Clone hate is brutal

Scott Leclair

Not for nothing but referring to Kirk as “KKKirk” is pretty low. Especially coming from the CF founder and a business man Jeremy Lind ( if that is who really posted this comment) in my opinion.

Attachments

• EDDC799F-0274-4178-8191-62894BA8B533.jpeg
    EDDC799F-0274-4178-8191-62894BA8B533.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 45
Not for nothing but referring to Kirk as “KKKirk” is pretty low. Especially coming from the CF founder and a business man Jeremy Lind ( if that is who really posted this comment) in my opinion.
Well, that's what teams are referring to Iowa as on the recruiting trail, I guarantee it. You expected fans to be better than that?

Well, that's what teams are referring to Iowa as on the recruiting trail, I guarantee it. You expected fans to be better than that?
This is the same fanbase that doesn't seem to understand Ferentzball after seeing it every year for twenty years. They're all sputtering about how amazing their defense is without realizing that a head coach who doesn't let his offense play when ahead isn't perhaps the best sample to draw that conclusion from.

Wish I could be surprised... Clones fans are the worst. They deserve every bit of grief that comes their way today.

Maybe they should be more worried about their own coach. He literally quit on his own team early in the 4th q by benching Purdy how he did. He's their Heisman canidate right? KF might not be the best at handling QBs but he sure as hell wouldn't have done what he did...

Ah who cares. And after this year any recruiting damage or issues should be much less. The last two years may be some of Ferentz's best coaching years, with what the program has had to battle and as pointed above, the negative focus on Iowa as far as recruiting.

The drop of the Big 12 to essentially group of 5 status is going to be a death knell to ISU recruiting. Sucks for them as it was completely out of their control and has nothing to do with how they have been handling their business. But Iowa is going to be the beneficiary, and they have helped to build the advantage by beating ISU in 6 straight contests. Now they need to get the offense going so that difference-making skill players want to come here.

I don't think potential recruits pay any attention to most of this stuff. You have to sell your own program. Trashing the other guy seems phony to most recruits, in my humble opinion. They see right through it.

The drop of the Big 12 to essentially group of 5 status is going to be a death knell to ISU recruiting.
This. They are in a conference now with no TV network, no marquee matchups w/o UT and OU, too much travel distance for visiting fans (Provo, Utah? LOL), and a bunch of little 40,000 seat stadiums.

Oh, and all of those points I mentioned above...

Those are the exact definition of G5 conferences.

How you gonna get kids to come play in Lames when not all of their games are going to be on national TV, or worse yet starting on a weekday at 8:30 PM our time? I bet the BYU tailgates are really fun...should be able to get recruits jazzed up when they see that on TV (if it's even on TV). I mean hell, ISU is "P5" right now and they can't even get off ESPN+ for their season opener. Fans literally had to pay $10 to watch their shitbird team play an instate school on TV.

Hey ISU travelling fans, maybe if you're really sneaky you can smuggle some caffeine into the Joseph Smith Memorial Parking Lot and get Steve Young to autograph your Book of Mormon. It's gonna be a real barn burner when UCF fans have to fly 1,900 miles to Desert Wasteland, USA for a Thursday night game 3 time zones away.

I don't think potential recruits pay any attention to most of this stuff. You have to sell your own program. Trashing the other guy seems phony to most recruits, in my humble opinion. They see right through it.
If you think Iowa's guys aren't mentioning the negatives of other programs you're nuts. You think when recruits go visit with current players that those players aren't bashing the shit out of whoever else is in a kid's top 3? Of course they are.

I think the allegations did have an effect with recruits the last couple cycles for Iowa. I know from articles many stated that it is a topic of discussion or concern for them. They definitely had to deal with it and some repercussions.

As you point out, I think it is often overblown and as you state the school needs to sell its program, but, the Iowa situation was a bit different as there were severe allegations and Iowa was in the cross hairs point blank.

If you think Iowa's guys aren't mentioning the negatives of other programs you're nuts. You think when recruits go visit with current players that those players aren't bashing the shit out of whoever else is in a kid's top 3? Of course they are.
Well I agree with you that the players do it. No question about that.

But I really do believe that the recruits start to wonder when the coaches do it. The coaches have to sell their OWN program.

I've been through it with a very close relative of mine so I'll leave it at that. Negative recruiting has been going on for decades and decades. His decision came down to Iowa and Iowa State. Iowa State used negative recruiting. Iowa's coaches did not. He chose Iowa. I know it is a small sample size, but it did happen.

These kids aren't stupid. I would like to think that Iowa has plenty of positives to sell to the elite players, and I think the Iowa coaches do a good job of doing that.

I think that the only thing that I'm worried about on the recruiting trail right now is....When will Kirk retire? I'm sure opposing schools are trying to use that. Kirk, I'm convinced, can refute it.

I think it's a pretty widely held consensus the Iowa football program needed to make some changes. Not only did they do it, but they did it with speed, dignity, transparency, and without so much as a hiccup in on-field results.

There isn't a nickname in the world that would change how I feel about Kirk Ferentz right now. ISU has their best coach in program history and they *still* can't keep up with us. I dunno, I'm not perfect, I might resort to nicknames, too.

I’m amazed at how many posters over at CryFan are now saying they want the game dropped, when just a couple days ago they were making fun of those of us who think Iowa should get rid of it.

I think we’ve found the attrition threshold of their fans. 7 years.

7 glorious years.
It is a little funny. There was quite the "why don't we drop the series?" buzz around HN during the 5 year McCarney run. "Nothing to gain, everything to lose" kind of thing. I think now, as then, that there is an element of frustration-based exaggeration to that, but I think you can probably make a decent fact-based case that, in direct material terms, historically over the years Iowa has lost more from losing to ISU than we've gained by beating them.

CryFan wanting to drop the series because they can't figure out how to beat us though? That's just sad.

It is a little funny. There was quite the "why don't we drop the series?" buzz around HN during the 5 year McCarney run. "Nothing to gain, everything to lose" kind of thing. I think now, as then, that there is an element of frustration-based exaggeration to that, but I think you can probably make a decent fact-based case that, in direct material terms, historically over the years Iowa has lost more from losing to ISU than we've gained by beating them.

CryFan wanting to drop the series because they can't figure out how to beat us though? That's just sad.
I'm still in favor of dropping it, though.

Dropping it after 6 in a row would be pretty hilarious. And it's a perfect time to drop it. ISU's conference is going to be fading into obscurity and it would be a great "official" excuse. We can act like we're above playing their team every year. Which I suppose we are for right now.

I’m amazed at how many posters over at CryFan are now saying they want the game dropped, when just a couple days ago they were making fun of those of us who think Iowa should get rid of it.

I think we’ve found the attrition threshold of their fans. 7 years.

7 glorious years.
Yea, that doesn't make much sense from where they are coming from. Their conference is imploding and they are being relegated to a pretty much "Rest of 6" status or whatever non-P5 is. One would think they'd want to at least keep any P5 non-conf school on the schedule to boost their ratings.

Way to forward think State fan!! Geesh!

I went through their game thread on Saturday night and it was a let down. They did bash their team, but their assessment was very accurate. They were mad at Campbell for trying to out-Ferentz Ferentz. They were very complimentary of our defense and kept talking about how they were getting out-coached. Also talked about how the biggest difference between the two teams is that we're so much more disciplined than them. They ripped on Purdy pretty good and loved the benching but still think he's the guy going forward. I was disappointed in the lack of delusion.

Latest posts