Marcel Joly

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanziUSA

Joly, the Haitian Prince, posted a video of BF kicking a garbage can, tweeted it @ his buddy Rob Howe and BF. Yes kicked a garbage can, how dare that coach. Rob got mad because fans were calling Joly soft, rightfully so and went full recruiting coordinator saying these recruits are seeing this. Between Akrum Wadley’s mom defending a 25 year old 2 years later, Robs agenda pushing, and garbage cans having feelings....this shit is comical and recruits probably see that too. They probably also see one sided reporting;)

Joly, the Haitian Prince, posted a video of BF kicking a garbage can, tweeted it @ his buddy Rob Howe and BF. Yes kicked a garbage can, how dare that coach. Rob got mad because fans were calling Joly soft, rightfully so and went full recruiting coordinator saying these recruits are seeing this. Between Akrum Wadley’s mom defending a 25 year old 2 years later, Robs agenda pushing, and garbage cans having feelings....this shit is comical and recruits probably see that too. They probably also see one sided reporting;)
If this site is so caustic for you, why don't you ignore it?

You're gonna fit right in with your new nebraska fan buds.

I don't think its the fact that garbage cans have feelings, but more along the lines of a coach who lost control of his emotions and had a tantrum. Whether it's viewed as a big deal or not it's not a good look for BF.

Not to imply that the behavior is acceptable, but I shudder to think about how people would view the antics of coaches when I played. This kind of stuff was a daily occurrence, as was belittling, name-calling, yelling obscenities, etc., etc.

Regardless, Rob is absolutely right that fans going after former players on social media is at best counter-productive when it comes to perception and the good of the program. Other than the satisfaction of venting behind a keyboard, that's a no-win scenario.

And Marcel Joly using a 3 second video completely out of context (and if Drake Kulick is to be believed, had nothing to do with him to begin with) isn't harmful to recruiting?

This is getting ridiculous.

And Marcel Joly using a 3 second video completely out of context (and if Drake Kulick is to be believed, had nothing to do with him to begin with) isn't harmful to recruiting?

I'm sure it is.

The problem, is that going after him and debating about the merits of his posts isn't going to help in the eyes of recruits and parents. Yes, it's a bitter pill to swallow when we as fans view posts that are exaggerated, taken out context, spun towards a certain narrative, etc., but it is what it is, and going after them isn't going to help Iowa's stance at all.

Leave that to other former players to call them out, but, unfortunately, most will sit on their hands out of fear of being ridiculed or labeled. Fans should stay out of it IMHO.

I didn't RT or Like the Tweet that was directed at me by Marcel. Fans took to attacking him on their own.

He has issues with how he was treated by BF and I took it as him asking what was happening with BF. I explained to him that Barta said he would make a judgment about BF's behavior after the investigation.

Agree.

I do believe that there are some racially driven problems at Iowa, and bad ones. I also tend to believe Kallenberger because he provided a lot of details that could (and hopefully will be) corroborated by other players in the room, and he gave details that, if they weren't true, would have been quashed pretty quickly.

But...

Coaching temper tantrums are not the same thing as racial statements/intimidation and abuse like what Kallenberger got. It's a general loss of control that, even though it's not a great look or confidence builder, isn't usually aimed at someone because they're black.

If the garbage can thing was as bad as you say it was then Fran needs to get thrown in Rockwell City's prison for at least 15 years.

Have the dipshits whining about the garbage can getting kicked ever watched an Iowa basketball game for F's sake?

If the garbage can thing was as bad as they say it was then Fran needs to get thrown in Rockwell City's prison for at least 15 years.

tenor.gif

CourageousFrightenedGannet-size_restricted.gif

BB_OlS2CQAAGOli.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't RT or Like the Tweet that was directed at me by Marcel. Fans took to attacking him on their own.

He has issues with how he was treated by BF and I took it as him asking what was happening with BF. I explained to him that Barta said he would make a judgment about BF's behavior after the investigation.
Rob I agree with what you've done so far in reporting and tweeting, but maybe mention for fairness that Fran routinely does much worse on national TV.

And I say that as someone who thinks Brian should be gone if he really said the stuff he's accused of.

Played all HS and through college 20 years of coaching. I'm not saying there wasn't a certain degree of premeditation behind it or an ulterior motive behind it. But I see it as a loss of control simply for the fact that you can't control what occurs after that moment. We both know if a coach throws that sort of tantrum at a youth sporting event or at the high school level they're lucky if they aren't ejected. If I took a chair to a gym floor like Fran did, ejection or not, I'm lucky if I still have a job.

Rob I agree with what you've done so far in reporting and tweeting, but maybe mention for fairness that Fran routinely does much worse on national TV.

And I say that as someone who thinks Brian should be gone if he really said the stuff he's accused of.

Get real.

Agree.

I do believe that there are some racially driven problems at Iowa, and bad ones. I also tend to believe Kallenberger because he provided a lot of details that could (and hopefully will be) corroborated by other players in the room, and he gave details that, if they weren't true, would have been quashed pretty quickly.

But...

Coaching temper tantrums are not the same thing as racial statements/intimidation and abuse like what Kallenberger got. It's a general loss of control that, even though it's not a great look or confidence builder, isn't usually aimed at someone because they're black.

If the garbage can thing was as bad as you say it was then Fran needs to get thrown in Rockwell City's prison for at least 15 years.

Have the dipshits whining about the garbage can getting kicked ever watched an Iowa basketball game for F's sake?

If the garbage can thing was as bad as they say it was then Fran needs to get thrown in Rockwell City's prison for at least 15 years.

tenor.gif

CourageousFrightenedGannet-size_restricted.gif

BB_OlS2CQAAGOli.jpg

He rages because he cares. Fran has a problem with social distancing it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.