each one. I know you often hear a few scattered boos these days when payers go down and they dissipate quickly.
Couple things…

1) Fans were amped. The booing about the ball falling off the tee was just college football. I don’t know why Franklin bitched about that, it happens to the visiting team any time a ball falls off a tee. It’s gamesmanship.

2) There was plenty of booze flowing in Iowa City. Afternoon game, biggest game in almost 4 decades by a long shot, beautiful weather, people were hammered.

3) Hawkeye fans hate Penn State and were sick of constantly losing to a team that they don’t like, and the pedo thing is always going to be what PSU is remembered for. They have a tarnished reputation as a slimy program and unfortunately for Franklin that’s never ever going to change.

4) The injuries happened at the most inopportune time for the Hawkeyes. Franklin himself admitted that it looked bad.

This reminds me of personal accounts of war or battles. Hard to get one unified view of what happened as different people saw / heard different things. Did some Iowa fans boo injured players... I'll bet some did. What is a lot? ... I don't know I wasn't there. Did Iowa boo players who sat down? YES they did, they smelled a rat.

I have heard contradicting versions of whether Mustifer was booed, he was the first PSU player hurt at 13:12 in the 1Q. So I just played my recording of the game to check.

You can hear a small smattering of boos while Mustifer was on the ground, but not its not as loud as the boos later in the game. This is probably why there is confusion on whether he was booed or not..

I have heard contradicting versions of whether Mustifer was booed, he was the first PSU player hurt at 13:12 in the 1Q. So I just played my recording of the game to check.

You can hear a small smattering of boos while Mustifer was on the ground, but not its not as loud as the boos later in the game. This is probably why there is confusion on whether he was booed or not..
I was at the game, and he was clapped off the field in our section. Dunno why anyone would be booing at that point.

You ever get the spinning circle when you are watching Netflix/Prime? That's kinda what it felt like when the ball fell off the tee or when some of the injuries occurred in the second half. Fans were restless, and it's laughable to think those from other teams wouldn't have been doing the EXACT same thing.

That being said, KF made it into a lot bigger story with his comments on Tuesday, and I am inclined to disagree with him while still rooting for a rule change that requires the injured player to remain out the whole series.

We need to add Franklin, himself, to the list. Not sure if butthurt or pride, but definitely still feeling it this late into their bye week. That or maybe he's just faking it.

Franklin…. For just a moment, let’s assume PSU wasn’t faking injuries. When he took his beef public in the post game conference, what was he expecting KF to do. No head coach is going to throw shade on his fan base especially after a game where the fans had a huge hand in creating a victory. I’m sure he had KFs number and could have called and said he may not be Kirk’s cup of tea, but he doesn’t coach flopping, screw you, and see in two years.

You Would think after the press conferences, you’d let the issue die and let the fan Trolls talk smack for a week. But he goes out and defends his character in just a real dick way. This whole exchange is clearly still eating at him. I don’t get what Franklin is trying to accomplish at this point. He’s clearly not going to get an apology from KF or anyone in the Iowa athletic department. So, why is he still going full public with his beef?

My own suspicion is that the injuries are more severe than Franklin is letting on. Mustipher is out the season. if Clifford broke ribs, he’s not going to be back in time for tOSU in 3 weeks. Sounds like PSU’s RB room is getting very thin as well. Maybe Franklin is just real salty because PSU didn’t just loose the battle, but the war as well.

My take is it was a deflection by Franklin. Now everyone is spending time talking about this as opposed to talking about the qb or the blown lead. Plus it highlights the injuries as their reason for the L for the pollsters. Everyone will remember this game as the game psu had a ton of injuries when considering psu placement at end of season. And everyone bought into it.

My take is it was a deflection by Franklin. Now everyone is spending time talking about this as opposed to talking about the qb or the blown lead. Plus it highlights the injuries as their reason for the L for the pollsters. Everyone will remember this game as the game psu had a ton of injuries when considering psu placement at end of season. And everyone bought into it.
That’s an interesting hypothesis. I don’t know if I believe Franklin is that savvy for such a scheme. He always comes across as self serving and short sighted to me.

Kirk shoulda pulled a Hayden Fry after a Northwestern Game during the handshake. Only instead of saying "I hope we didn't hurt any of your boys" change it to "I'm sorry we hurt so many of your boys."

My own suspicion is that the injuries are more severe than Franklin is letting on. Mustipher is out the season. if Clifford broke ribs, he’s not going to be back in time for tOSU in 3 weeks. Sounds like PSU’s RB room is getting very thin as well. Maybe Franklin is just real salty because PSU didn’t just loose the battle, but the war as well.
And that's from a team with one of the nation's most fertile recruiting grounds. I can see that happening at other places but not Sandusky U.