Czinano Big 10 POW Clark Big 10 FOW

ClintonIAfan

Iowa sweeps the weekly honors.

Monika Czinano is the Big 10 player of the week for the first time. She averaged 28.5 points per game, shooting .848 from the field, and 8 rebounds.

Caitlin Clark earned another Big 10 freshman of the week honor. She averaged 22.5 points per game, and 9.5 assists.

1612216063498.png

1612216088257.png

Co Big 10 player of the week and freshman of the week. She had a career high, and arena high 39 points at Nebraska. 1613423738151.png

Last edited:
Hope we can keep Caitlin around for 4 years.
Well, if Sabrina Ionescu spent 4 years at Oregon, I’m assuming Clark will stay 4 years. Can women even leave early? I mean, they have to play overseas......the pay in the WNBA isn’t a lot. Why not stay?

edit: I just looked up Ionescu’s salary. It’s $68k. As the #1 pick in the draft.

Last edited:
Well, if Sabrina Ionescu spent 4 years at Oregon, I’m assuming Clark will stay 4 years. Can women even leave early? I mean, they have to play overseas......the pay in the WNBA isn’t a lot. Why not stay?

edit: I just looked up Ionescu’s salary. It’s $68k. As the #1 pick in the draft.
I think the women need to be 22 at the time of the draft so the birthday is the question. As far as staying some don't care for school and would rather go overseas where the money is.

I think the women need to be 22 at the time of the draft so the birthday is the question. As far as staying some don't care for school and would rather go overseas where the money is.
I just saw Iowa BB tweet her happy bd a few weeks ago, so I’m assuming she’s 19. i suppose you’re right and she just might go overseas early, but I think she’ll stay.

I hope I’m wrong, but it seems to me that it’s going to be hard for the powers that be to not anoint Bueckers. I hope I’m wrong. Clark has been amazing.....an ‘off’ day for her is 18-7-11-2. She deserves at least freshman POY, and is at least in the discussion for overall POY.

I hope I’m wrong, but it seems to me that it’s going to be hard for the powers that be to not anoint Bueckers. I hope I’m wrong. Clark has been amazing.....an ‘off’ day for her is 18-7-11-2. She deserves at least freshman POY, and is at least in the discussion for overall POY.
U Conn playing in a week conference and boasting a 20-1 record might sway some people. U Conn needs to step up and quite hiding behind week conferences. I mean they are beating these teams by 30 or more every game. Whooopeeeee! They went from terrible conference to another. I think that's why the light is shinning brighter on Caitlin at this point. Bueckers is very good but with her supporting cast why wouldn't she be. I hope they just don't give everything to PB based on who she plays for.

Kudos to Caitlan and Monica!! I am loving watching this team grow and the bench develop. Gaby has been contributing nicely. And the bench is covering the post well.

Caitlin Clark with her 13th freshman of the week award. She averaged 33.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, 4.5 assists. She leads the nation in total points (631), PPG (27.4), 3-pointers made (92), and 3FGM/game (4.0).

Latest posts