Marcel Joly

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is pretty clear that there was a disconnect somewhere. Being oblivious to it is a problem and if he did know it is a bigger problem. I do not know what is what, but it is on his watch, so there are no excuses. None.

sometimes, when people say, “no excuses” they tend to ignore the vast amount of real estate between black and white. And no, that is not a racial inference.

KF stated that he was not aware of racism in the program. As a person who was head of a medium to large organization, I can tell you that you may be surprised at how many elements you may not be aware of, both good and bad. I am not a big fan of statements like, “He must have known!” How the hell would we know? Guilty by reason of Twitter, I guess. Or HN posters.

I just have a hard time that he didn't. He knew his sons outbursts.

KF stated that he was not aware of racism in the program. As a person who was head of a medium to large organization, I can tell you that you may be surprised at how many elements you may not be aware of, both good and bad. I am not a big fan of statements like, “He must have known!” How the hell would we know? Guilty by reason of Twitter, I guess. Or HN posters.

If he didn't know, he should have investigated. No doubt he knew the black graduation rate was.

If he didn't know, he should have investigated. No doubt he knew the black graduation rate was.

GSR is much indicative than Graduation Rate. It’s easy to spot the narrative that the writers wish to convey when they use Graduation Rate over GSR.

I missed the part where black athletes are doing well and the is not problem with black athletes retention. Thx for using your superior intellect to set my simple mind at ease. There is no problem. Settled.
Except that's not at all what he said.

You gonna add statistician to your ever-growing list of mastery?

I missed the part where black athletes are doing well and the is not problem with black athletes retention. Thx for using your superior intellect to set my simple mind at ease. There is no problem. Settled.

So you think at a time when transferring is at an all time high, that it shouldn’t be accounted for. A player could transfer, get his BA, MBA and PHD and count as net negative, someone who didn’t graduate college. That’s a strange hill to die on.

So you think at a time when transferring is at an all time high, that it shouldn’t be accounted for. A player could transfer, get his BA, MBA and PHD and count as net negative, someone who didn’t graduate college. That’s a strange hill to die on.

Compare to other schools. Iowa would be dismal in the SEC.

According to the NCAA themselves, using this website:

https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/gsrsearch

That would be false as well.

Numbers only go to 2012, but even then, Iowa's numbers were on a 4 year upward trend, with our 2012 GSR being 85.

That would have tied for third in the SEC with Alabama, being behind only Vanderbilt (95) and South Carolina (92)

Look at ACT and SAT scores. Iowa has no business bragging about academics outside of Med and Law.

We get it. You don't like blacks.

Look at ACT and SAT scores. Iowa has no business bragging about academics outside of Med and Law.

So what are we talking about? GSR or ACT? Talk about a pivot.

I have zero problem with blacks, I don't like you because you're a coward who resorts to name-calling instead of providing evidence like an adult.

Entry standards are governed by the state. Iowa is better than the majority of SEC schools. You just don’t like facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts