Cyclone appreciation thread

This kind of sycophancy is just fkn embarrassing coming from a "journalist." Randy prolly wears a dental dam and knee pads whenever he prepares to interview Campbell.

Seriously. Try to read it without feeling uncomfortable.

"Saturday’s 42-6 victory against West Virginia to seal the best regular-season record in the Big 12 Conference was the significant occurrence for Iowa State football since ...

... Well, it’s the best ever, unless you want to retroactively count the November 2015 day Matt Campbell said yes to athletics director Jamie Pollard."

Jesus Christ
It's weird, I find myself rooting against Iowa State when they play a Louisiana, for example. I love to see them lose to teams like this to knock them down a peg, or two. I usually root for them though when they play Oklahoma or some other team in the B12. I don't really care honestly...but it's ok to see them have success in the B12.

That article in The Register is ridiculous. Talk about Oklahoma...fine. Texas sucks and has sucked for a long time...one ten win season in 13 years. Tell me where they have done anything nationally in what 12 or 13 years. Peterson talking about how there is no hiding in the Big 12...LOL...you have to play everyone. LOL. You have to play Oklahoma and the shadow they cast over the entire league. The 9 other teams that don't play any defense and Oklahoma State and Kansas State have sucked ass the last three years. The B12 is a terrible football conference right now.

I know it's proper to give the Cyclones credit...they deserve it...they are in the B12 championship game. It's a huge accomplishment for the Iowa State program. But don't act like the did it beating a bunch of great teams in the SEC...or an Ohio State or Wisconsin. Please. Iowa State hasn't beaten Iowa in 6 years. Campbell has never beaten Iowa. They would have had a shot this year though with the way we started...but I don't think they beat Iowa if we play them right now.

Hello all, just came on here to reaffirm the hawk fan base is the biggest bunch of douchers in the country. Thanks for not letting me down. Merry Christmas, now go F yourselves!

Hello all, just came on here to reaffirm the hawk fan base is the biggest bunch of douchers in the country. Thanks for not letting me down. Merry Christmas, now go F yourselves!
Here's hoping your punt return team doesn't run into eachother in the B12 championship game.

Best of Luck...I know it's been awhile since Iowa State has been in a championship game...wait...you never have...well...good luck...and remember...you probably will beat Iowa again at some point.

This would be the difference between our fan bases. There are none of us that need to go to the Cloneworld site to reaffirm how delusional the ISU fan base is. It's the given in any equation.

Last edited:
^^^^^This is why I hope they get worked by Oklahoma in the championship game.

Too damn cold there now. Arrange a neutral site season-ending game in Arizona. Plenty of facilities and available rooms. Lots of Hawk fans live here; not as many clowns but a few.

I’m serious.
I’d assume bowl games this year, if any, will be about ratings, not butts in the seats. I’m not sure how many nationally would watch Iowa-ISU.

I’d assume bowl games this year, if any, will be about ratings, not butts in the seats. I’m not sure how many nationally would watch Iowa-ISU.

I don't think ratings even matter this year. ESPN who televises 90% of these bowl games desperately need content. Iowa/ISU in the Texas bowl or whatever will get a decent number. These shit bowl games often put up ratings equivalent to many NBA/NHL/MLB playoff games.

Now that's just not nice. Comments like that mean Santa will definitely leave you a lump of coal.

I'd like to see them beat Oklahoma and win their bowl game. I'd be happy for my friends and relatives who are ISU alumni They aren't going to the CFP. However if in a bowl game they were playing NW or Indiana I don't know if I'd root for them. My loyalties to the B1G are strong and NO I will not give them any appreciation.

I saw this article and thought it was an interesting perspective from former ISU head coach Jim Walden.

Walden is 82 now? Man has the time flown.

I had a couple phone conversations with Walden after he left Iowa State and wanted to syndicate a cable TV show called "Jim Walden's World Of Sports." It was kind of a combination of Roggin's Heroes, American's Funniest Videos, and the George Michael Sports Machine. I would have been the local contact for a show like that as TCI cable's Local Origination coordinator in charge of any sports related program content. Walden was a great guy from my dealings with him. I remember when he did his weekly coaches show and would end the last show of the year with a parody of the Waltons TV show (Goodnight John-Boy, etc.) and call it "The Waldens".

I have no problem cheering for the Cyclones except when we wrestle, play basketball or football. But my cheer is neither loud nor sincere at a high level.

Does it feel like 1912 all over again?
Congrats beating a conference that is worse than the Sun Belt.
It's like waiting on Haley's comment and you nailed it. See you in another...87 years?
Now that's just not nice. Comments like that mean Santa will definitely leave you a lump of coal.
Damn man you just find out your wife’s boyfriend is a Hawkeye fan?
Not banning @IAST8SGR8 because that’s what he’s trying for, but I did improve his profile slightly with a fresh new Jacob Park avatar, and an early pic of KF and Campbell sharing a nice moment in his signature.

Last edited:
Or, how about an 8 team playoff? Or at least a 6 team playoff so some of these teams could get in and prove that they do or don't suck.

Or, how about an 8 team playoff? Or at least a 6 team playoff so some of these teams could get in and prove that they do or don't suck.

Alabama shouldn't be subjected to 3 playoff games for dominating the shit out of everyone during the season. Make it 7 and give Bama a bye and I'll sign off on it.