OFFICIAL 2021 CUBS BASEBALL THREAD

A professional know what to do with a seven run lead.

Arrieta, for everything he meant to the 2016 Cubs, is no longer a professional. That was the final straw. That bullpen will get rocked in Cincinnati this weekend because its getting used too much.
I'm tossing Bryant in that WS team. He has got to be the biggest sissy to ever play baseball. Every time he falls down he can't play the next day. One thing for sure is he would never be a catcher.

I'm tossing Bryant in that WS team. He has got to be the biggest sissy to ever play baseball. Every time he falls down he can't play the next day. One thing for sure is he would never be a catcher.
If you are old enough to remember, he reminds me of Fred Lynn. Had a couple golden years, but couldn't play hurt. And he got hurt a lot.

I haven't posted here much this year as I seem to have lost my enthusiasm for the Cubs (and I've been a lifelong fan). I watch a game here and there and wonder if there are any hitters on this team. Seems like every one of the leftovers from the WS team has regressed. Most of these guys should be coming into their prime, but instead seem to be on their way out. It looks like a total rebuild is in order, which is a sad situation for us Cub fans who went through some pretty dark days the last time.

Not a good situation when you are suddenly down six games and the team you are chasing has beat you like a rented mule all season.

Cubs still have seven left with Milwaukee so that six game deficit is more like eight or nine. Unless they can somehow sweep them in Wrigley in about five weeks.

Brewers handed them two huge breaks this series. First their offense didn't show up on Tuesday then Counsell decided to push Burnes back a day and go with a rookie in final game. Brewers managed to steal both.

Like Fred Lynn, Bryant peaked early, but Fred Lynn played 17 seasons. Bryant will be lucky to play ten.
I thought about Lynn when the veterans committee or players committee put Harold Baines in the hall of fame a few years ago.

What a can of worms that opened up. If Baines got in you could probably make a case, just in players who played from 1965-1995, for Lynn, Reggie Smith, Steve Garvey, Dale Murphy, Dave Parker, Al Oliver, Dusty Baker, Bobby Bonds, Kevin Mitchell, Jack Clark, Pedro Guerrero, Jimmy Wynn, Darryl Strawberry and, the two biggest injustices of all, Rusty Staub and Darrell Evans

Seems as though it was just a minute ago (June 13th [38-27])that the Cubs were tied for the lead in their division. You blink and they are 42-40 and 7.5 games out of first. Bryant is their best hitter and he is hitting a mediocre .265. Years ago, some of these guys who are starting but hitting under the mendoza line all year long would be in the minors and not on a big league team. The team owners seems to be still basking in the WS victory five years ago and have given up on their promise of making the Cubs an annual threat to win it all.

Wonder who will be traded before the All Star break? Left 18 baserunners. Can't get more pathetic than that!

I will be at Wrigley for Cubs vs Cardinals on the 11th.

Whether I have to serve as a pallbearer for the current Cubs' season or not remains to be seen.

Seems as though it was just a minute ago (June 13th [38-27])that the Cubs were tied for the lead in their division. You blink and they are 42-40 and 7.5 games out of first. Bryant is their best hitter and he is hitting a mediocre .265. Years ago, some of these guys who are starting but hitting under the mendoza line all year long would be in the minors and not on a big league team. The team owners seems to be still basking in the WS victory five years ago and have given up on their promise of making the Cubs an annual threat to win it all.
Don't blink twice. They could be 42-49 before you know it. Phillies have been a tough match up on them for years.

They absolutely need to sell their assets and reload. Even Bryant isn't all he was made out to be. Time to restock their minor league system.

They absolutely need to sell their assets and reload. Even Bryant isn't all he was made out to be. Time to restock their minor league system.
Bryant can play, but he needs a West coast team. His surfer dude California cool persona would play a lot better out there. People who ooze the entitled vibe and can't play hurt don't fly too well with Midwesterners.

Could a reunion with Joe Maddon be in the cards?

Bryant can play, but he needs a West coast team. His surfer dude California cool persona would play a lot better out there. People who ooze the entitled vibe and can't play hurt don't fly too well with Midwesterners.

Could a reunion with Joe Maddon be in the cards?
Rizzo, (back issues), maybe finished. Sox have a bevy of outfielders and first basemen. Could a trade be in the works for a catcher? A lot of holes on the Cubs roster.

Yeah, I think the issue of whether the Cubs should be buyers or sellers has been decided. They certainly cannot afford to resign some of their free agents who are looking for big contracts while not even performing during their critical year.

Knew that 11th straight loss was coming when I saw Arrieta going tonight. 7 runs in less than 2 innings. JFC, that dude is a waste of a roster spot

Anyone want to doubt that they will lose out through the break?

That would be sixteen straight, which would have to be a record for a team who was in first place when the streak started. Eleven for such a situation may already be a record.

That's what happens when you deal 3 of your starting pitchers. It was bound to blow up sooner or later. Just who is supposed to be our marque pitcher?

Latest posts