SITE is broken for me!

HawkPrdatr40

Takes forever to navigate HN. I have no issues except when coming to HN. I went to HawkeyeInsider today for 1st time in years and zero issues. So unless I can get a solution to what it is I might be going to the darkside for my Hawk talk.

Get an AdBlocker and test the site. If it works fine, then start unblocking ads one-by-one until you find the one that messes with your experience, and leave that one blocked.

uBlock Origin is a good one.

Get an AdBlocker and test the site. If it works fine, then start unblocking ads one-by-one until you find the one that messes with your experience, and leave that one blocked.

uBlock Origin is a good one.

That might be easier said than done. I have AdBlock and wanting to get rid of the google ads in the middle of the text because they keep popping up inappropriate ads and my 12 yo is often sitting with or near me. The article is part of a taboola feed and the very first level of ad blocking takes away the article. My visitation to the site has gone way down as a result.

I've been away for awhile and now the experience is terrible. Ads Ads Ads and more Ads. Too many scripts running, slow to load, unstable, typing is difficult, just terrible.

I've been away for awhile and now the experience is terrible. Ads Ads Ads and more Ads. Too many scripts running, slow to load, unstable, typing is difficult, just terrible.

Yup same. It's My last day here. I'm packing up and going to the HawkeyeInsider. Sadly HN is not the same for me anymore and that's on how it's being managed..

Yep, I found it impossible to go to the forums page with Google, Chrome, and even Go Duck Go. Finally got access through Safari. Tried the ad blocker, that was a shit show. Haven’t been able to post on forums at all for months until now. The only thing I was able to do was read articles. I would also get bumped with that web page not available and get kicked out. I will never pay for a subscription to this site if that’s what you are trying to do. This site is going down in a hurry.

Yep, I found it impossible to go to the forums page with Google, Chrome, and even Go Duck Go. Finally got access through Safari. Tried the ad blocker, that was a shit show. Haven’t been able to post on forums at all for months until now. The only thing I was able to do was read articles. I would also get bumped with that web page not available and get kicked out. I will never pay for a subscription to this site if that’s what you are trying to do. This site is going down in a hurry.

So Broken that it seriously took me 11 days to respond. So since I finally got it to where I could reply and still not sure how I was able to I can't navigate this site it just spins. I comeback every now and again to see if it's changed but it hasn't.. JOKE!!!

What's up with pages taking forever to load and sometimes not loading at all? It only happens when I log in. If I'm not logged in, everything runs smooth. Sounds like others have had this problem too. Did anyone figure it out?

Yeah, it's been a bit flakey for me too since the cutover to the new platform. Slow loads sometimes, and random 503 errors. But it's Gannett now, so what do we expect...

Now that I am caught up, I am ok with the new tech. I get the 503 rarely and click a second time and my story or post loads. A few times, when I have tried to access an article, the site freezes up and I have to try again later in the day.

I had some posters on “ignore” but when the transition took place, the “ignore” list disappeared. Anyone know how to access? I clicked on the option in my account but it goes nowhere. Not a big deal, just curious.

I'm also having those issues a bit while not logged in. Those are no big deal. But once I log in, the site is almost impossible to use. I think I read 83hawk had the same issues. Anyone know why being logged in would make such a difference?

I talked on the phone yesterday to a HN rep. He answered my call immediately, listened carefully to my concerns, and explained in plain English what was going on. I had been able to use the site as usual in the a.m., but could not access it even when I re-logged in a couple of times in the p.m. He told me the site had been crashing on too many occasions and that they were (my words) starting over. It is 10:45 a.m. on Saturday as I write this and the site is working fine. I did need to log in, but now my process for doing so worked fine. He was really apologetic. I was impressed.

If navigate to the site via a book mark . I get

Unsupported Media​

Sorry, the page you requested could not be found.

But then I navigate to the same exact page with the same url, its ok