AP #9

Esteshawk

I know Net ranking means much more, Iowa still at 5, but rankings are a roller coaster ride. This week will speak for itself. Michigan 11-0 at home. I'd love to see the Hawks blemish that mark.

Last edited:
Kewl...hopefully they don't fall too far after absorbing 2 losses this week. I've got my fingers crossed Iowa can find some way to win 1 of these next 2 games but it's going to be tough.

I've watched Michigan and OSU play several times this year. Neither is the juggernaut people are making them out to be. Remember, Michigan lost by 20 to the Gophers. Beating the Buckeyes is about the only feather in the Wolverines' cap. And remember, the Buckeyes barely beat the Hawks without CJ. Color me optimistic.

I've watched Michigan and OSU play several times this year. Neither is the juggernaut people are making them out to be. Remember, Michigan lost by 20 to the Gophers. Beating the Buckeyes is about the only feather in the Wolverines' cap. And remember, the Buckeyes barely beat the Hawks without CJ. Color me optimistic.
I agree. They are both good. But I'd say be are 45% to win at worst against both of them.

I quickly looked at the coaches and AP poll and the coaches poll is in my estimation more bogus. I've watched Oklahoma a couple of times and they are not a top ten team. Ken Pom has them at 26 and Sagarin at 19. Creigton comes in at 14 and 15 on Pom and Sagarin.

Kewl...hopefully they don't fall too far after absorbing 2 losses this week. I've got my fingers crossed Iowa can find some way to win 1 of these next 2 games but it's going to be tough.

These games are totally irrelevant. Nothing matters until the tournament. Nothing. Hell, I hope we shoot a combined total of 13% from downtown in both of these games just so the stats even out for when we shoot 69% during the six games in the tournament.

These games are totally irrelevant. Nothing matters until the tournament. Nothing. Hell, I hope we shoot a combined total of 13% from downtown in both of these games just so the stats even out for when we shoot 69% during the six games in the tournament.

The remaining games are meaningless unless you want a high seed in the dance and easier match ups earlier on.

I'm not a "just get in the tournament" type of guy. I'm all for the team setting themselves up for as good of a draw as possible. Winning either of these games would go a long way towards that.

Ok...I've watched Michigan a ton too. I'll agree to disagree with you. The game against Minnesota was when Minnesota was hot and Michigan was without Brooks and I think one other guy was missing too.

Here is my take...they play a similar pressure defense that Penn State plays, with the same level of athletes. They make it very hard to get shots...you have to take them off the dribble and create. The big question is on offense is whether Garza can win in the paint against their bigs. This will be his toughest test in my opinion...Dickenson is a bruiser and is long. He blocks a lot of shots and he works for position...so does Austin the other big.

On defense...we are going to get a good idea if our man is any good. They penetrate and run the high ball screen stuff better than any team I've seen. Smith and Brooks are exceptional in this action...they wait until the roller is open or find someone on the perimeter...they are patient once past the screen...and force you to commit to help/or allow them further in the lane. They also run that high ball screen with Wagner...and he gets to the hole or dishes...he's a good passer. Honestly they are going to torch our zone because they move the ball really well...if they shoot it well from three, we are going to give up 90 to 95. They are also going to let their bigs take it at Garza.

In my opinion...Michigan is the worst match up for Iowa in the Big Ten. Their speed differential at the guard positions is going to be really, really evident. I hope Fran goes big, with Weiskamp at the 2 and Connor at the point...then we can post them against Smith and Brooks...that's an advantage we have that we need to exploit.

This Michigan team plays smart...they don't turn it over...and they are unselfish.

I thought Iowa did not play very well last night. They could have easily lost.

PSU's weave and dribble drive made the hawks look dizzy at times. They better not play like that come this week or tourney time.

Ok...I've watched Michigan a ton too. I'll agree to disagree with you. The game against Minnesota was when Minnesota was hot and Michigan was without Brooks and I think one other guy was missing too.

Here is my take...they play a similar pressure defense that Penn State plays, with the same level of athletes. They make it very hard to get shots...you have to take them off the dribble and create. The big question is on offense is whether Garza can win in the paint against their bigs. This will be his toughest test in my opinion...Dickenson is a bruiser and is long. He blocks a lot of shots and he works for position...so does Austin the other big.

On defense...we are going to get a good idea if our man is any good. They penetrate and run the high ball screen stuff better than any team I've seen. Smith and Brooks are exceptional in this action...they wait until the roller is open or find someone on the perimeter...they are patient once past the screen...and force you to commit to help/or allow them further in the lane. They also run that high ball screen with Wagner...and he gets to the hole or dishes...he's a good passer. Honestly they are going to torch our zone because they move the ball really well...if they shoot it well from three, we are going to give up 90 to 95. They are also going to let their bigs take it at Garza.

In my opinion...Michigan is the worst match up for Iowa in the Big Ten. Their speed differential at the guard positions is going to be really, really evident. I hope Fran goes big, with Weiskamp at the 2 and Connor at the point...then we can post them against Smith and Brooks...that's an advantage we have that we need to exploit.

This Michigan team plays smart...they don't turn it over...and they are unselfish.

Michigan is probably going to play Baylor or Gonzaga for the National Championship

Check out the power index.

73 % possibility Iowa makes it to the sweet sixteen.

Roughly 50/50 we make it to the elite eight.

Gonna be an exciting next six weeks or so!

Call me a homer but the Hawkeyes are legit. We know this at this stage in the season. I dont know why Indiana has our number, well, they had an attitude and we let them hang around and they just took both games forcibly... Other than that Gonzaga is the only team I would call clearly better than us that I've seen. We can beat anyone on any night and should beat most every night.

"That's what they want you to say."

"Sir, we are they."

Attachments

• 1wypju3f79e41.jpg
    1wypju3f79e41.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 4
I thought Iowa did not play very well last night. They could have easily lost.

PSU's weave and dribble drive made the hawks look dizzy at times. They better not play like that come this week or tourney time.
Between the distraction of Garza going for the scoring record and our big games this week I think it’s very much possible Iowa looked past PSU.

The remaining games are meaningless unless you want a high seed in the dance and easier match ups earlier on.

I'm not a "just get in the tournament" type of guy. I'm all for the team setting themselves up for as good of a draw as possible. Winning either of these games would go a long way towards that.

Meh, there's usually only one easy matchup and unless you're a 1 other than Virginia that one year, even that first game ain't guaranteed. There's too much variability. I'd take a shit seed and being hot in Smarch over winning these games now. Hell, that Michigan team a few years ago was a 3 seed and got hot as shit just at the right time.

Between the distraction of Garza going for the scoring record and our big games this week I think it’s very much possible Iowa looked past PSU.
I don't think that was the case at all. I think Penn State got hot for about 15 minutes of game time (something average teams do all the time) and we had a lot of in and out 3s and missed free throws. I'm pretty sure Garza missed two front ends of one and ones too.

Latest posts